Pelicans Report

Thread: NOLA Not Only Getting Good Player, but Good Character Guy

NOLA Not Only Getting Good Player, but Good Character Guy

Interview with Zion.

And in a video re-shared by the New York Post, Williamson credited an autograph snub by Davis for making him want to sign “every kid’s autograph.” Williamson said: “When I was little, I looked up to high school players, and I would want their autograph. And sometimes I couldn’t get it, and I’d just be hurt. I said when I grew up, I don’t want to be like that. I want to be able to sign every kid’s autograph – no matter how long it takes me … “I try to sign every kid’s autograph because I don’t want to turn a little kid down because I know it’ll hurt them. It hurt me. Anthony Davis, John Wall turned me down, so I try to sign everybody’s.” – via USA Today Sports

This was taken out of context. He actually said he would be hurt IF those guys turned him down for an autograph. He said he actually never met them before in his life. His words unfortunately got twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    This was taken out of context. He actually said he would be hurt IF those guys turned him down for an autograph. He said he actually never met them before in his life. His words unfortunately got twisted.
    It’s almost like they have an agenda or something

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s almost like they have an agenda or something
    I know, right? Almost like they wanna make the star player look bad.....

I posted it NOT to make anyone look bad. Regardless, he wants to be there for fans. That is still something that most players won't or can't do.

I appreciate that. I understand that as you get more and more famous, there comes a point where you literally cannot sign every autograph that you get asked for. You'd leave the arena and spend the next 10 hours signing autographs, and it's just not possible, especially when you have other obligations. But in general, I find that if you're worrying about leaving fans hanging, you're probably already on the right track because it shows that you care about the fans and want to give them your best.
    Basketball.

Thread Information