Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Bol Bol to Miami with pick 44

Hey Bol Bol finally went!! Jeez that’s some number for 9 games!

21.0 point, 9.6 boards, 2.7 blocks, and shot over 50% from 3

Denver got him!! Jokic and Bol Bol!! Jeez

Glad that Bol actually got drafted.

Now we repurpose the energy: why hasn't Jontay Porter been drafted?!
    Basketball.

Miami got the steal of the draft

Griffin in his presser is talking about how he's looking for veterans who fit with need, and who ''vocally drive culture'' for free agency, particularly because of how young we are.

Griff says he didn't try and sell Jrue on the young talent, he sold him on the vision, and Jrue was entirely in on it.

''Everything I've ever done, as an executive, is to build around people like you.'' - Griff about Jrue.

Based on only the last 6 months, Griff is the best GM in the league.

Griff's saying there were offers made for Zion, and that the value of the pick was huge judging by offers made, but he also said that ''none of them were even remotely interesting.''

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And technically he’s not even a GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Based on only the last 6 months, Griff is the best GM in the league.

I mean are we just going to go hard in the paint every play? Wheres the spacing i am told we need to win a ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don’t like our draft outside of Zion. Could’ve gotten more value.

Now I want to see Louis King not get drafted and we pick him up

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I mean are we just going to go hard in the paint every play? Wheres the spacing i am told we need to win a ship?

I mean, Moore can shoot, Walker can shoot, Jackson can shoot, Hart has shown flashes of shooting, Zion improved a lot as a shooter towards the end of college, Wood has shown flashes of shooting, and Griff has made it clear he's looking in Free Agency for fit, so I imagine he has a name or two in mind.

Not like it's Steph Curry or anything but there's shooting promise

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

Its not going to happen overnight. I trust in Griffin's vision and it might take a year or two we should have all the right pieces. As for this season, you never know who we might get until then

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And technically he’s not even a GM.
    ...That is true.

that was an amazing interview let's not forget the tid bit about other things in the works so that was interesting

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I mean, Moore can shoot, Walker can shoot, Jackson can shoot, Hart has shown flashes of shooting, Zion improved a lot as a shooter towards the end of college, Wood has shown flashes of shooting, and Griff has made it clear he's looking in Free Agency for fit, so I imagine he has a name or two in mind.

Not like it's Steph Curry or anything but there's shooting promise
    I was kind of being a serious smart ** but yeah i get it. Just really going to be some shuffling and coaching to be done with our roster as is. I have faith it can work, just kind of a big pot of gumbo not cooked yet and i’m hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The only way I move the 4th pick is...

A. Myles Turner trade
    B. Swap picks with Phoenix + future 1st(We don't need 5 rookies in 1 year)
    Gotta fill that G League team

Jason Calmes: David Griffin says several conversations with other teams going on, but they can not be discussed at this time. Only the first pick can be discussed tonight. 8 mins ago – via Twitter BourbonStShots

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Honestly, I don’t like our draft outside of Zion. Could’ve gotten more value.
    Nickiell Alexander-Walker is Gilgeous Alexander's cousin. Feel better?

Can’t believe we had 3 1st round picks and still need a backup point guard, small forward, and power forward. Unless we plan on rolling with a 6’5” backup 3, Wood at backup 4, and Jrue as our main back up point? Unless we plan on bringing in 3 free agents? Think we bring in a point guard and a power forward for sure.

2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Jason Calmes: David Griffin says several conversations with other teams going on, but they can not be discussed at this time. Only the first pick can be discussed tonight. 8 mins ago – via Twitter BourbonStShots
    So wait. He said no intention of players acquired being moved but several conversations going on. That means he knew a team coveted Hayes or Walker and is trying to get ransom for them right? No?

Last edited by Sleeper; 06-20-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Can’t believe we had 3 1st round picks and still need a backup point guard, small forward, and power forward. Unless we plan on rolling with a 6’5” backup 3, Wood at backup 4, and Jrue as our main back up point? Unless we plan on bringing in 3 free agents? Think we bring in a point guard and a power forward for sure.
    Wood is a solid backup 4. Just saying. Not a negative.

Thread Information