Pelicans Report

Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah saw that. Coming from Shams, we know this is Klutch trying to sabotage a deal with other teams.
    I'm not even sure it's sabotage as much as Klutch trying to exert what minimal leverage they have to pretend AD's feelings matter even 1%. Pretty weak sabotage.

Woj just said they would like a deal to be done by this weekend so they can get draft picks in for workouts next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Remember when Kwahi only wanted to go to LA and now the Raptors are one win away from being Champions? The greatest reason to ever completely ignore what players say pre trade and just go out and try putting a winning team together.
    Do we want a package like the Raptors gave up? That trade was a win-win for Toronto. Either keep Leonard and win or lose Leonard and rebuild still a win over the trajectory the team was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Reddish is absolutely not the best player available at 8 or 10.

No way Hawks move both Trae and Collins.

I think Reddish will without a doubt be the best player at 8.

I have him about even with Culver & Garland, but no worse than 7th. If he would of went to Kentucky or any other school he would be seen in much better light IMO. He was seen as the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft for most of the year. How could anyone shine with both Zion & RJ ahead of them??

My top 7:

1. Zion
    2. Ja, RJ
    4. Hunter
    5. Garland, Culver, Reddish (I have them equal. Just depends on the position you need. If Reddish would of gotten hurt like Garland, he would be seen as the 4th best player without a doubt IMO)
    8. White

Atlanta might not give up Young & Collins, but that would be the only way they would get AD from me. No way I would give up AD with either of those guys as the main piece alone. I’m don’t think either of them would put up those numbers on a winning team. I would have to get them both and all them 1st round picks to even start a conversation.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-10-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Do we want a package like the Raptors gave up? That trade was a win-win for Toronto. Either keep Leonard and win or lose Leonard and rebuild still a win over the trajectory the team was on.
    Plus they got Danny Green in that trade. That addition has proven to be very valuable this series.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I think Reddish will without a doubt be the best player at 8.

I have him about even with Culver & Garland, but no worse than 7th. If he would of went to Kentucky or any other school he would be seen in much better light IMO. He was seen as the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft for most of the year. How could anyone shine with both Zion & RJ ahead of them??

My top 7:

1. Zion
    2. Ja, RJ
    4. Hunter
    5. Garland, Culver, Reddish (I have them equal. Just depends on the position you need)
    8. White

Atlanta might not give up Young & Collins, but that would be the only way they would get AD from me. No way I would give up AD with either of those guys as the main piece alone. I’m don’t think either of them would put up those numbers on a winning team. I would have to get them both and all them 1st round picks to even start a conversation.
    Okay that's cool, I clearly judge prospects by very different standards than you do. Cool.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I like it (resign Elfrid!), but I think the Wizards hang up the phone. So I think you'd have to sweeten it quite a bit. Let's try:

Knicks: AD

Wizards: Etwaun Moore, Solo Hill, Frank Jackson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, & 2021 Knicks 1st round pick, 2021 Dallas or 2021 New Orleans 1st round pick (New Orleans has swap rights/higher pick)

Pels: Bradley Beal, Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, 2021 Dallas or 2021 New Orleans 1st round pick (New Orleans receives higher pick)
    Ya'll are WAY overvaluing Beal. You do realize that legit Top 10 Hall of Famers got traded in their primes for less than what you're saying Beal will net? Beal is nice but he is somewhere between 20-40 in the league. The Wizards were reported to want 2 1sts, 1 young prospect and 1 more role player (as of February). The Knicks have plenty to get him.

P.S. - Dallas and them were also in advanced talks in the past on a deal centered around DSJ for Beal.

Here is a cleaner version of a Knicks/Washington trade.

Wizards: DSJ, Knox, Ntilikina, Solomon Hill, 2021 Knicks 1st round pick

Pelicans: Beal, RJ Barrett, Robinson, and 2021 Dallas 1st round pick

This is a solid deal for all parties. Great for us.

The question is will the Wizards execute a trade without a GM?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post

I like this deal a fair amount. It's not a dream deal, obviously, because if it was I'd want both Dallas picks from NY, and I'd want their 2023 FRP too. And in a perfect world, we'd take this year's Wizards pick.

But obviously that's a little head-in-the-clouds. The deal as presented there is pretty solid, for the most part. I don't see Washington making it though: they'd be taking on a bunch of low-value guys in Knox and Ntilikina. Hill gives them a fairly large expiring which is good for their cap, but unless they really love Knox or Ntilikina, I don't think they take it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsabis29 View Post
    Ya'll are WAY overvaluing Beal. You do realize that legit Top 10 Hall of Famers got traded in their primes for less than what you're saying Beal will net? Beal is nice but he is somewhere between 20-40 in the league. The Wizards were reported to want 2 1sts, 1 young prospect and 1 more role player (as of February). The Knicks have plenty to get him.

P.S. - Dallas and them were also in advanced talks in the past on a deal centered around DSJ for Beal.

Then they should be happy with that package. You have to take into account they have to wait for 2021 for their two first round picks they want, Knox hasn't shown much and everybody is still waiting for DSJ to show all that much. There are young guys with potential, but they all could end up busts. I think it's pretty fair and don't see it as an overpay in the slightest. Maybe WASH doesn't like it and doesn't accept. I think this trade works pretty well for everyone?

It still looks like the Lakers or the Knicks. I hope this saga ends before the draft.

It still looks like the Lakers or the Knicks. I hope this saga ends before the draft.
    Probably gonna be a draft night deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

I don't think they'd do it either which is why I sweetened it up. If I'm a Wizards fan I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Plus they got Danny Green in that trade. That addition has proven to be very valuable this series.
    Again I may end up being death wrong, but I highly doubt Ainge(or any competent GM) would trade the farm for a player with one year under contract and that's lock in on New York or Los Angeles.

I like this deal a fair amount. It's not a dream deal, obviously, because if it was I'd want both Dallas picks from NY, and I'd want their 2023 FRP too. And in a perfect world, we'd take this year's Wizards pick.

But obviously that's a little head-in-the-clouds. The deal as presented there is pretty solid, for the most part. I don't see Washington making it though: they'd be taking on a bunch of low-value guys in Knox and Ntilikina. Hill gives them a fairly large expiring which is good for their cap, but unless they really love Knox or Ntilikina, I don't think they take it.
    The 2023 Dallas 1st round pick could be added to sweeten the deal for Washington if needed.

Pelicans lineup with the trade.

PG: Holiday/Payton/Jackson
    SG: Beal/Moore
    SF: Barrett/Williams
    PF: Williamson/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Robinson/Okafor/Wood

Pick #39= best shooting SG/SF available
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-10-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Again I may end up being death wrong, but I highly doubt Ainge(or any competent GM) would trade the farm for a player with one year under contract and that's lock in on New York or Los Angeles.
    Whenever someone says they doubt Ainge would trade lots of assets for a suboptimal deal, I like to remind them that he tried really hard to move 4 first round picks for Justise Winslow.

I am with you. And Woj kind of insinuates that in the post Dae made.....

The wording that they "believe in their roster" with without Kyrie. They're not about to dismantle that roster. They want to make a trade that leaves the roster intact enough to support AD on a playoff run. All their draft picks, probably. As the post above says, they will freely unload all the picks. But not all the players we want.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-10-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I am with you. And Woj kind of insinuates that in the post Dae made.....

The wording that they "believe in their roster" with without Kyrie. They're not about to dismantle that roster. All their draft picks, maybe. But not all the players we want.
    I don't think it's as simple as that. ''The Celtics want to pursue Davis [...] with or without Kyrie Irving''.

If they want AD, they will need to give up players. They don't HAVE enough good draft picks to JUST do draft picks. It's totally possible that they wouldn't offer up everything but if they actually, legitimately, truthfully DO want to pursue Davis, they're going to have to offer up at least SOME of the players. Especially if they're being ''aggressive'' about it.

AD for pick #14, 20, 22, and Robert Williams doesn't cut it.

Whenever someone says they doubt Ainge would trade lots of assets for a suboptimal deal, I like to remind them that he tried really hard to move 4 first round picks for Justise Winslow.
    That's an example of bad talent evaluation. If he drafts Winslow he had him for at a (very) minimal of 5 years. If Ainge thought Justice was a bonafide superstar it made sense to make that trade. This is not the same.

That's an example of bad talent evaluation. If he drafts Winslow he had him for at a (very) minimal of 5 years. If Ainge thought Justice was a bonafide superstar it made sense to make that trade. This is not the same.
    The point isn't to say that this scenario is identical.

The point is to say that Ainge isn't a genius, and he's just as prone to making stupid mistakes as anybody else, especially when he has his mind set on something. He had his mind set on Winslow, so he nearly destroyed his franchise for him. If he has his mind set of AD, which we have heard again and again is the case for multiple years now, and is ''aggressively'' pursuing him (as Woj says) then he might well overplay his hand and give up more assets than are perhaps wise.

I don't think it's as simple as that. ''The Celtics want to pursue Davis [...] with or without Kyrie Irving''.

If they want AD, they will need to give up players They don't HAVE enough good draft picks to JUST do draft picks. It's totally possible that they wouldn't offer up everything but if they actually, legitimately, truthfully DO want to pursue Davis, they're going to have to offer up at least SOME of the players. Especially if they're being ''aggressive'' about it.

AD for pick #14, 20, 22, and Robert Williams doesn't cut it.
    I said ALL the players we want. So the package could be Tatum and all picks. Or Smart, Brown, all picks and no Tatum. Which we wouldn't like. Which would take them out of the running.

The Celtics will not deplete their roster for a one year rental.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I said ALL the players we want. So the package could be Tatum and all picks. Or Smart, Brown, all picks and no Tatum. Which we wouldn't like. Which would take them out of the running.
    That depends on what the asking price is, which depends on what the other teams offer.

Like I said to daTHRONE, Ainge has been shown historically to be capable of making stupid moves when he has his sights set on something. If he really is as desperate for AD as the last three years would have us believe, and if Griffin is half the negotiator we presume him to be, there's a higher probability of Ainge coughing up the assets than people seem to be willing to admit.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Starting to shift away from anything Shams is saying. He's clearly the Klutch mouthpiece right now, and Klutch has ZERO leverage.

Thread Information