Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zion's family wants Zion traded

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Fan apathy is at an all time high right now. Griff better hit a home run with the coach AND trade some of these picks for some shooters or it's going to be a ghost town in the arena this year.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I hope that Griffin doesn't drop to his knees, open up, and start panic buying others' trash.
    Dell Demps 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Fan apathy is at an all time high right now. Griff better hit a home run with the coach AND trade some of these picks for some shooters or it's going to be a ghost town in the arena this year.
    I'm going regardless. That is what real fans do.

This is what happens when you draft young mama's boys players. Zion needs to GROW up and confront management behind the scenes. This sounds like a Klutch doing. He's good with Lonzo...could it be he's feeding Z? We have too many babies on this team, put some real men around him to help him grow up. It's just not the Pelicans the whole league is upside down. Now the coaches are getting into the act. Maybe the owners/league ought to shut it down and let these misfits make it on their own. Sick and tired of these pampered athletes throwing tantrums while making millions. Goes to show you the human thirst will never be quinched. What's next forcing owners to give them pieces of their franchise? I'm not defending the owners either, understand players wanting to win but do your business professionally. Drue was a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    This is what happens when you draft young mama's boys players. Zion needs to GROW up and confront management behind the scenes. This sounds like a Klutch doing. He's good with Lonzo...could it be he's feeding Z? We have too many babies on this team, put some real men around him to help him grow up. It's just not the Pelicans the whole league is upside down. Now the coaches are getting into the act. Maybe the owners/league ought to shut it down and let these misfits make it on their own. Sick and tired of these pampered athletes throwing tantrums while making millions. Goes to show you the human thirst will never be quinched. What's next forcing owners to give them pieces of their franchise? I'm not defending the owners either, understand players wanting to win but do your business professionally. Drue was a prime example.
    Maybe he did confront Griff behind the scenes and told him the issues he and others had with SVG so that it gets changed now rather than a few more years of missing the playoffs and he decides to bolt.

And so Griff talked to SVG about the issues but SVG didn’t want to change how he coaches so there was no choice but to “mutually part ways”.

This Zion topic is outweighing the Luka talk which leads me to believe that the Pels HC opportunity is still more desirable than the Mavs. Apparently the Mavs dilemma has to do with Cuban leaning on the beliefs of his analyst/ former Vegas book maker. Dallas is going all in on analytics (good luck with that).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I really do see what the big deal is here. Why the panic? This isn?t Zion saying he wants out. He hasn?t as far as anyone knows gone to Grif and demanded to be trade, has he? Until then, who gives a ********.

How many here, have in the past had their parents not like where they worked? My parents did not like it when I joined the Marines but I did. My parents weren?t big fans of me moving to another place to work, but I did. It is just facts.

If Zion is worried about legacy, then what better legacy can an elite player achieve than to take a franchise like NO to the promise land? I doubt very seriously he would make more money in a bigger market, and if he did, in all reality it would be a drop in the bucket compared to what he is making now.

Zion wants to win, it is as simple as that. Some of that rest on his shoulders. If he was just an average defender last year, how many more wins would this team would have had? Who knows, but maybe if he was a better defender, they would have been in the play-in.

There is no doubt that even if very little is done this offseason to add to this team, this team is going to be better. Zion should be a better player, NAW, Kira and Hayes should all be better players with another year of experience. So I don?t think much really needs to be done to make this team a winner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This Zion topic is outweighing the Luka talk which leads me to believe that the Pels HC opportunity is still more desirable than the Mavs. Apparently the Mavs dilemma has to do with Cuban leaning on the beliefs of his analyst/ former Vegas book maker. Dallas is going all in on analytics (good luck with that).
    Cuban ignored the sexual harassment complaints too.

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    I really do see what the big deal is here. Why the panic? This isn?t Zion saying he wants out. He hasn?t as far as anyone knows gone to Grif and demanded to be trade, has he? Until then, who gives a ********.

How many here, have in the past had their parents not like where they worked? My parents did not like it when I joined the Marines but I did. My parents weren?t big fans of me moving to another place to work, but I did. It is just facts.

If Zion is worried about legacy, then what better legacy can an elite player achieve than to take a franchise like NO to the promise land? I doubt very seriously he would make more money in a bigger market, and if he did, in all reality it would be a drop in the bucket compared to what he is making now.

Zion wants to win, it is as simple as that. Some of that rest on his shoulders. If he was just an average defender last year, how many more wins would this team would have had? Who knows, but maybe if he was a better defender, they would have been in the play-in.

There is no doubt that even if very little is done this offseason to add to this team, this team is going to be better. Zion should be a better player, NAW, Kira and Hayes should all be better players with another year of experience. So I don?t think much really needs to be done to make this team a winner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Look at it like this instead

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah....literally everyone behind the scenes knew this for a while. And one guy tried to tell you guys about it on this board numerous times. But people dont want to hear the bad and/or will find a way to spin it to themselves so it isnt so bad. Bias blinds even the most logical minds. This shouldnt have even come as news to any of you all yesterday, but your bias made you not want to believe it. Learn from this lesson and be more open moving forward. Or dont. Be a fan. Be biased, but have no one other than yourself to blame when expectations dont match with reality
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah....literally everyone behind the scenes knew this for a while. And one guy tried to tell you guys about it on this board numerous times. But people dont want to hear the bad and/or will find a way to spin it to themselves so it isnt so bad. Bias blinds even the most logical minds. This shouldnt have even come as news to any of you all yesterday, but your bias made you not want to believe it. Learn from this lesson and be more open moving forward. Or dont. Be a fan. Be biased, but have no one other than yourself to blame when expectations dont match with reality
    I remember you said this months ago and everyone called you a liar . You were right .

I remember you saying they had issues, but I seem to recall you saying it was not a big deal (at least nothing to the extent of wanting him on another team).

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I remember you saying they had issues, but I seem to recall you saying it was not a big deal (at least nothing to the extent of wanting him on another team).
    So, now I wasnt dramatic enough about it? Cant win.

What I said, is what is still true today. They dont have faith in the decision makers because of numerous decisions they disagreed with, including how they handled Zion and the way they communicated with him and his "team" on several occassions. Couple that with poor roster and coaching decisions, and why should they have faith this is the right team for him? What benefit of the doubt have they earned?

That said, it isnt a big deal yet because they have no power and there is still time. Start making the right moves and have success, and I am sure they will be fine with things. Things arent binary or unable to change with new evidence and data. But any sane person would question whether this is the right place for him based on how the last two years have gone

It’s odd how Antonio Daniels, Shamit, and Mason were very defensive of Stan (even though they knew there was trouble going on behind the scenes). Those guys are great for analytical purposes, but their opinions carry as much weight as any poster’s on this site.

Also, tip of the cap to Mac. Humping armpits and calling a spade a spade. Keep it up (well, not the armpit part).

Do you think SVG was DEFINITELY in the wrong? Or is he just not the right fit for these particularly guys?

Because what those guys (and I do too) do sometimes is they fight against this mob mentality that fans have of it ALL being the coaches fault and if we can just swap out this coach for that one, all will be right. When, in reality, you are left with the same players who dont work as hard as they should on D, have general bad IQ and losing habits that will take years to break.

When you are in their position, all you see is the extreme takes and it wears on you, and for some reason you feel the need to balance out the extremes, even though you know deep down inside that you never will because fans are emotional. And emotion is the enemy of logic

It’s odd how Antonio Daniels, Shamit, and Mason were very defensive of Stan (even though they knew there was trouble going on behind the scenes). Those guys are great for analytical purposes, but their opinions carry as much weight as any poster’s on this site.

Also, tip of the cap to Mac. Humping armpits and calling a spade a spade. Keep it up (well, not the armpit part).
    Kushner been money too. It is like Zion is speaking for us.

I have no issue with how one lays out their opinion, or those who accept those opinions as gospel. It’s just odd when the snake oil salesman gets upset people are mocking their product (which they clearly know won’t work) by saying “you know more than an NBA head coach? You don’t think he is a winner?”

To those snake oil salesmen I would just say “don’t pretend the opinions you are sharing are in good faith. You clearly plan to build your brand at any expense to reputation, so don’t pretend like you are any different than the Pelicans takes being spewed by ESPN/MSM.”
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-18-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Coaches do know a lot more than all of us. But financial experts to do, and they make mistakes. Tech wizards do too and they are incorrect, and on and on and on

Regardless of the level of intelligence on a subject, making the wrong decision is bound to happen and a lay person can have less info and reach the more correct conclusion. All of this is possible, and happens probably millions of times a day.

But the fan has the benefit of the hindsight and they also dont have every wrong choice they would have made out there for public consumption, so they can act as if they have a better batting average on decisions.

I just know for the little time I was doing it, you start to tune out all the rational people and for some reason get obsessed with the few people with insane takes and feel the need to battle against them, even though if you were to step back for a minute, you'd realize they are the outliers and you should just let them be nuts and have convos with the middle people more

I have no issue with how one lays out their opinion, or those who accept those opinions as gospel. It’s just odd when the snake oil salesman gets upset people are mocking their product (which they clearly know won’t work) by saying “you know more than an NBA head coach? You don’t think he is a winner?”

To those snake oil salesmen I would just say “don’t pretend the opinions you are sharing are in good faith. You clearly plan to build your brand at any expense to reputation, so don’t pretend like you are any different than the Pelicans takes being spewed by ESPN/MSM.”
    He answers every which way so he can’t possibly be wrong. Notice how he flip flops on opinions constantly then pats himself on the back when something he flip flopped on matches one of his opinions.

Of course coaches know more than us, and they mess up. What’s comical is when coaches are second guessed in the moment, and the snake oil salesman uses “you know more than the coach?” as a defense, when they too know it was a bad decision on the coaches part. Carrying water is cool and all of you are PR, but if you are claiming to be unbiased, but still carrying water for the team then don’t tell us you are any different from Perk/Windhorst/Nichols/etc. you are the same person (this isn’t directed at you MM, but at those whole claim to be some sort of voice for Pels fans).

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He answers every which way so he can’t possibly be wrong. Notice how he flip flops on opinions constantly then pats himself on the back when something he flip flopped on matches one of his opinions.
    Mad that you were wrong about one thing and got called out, now you go the typical teenage route and attack from another angle. Look man, if you are gonna call someone out, be extra sure you are right. Learn the lesson and move on. Dont double down. Also, I dont think you really understand what you are quote tweeting and who UNO is referencing here.

But reading comprehension aint your thing, we learned today.

Of course coaches know more than us, and they mess up. What’s comical is when coaches are second guessed in the moment, and the snake oil salesman uses “you know more than the coach?” as a defense, when they too know it was a bad decision on the coaches part. Carrying water is cool and all of you are PR, but if you are claiming to be unbiased, but still carrying water for the team then don’t tell us you are any different from Perk/Windhorst/Nichols/etc. you are the same person (this isn’t directed at you MM, but at those whole claim to be some sort of voice for Pels fans).
    I know you werent directing it at me (unlike Jarrett Jack over there LMAO) - but I am just sharing my perspective having been in a similar (though smaller) position in the past. You get sucked into these wormholes, and people start attacking everything you say because if they can show they are smarter than Lowe or Windhorst or even Shamit on one thing, then THEY should be the one everyone listens to. And that gets old really quick. So, as a human with emotions, you start finding the idiots and attacking them, which then makes you look arrogant and makes more people want to come at you when you are wrong.

Its a vicious cycle and part of the reason why they go so hard as contrarians. They have no skin in the game. But this cycle happens and you cant get out of it, so you kind of become like the trolls you hate that started the cycle in the first place. Its really weird and hard to explain - I probably didnt do a good job right here of really laying it out

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    My comments aren’t directed at MM. I hold no ill will towards that man (other than the armpit thing…those could be the armpits of a loved one). I have exited the Twitterverse because it is such a snake pit, and the commentary dished out by Pels “voices” were some of the most toxic. If you went against those opinions (nothing tin foil based, more like “this coach is an idiot for x, y, z reasons.” Or “maybe SVG isn’t a winner (when young players were called out for having not won anything)”) you got called out by people with larger platforms. Group think is real, stupid group think is just as real.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-18-2021 at 02:32 PM.

I know you werent directing it at me (unlike Jarrett Jack over there LMAO) - but I am just sharing my perspective having been in a similar (though smaller) position in the past. You get sucked into these wormholes, and people start attacking everything you say because if they can show they are smarter than Lowe or Windhorst or even Shamit on one thing, then THEY should be the one everyone listens to. And that gets old really quick. So, as a human with emotions, you start finding the idiots and attacking them, which then makes you look arrogant and makes more people want to come at you when you are wrong.

Its a vicious cycle and part of the reason why they go so hard as contrarians. They have no skin in the game. But this cycle happens and you cant get out of it, so you kind of become like the trolls you hate that started the cycle in the first place. Its really weird and hard to explain - I probably didnt do a good job right here of really laying it out
    No, you explained it fine, and quite honestly that is one of the reasons I am out on Twitter. I am not looking for followers, if anything I kept my followers/following list small so I wouldn’t see so much trash. But then you question someone’s take and some guy with nothing to add starts in with the “you only have x amount of followers” like that adds to any discussion. I’m not Jim Jones, Muhammad, or Pels Podguy looking for followers. I’m just a dude questioning terrible decisions.

I will miss the awesome fake Stock Twitter accounts (Jerome Powell, John W Rich, etc.) those guys are great.

Thread Information