Pelicans Report

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1195

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Huh!? Out of the comments above, what made you say that?
    People saying camp body and stuff

I like our moves. We will find the diamond in the rough

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    People saying camp body and stuff
    Only 1 person said that, while everyone else seemed genuinely positive. You've got voices in your head ��

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I'm intrigued, but I have to admit that I don't know much about him.

Are you guys sure yall were thinking of Troy Williams last year and not KJ McDaniels? I don't think Troy Williams has ever been on my radar.

Sweet we finally have brought in a small forward to compete. Don’t know much about him. He averaged close to 10 a game I’ll be it in only 6 games with the Rockets in 2017. Looked like he averaged close to 7 a game last year. He’s young and can hopefully challenge Solomon Hill & Darius Miller for minutes at the 3. I was kind of hoping for Nick Young, but someone that can give us likely better defense will be a plus. I wouldn’t mind if we brought in Shabazz Muhammad to camp to challenge those guys as well.

C: AD, Okafor, Ajinca
    PF: Randle, Niko, Diallo
    SF: Hill, Miller, Williams
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Payton, Clark, Jackson

Not a bad roster to start with for sure. I wish we could dump both Okafor & Ajinca and get us a better backup 5. I think Diallo will be the 4th big man off the bench anyway though. Nice roster to start the year with and hopefully make a move for a better 3 mid season...
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-26-2018 at 07:40 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I've never heard of Troy Williams before now.

I keep thinking of Troy Williamson. If I call him a camp body it's because that's all he is to me until I learn more of who the cat is.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Only 1 person said that, while everyone else seemed genuinely positive. You've got voices in your head ��
    There were a few over at Tigerdroppings as well

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I've never heard of Troy Williams before now.

I keep thinking of Troy Williamson. If I call him a camp body it's because that's all he is to me until I learn more of who the cat is.
    Last year he was discussed as a potential as he was cut by Houston. He then signed with the Knicks.

Of the 3 camp bodies he's the better player.

I don't even understand why we would be interested if he isn't a combo guard.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Sweet we finally have brought in a small forward to compete. Don’t know much about him. He averaged close to 10 a game I’ll be it in only 6 games with the Rockets in 2017. Looked like he averaged close to 7 a game last year. He’s young and can hopefully challenge Solomon Hill & Darius Miller for minutes at the 3. I was kind of hoping for Nick Young, but someone that can give us likely better defense will be a plus. I wouldn’t mind if we brought in Shabazz Muhammad to camp to challenge those guys as well.

C: AD, Okafor, Ajinca
    PF: Randle, Niko, Diallo
    SF: Hill, Miller, Williams
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Payton, Clark, Jackson

Not a bad roster to start with for sure. I wish we could dump both Okafor & Ajinca and get us a better backup 5. I think Diallo will be the 4th big man off the bench anyway though. Nice roster to start the year with and hopefully make a move for a better 3 mid season...
    Shooting really will be an issue with that starting line up. Might have to start Niko and play Randle off the bench. Nobody in that starting line up shot over 35% from 3pt range last year Davis being the closest at 34%. Without space it'll make everyone job that much harder.

I feel like the plan is to use Randle as a super sub. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the starting lineup we used was the same one we ended last season with only with Payton in it instead of Rondo.

Then for the 2nd unit something like: Clark, Jackson, Miller, Hill, Randle. That's a fast 2nd unit that also covers up the lack of shooting for Randle. Plus they are just going to run other 2nd units out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I feel like the plan is to use Randle as a super sub. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the starting lineup we used was the same one we ended last season with only with Payton in it instead of Rondo.

Then for the 2nd unit something like: Clark, Jackson, Miller, Hill, Randle. That's a fast 2nd unit that also covers up the lack of shooting for Randle. Plus they are just going to run other 2nd units out of the game.
    THIS is what makes most sense 1st unit hold opposition at bay, second unit pull away. Hill before Moore only against big threes, when needed.

Basketball Guru
    Payton
    Jrue
    Moore
    Niko
    AD

Randall come in and play the 5 while AD and Niko move to PF in small ball line up ....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Yeah. I love our bench and depth. I think it's up there with the best of them. Just OK with the starters. It's good. Not that that is an amazing opinion. I'm sure most of us share that one.

Add one more great starter quality or have someone raise up to a more powerful form and we are in business.

Id have to imagine Randle will start and thats a big part of the reason he agreed to come here.

starters
    Payton
    Jrue
    Moore
    Randle
    Davis

bench
    Niko
    Hill
    Clark
    with Jackson and Diallo working their way in.

I think we still could see some lineups where we just put our best 5 players on the floor at some point with Randle as like a point 3.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 07-27-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't think it matters so much as long as he's getting 30+ min or so a game. You can use him in a variety of ways.

I can see the Pels bringing in another wing. CJ Williams. Just released by the clippers. Has some quality experience and played fairly well when given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Shooting really will be an issue with that starting line up. Might have to start Niko and play Randle off the bench. Nobody in that starting line up shot over 35% from 3pt range last year Davis being the closest at 34%. Without space it'll make everyone job that much harder.
    Yes maybe, but I think that lineup will likely be the opening night starting 5. I’m not saying that will be the starting lineup all year. If it struggles then we will likely see Moore back starting in a 3 guard lineup with AD & Randle. I think Randle will be a lock starting and maybe even more at the 5 than we think. Hopefully Solomon Hill with a full healthy offseason will show us something close to what Dell saw in him to give him that contract. I really want Moore & Niko coming off the bench to rain 3s. That lineup would likely has the chance to be the most successful if it works. I don’t want to see Moore starting with either him or Jrue guarding small forwards.

Would love to see a lineup at some point in the opening game with Jrue, Moore, Niko, Randle, & AD tearing it up on offense and running a zone on defense to see if it works. Haha! Could probably get away with that lineup against the Clippers with Harris & Gallinari at the forward spots.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-27-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    I can see the Pels bringing in another wing. CJ Williams. Just released by the clippers. Has some quality experience and played fairly well when given the opportunity.
    Pass

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Pass
    It's more about his 1.4mil Non guaranteed contract if claimed off waivers. Not so much the player, but competition never hurts. And that contract is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    It's more about his 1.4mil Non guaranteed contract if claimed off waivers. Not so much the player, but competition never hurts. And that contract is a plus.
    Why? Unless he contribute, what does the contract give us?

Randle's jumpshot was looking smooth today

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why? Unless he contribute, what does the contract give us?
    It's a non guaranteed expiring. That's a asset you can use in a future trade. A trade is the only way the Pels get a wing that will move the needle or contribute. The more tradable assets the team can aquire the better off they are. It's 1.4 mil non guaranteed if you cut him before the season you lost nothing. If he earns a spot great and you can package him with other assets to upgrade later. I see no harm in that.

Thread Information