Pelicans Report

Page 40 of 157 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Either you are a troll or you are the dumbest person alive. I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt
    I knew you would love it

Wait till people find out Knocks changed mind on Lonzo.

Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Doubt we could get Sexton, Prince and 18 for Bledsoe and 10. That would be a steal. That is a lot for the Thunder to give up to move 3 spots (6, 16, 18 and take on Bledsoe).
    Maybe not Prince. But I wonder how high Sexton?s value truly is with his upcoming payday. Also keep in mind this draft falls off after the top 3 maybe 4. If the Thunder love Mobley it could be justified. The Thunder have been trying to move up and the Cavs have shown a willingness to move down. The Hawks traded 8 and 17 and took on Solomon Hill to move up to four. So not really that crazy. 16+18 may be too much though you?re right.
    Last edited by iNolaNightmare; 07-12-2021 at 05:43 PM.

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/statu...584730628?s=20

Well, Becky Hammon just saying truth about us and DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BenStandig/statu...584730628?s=20

Well, Becky Hammon just saying truth about us and DC.
    If you read the article, those are not her comments, but the writer (Jabari Young).

Lowry?

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nb...s-big-spenders

Lowry will be the toughest get. Philadelphia, Miami and New Orleans are among the expected suitors for Lowry. The Pelicans would have to find a taker for Eric Bledsoe to make such a deal happen.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm not against Lowry. But he's not the full scale move we need to really become better.

Be great if it was part of a larger offseason.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 07-18-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm not against Lowry. But he's not the full scale move we need to really become better.

If you can have Lowry and NAW as your backcourt, I'm in for that

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Lowry is alright. I would prefer Powell. I see a lot people saying they think NAW might be better as a point long term, but Idk about that...

Lowry is alright. I would prefer Powell. I see a lot people saying they think NAW might be better as a point long term, but Idk about that...
    NAW and Lowry would compliment each other perfectly

I'd be super happy with that starting backcourt

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    NAW and Lowry would compliment each other perfectly

I'd be super happy with that starting backcourt
    Agreed. Honestly not sure where the Lowry scepticism is coming from.

I get if, due to age, you think he's not the best long term solution but in terms of ''would he make us a better team next season'' the answer is pretty inarguably yes imo. He's one of maybe the 6 best PGs in the NBA right now? By comparison, we are a team which just played a year basically without a PG. The step up would be obvious and significant.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Agreed. Honestly not sure where the Lowry scepticism is coming from.

I get if, due to age, you think he's not the best long term solution but in terms of ''would he make us a better team next season'' the answer is pretty inarguably yes imo. He's one of maybe the 6 best PGs in the NBA right now? By comparison, we are a team which just played a year basically without a PG. The step up would be obvious and significant.
    Lowry would be perfect for this team imo. Bridge the gap until Kira is ready. Give that veteran leadership and accountability that this team is absolutely desperate for.

So much of Lowry's game is what the Pels lacked last year. I think that he and Kira are comparable skillsets, but Kira is obviously not ready for that role yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Lowry would be perfect for this team imo. Bridge the gap until Kira is ready. Give that veteran leadership and accountability that this team is absolutely desperate for.
    Isn't that what Adams and Bledsoe were supposed to be for last year? Do we take the route of going all in on an expensive 35 year old veteran in hopes we can replicate what the Suns did or do we go for someone like Sexton and attempt to build for future?

Isn't that what Adams and Bledsoe were supposed to be for last year? Do we take the route of going all in on an expensive 35 year old veteran in hopes we can replicate what the Suns did or do we go for someone like Sexton and attempt to build for future?
    Bledsoe to Lowry is a pretty silly comparison I think. Half of the people on this board alone were distraught or upset when we kept Bledsoe; people knew coming in that he was not the guy some people presented him as. Massively overrated, given impact by a system that he did not create, and prone to just not bothering to engage - see his time in Phoenix as well for this.

Lowry is the very opposite of that. Lowry was great this year when the Raptors were in the lottery, he was amazing in their title run as well. Either circumstance he put the work in, he led the team, and he was highly impactful. It's fair to speculate whether he's going to fall off this year or not, he is older, and it's fair to say what it would take to get him wouldn't be worth it long term, but the idea that he is like Bledsoe is kind of absurd.

I'm not particularly interested in Sexton either.

Lowry is coming off of a season in which he averaged 17/7/4 on a 44-40-88 clip. Much different than Bledsoe or Adams. This is a legitimate all star caliber player with the ring to back it up

Lowry is coming off of a season in which he averaged 17/7/4 on a 44-40-88 clip. Much different than Bledsoe or Adams. This is a legitimate all star caliber player with the ring to back it up
    Idk... I'm afraid that he'll decline with us, but at least you know he'll be a leader and a high effort and IQ guy. So, it's not all bad. Soon or later, we got to hit on a vet player.

Idk... I'm afraid that he'll decline with us, but at least you know he'll be a leader and a high effort and IQ guy. So, it's not all bad. Soon or later, we got to hit on a vet player.
    If he declines to 75% of the player he was last season, he is still giving you skills that this team has desperately lacked from a PG since Tyreke

If he declines to 75% of the player he was last season, he is still giving you skills that this team has desperately lacked from a PG since Tyreke
    Yeah I agree. He would have to absolutely crater to be not worth it. He's really good. One of the 5 best/most important players in the East over the last decade, counting the entire body of work.

And NBA peeps are saying this is a terrible move and that Lowry won't elevate the team like CP3. He'll fall off and just be a Eric Bledsoe that cares.

I'll be honest... This probably happens to us as we pay him 30+ million

It goes like clockwork with this franchise... Get out from under one bad contract into another that seems way too risky from the beginning. Then, everyone be shocked that we did it again.
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-19-2021 at 02:12 PM.

I would bet on Lowry especially if he wants to be here. Not expecting that last part, especially if he can win another ring with his career winding down.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I would bet on Lowry especially if he wants to be here. Not expecting that last part, especially if he can win another ring with his career winding down.
    Yeah, I gotta a lot FUD(fear, uncertainty and doubt) with Griffin and this offseason. Nothing really personal against Lowry.

And NBA peeps are saying this is a terrible move and that Lowry won't elevate the team like CP3. He'll fall off and just be a Eric Bledsoe that cares.

I'll be honest... This probably happens to us as we pay him 30+ million

It goes like clockwork with this franchise... Get out from under one bad contract into another that seems way too risky from the beginning. Then, everyone be shocked that we did it again.
    I haven't seen a single NBA person say this. I have seen a number of NBA guys say they like the fit, however

I haven't seen a single NBA person say this. I have seen a number of NBA guys say they like the fit, however
    I have also not seen this at all. I'd appreciate those takes being shared, or at least names being named, so I can go read their perspectives. So far basically everyone I've seen other than twitter fans with names like @RealHoops4Dayz has talked about how much it works. I've seen a few people say stuff like ''Lowry to Pelicans is one of those things that I would never have thought of on my own, but once someone says it it instantly makes too much sense''.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bledsoe to Lowry is a pretty silly comparison I think. Half of the people on this board alone were distraught or upset when we kept Bledsoe; people knew coming in that he was not the guy some people presented him as. Massively overrated, given impact by a system that he did not create, and prone to just not bothering to engage - see his time in Phoenix as well for this.

Lowry is the very opposite of that. Lowry was great this year when the Raptors were in the lottery, he was amazing in their title run as well. Either circumstance he put the work in, he led the team, and he was highly impactful. It's fair to speculate whether he's going to fall off this year or not, he is older, and it's fair to say what it would take to get him wouldn't be worth it long term, but the idea that he is like Bledsoe is kind of absurd.

I'm not particularly interested in Sexton either.
    Reread the comment and not make it into something else. The poster said that he would bring leadership and accountability. My comment was that Bledsoe and Adams were brought in for that last year. I did not compare Lowry's skills to Bledsoe or Adams. Griffin sold us on their leadership and that they would bring accountability (along with SVG).

Thread Information