Pelicans Report

Page 76 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Again, no one on this board has stated to have inside info on a deal going down with the Lakers. If the price I pay for correcting people like you that just makes stuff up to sound right is to be called obnoxious and a tool, I'll take that. It's better than creating fake issues to sound cool.
    “posters apparently have been creeping around GM offices and know exactly what the plans are”

Mate this is an actual post from you about NM and co. You can’t make this up. You are a flip flopper too

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ok. Other than 13-3, there isn't. Sorry.
    Well Davis said it is either NY or LA. Also Mr. Davis hates Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why it got to be this way... We are giving him what he wants with trading him...
    They would like to set the terms of the deal... it is expected as AD has been catered to his entire time in NO.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Well Davis said it is either NY or LA. Also Mr. Davis hates Boston.
    Serious question: do you think that Davis can veto a trade?

Do you actually think that?

Edit: He definitely could end up in LA. I'm not saying that won't happen. It could: they're very interested and could move assets to improve their offer. I'm just saying that acting like Davis' desire to go to LA is what will decide his destination is bonkers
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-11-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

To be fair, you are right he cannot veto it but if his agent speaks to that team it could affect the trade as they will only look at it as a one year deal changing everything. On the other hand if they say hey team we will stay long term that team may look at the value of the trade overall more as long term value.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    They would like to set the terms of the deal... it is expected as AD has been catered to his entire time in NO.
    I think he doesn't want teams to give up too much for him. So, he tries to drive down his value. It's pretty crappy. Why can't we be compensated fairly.

I thought the Kawhi situation was bad, but AD has been... Hold my beer.

I think he doesn't want teams to give up too much for him. So, he tries to drive down his value. It's pretty crappy. Why can't we be compensated fairly.

I don't blame him. He wants to keep all the assets he can but thats not how this goes. You know what they say...if you going to be stupid you better be tough.

Vegas odds -

LA -500
    Knicks +375
    Stay +4000

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

The Kawhi, George, and Irving trades were terrible for the Spurs, Pacers, and Cavs. I just hope we do much better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Vegas odds -

LA -500
    Knicks +375
    Stay +4000
    Are these real? If so, where are you getting these odds? Is that AD's team on opening day? If so, +4000 is an awesome bet.

Why it got to be this way... We are giving him what he wants with trading him...
    He may just be trying to lessen the impact of a trade for him by his new team...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The Kawhi, George, and Irving trades were terrible for the Spurs, Pacers, and Cavs. I just hope we do much better.
    At the time the George deal was panned, but Sabonis/Dipo turned out to be a good haul.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Are these real? If so, where are you getting these odds? Is that AD's team on opening day? If so, +4000 is an awesome bet.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherr...163417088?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    At the time the George deal was panned, but Sabonis/Dipo turned out to be a good haul.
    The Boogie trade worked out fantastic for the Kings.

Pelicans wanting third team in Davis trade is a good thing for Celtics https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pelican...?.tsrc=fauxdal

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Pelicans wanting third team in Davis trade is a good thing for Celtics https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pelican...?.tsrc=fauxdal
    Not sure of their logic. They seem to think that by adding a 3rd team, they would not have to give up as much.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not sure of their logic. They seem to think that by adding a 3rd team, they would not have to give up as much.
    Yeah, kinda weird. They'd still have to give up all their assets, they'd just be going two places instead of one

The Boogie trade worked out fantastic for the Kings.
    Yep.

And AD is better than Boogie, or Paul George.

I feel like we heard this before, but here's the update anyway.

Griffin wants teams to either exchange their assets for better ones, or do a three team deal.

Nothing new, we already heard this from Woj about the Lakers, but here it is about NY.

If we see other teams assets as not much of an improvement over ours it makes sense to ask other teams to cobble together something more valuable to us. It is not just the independent value of the player we get, rosters are capped after all and minutes are limited. How much better are they then the person they would replace and what are the contracts for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Edit: He definitely could end up in LA. I'm not saying that won't happen. It could: they're very interested and could move assets to improve their offer. I'm just saying that acting like Davis' desire to go to LA is what will decide his destination is bonkers
    Jim Jackson vetoed a trade in 2005. The commissioner also has veto powers. See Chris Paul.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1968071

Jim Jackson vetoed a trade in 2005. The commissioner also has veto powers. See Chris Paul.

Big difference between an owner (stern and the NBA were technically the owners of the Pelicans) and a player vetoing a trade. Anthony doesn’t have that authority.

Derek Harper and Derrick Fisher both “vetoed” trades to Utah. Harper deal was cancelled and Fisher was bought out. They both refused to even get on a plane
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Yeah, we all know the commissioner has certain powers. But given that this team HAS an owner (which we didn't when the CP3 thing went down) and Adam Silver is generally content to let teams make their own moves (Kawhi, PG13, for example), we have no good reason to think he would interfere with a trade just because he would personally prefer AD to play somewhere else.

Gonna need more info on the Jim Jackson thing. I wasn't an NBA fan in 2005, his Wikipedia page makes no mention of it, and googling ''Jim Jackson 2005 trade veto'' turns up nothing.

Unless a player has a no trade clause or has the ability (due to signing as a restricted free agent) to veto a trade by the rules, a player cannot simply veto a trade. The commissioner did not veto the CP3 trade, the defacto owner did that.

Thread Information