Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Givony: Minnesota, Chicago, Boston are looking to trade to #4 for Garland

Givony: Minnesota, Chicago, Boston are looking to trade to #4 for Garland

We don't want Weedplate Wiggins, MINN. So, sit down.

I doubt Garland is really in serious consideration at 3. If so, that leaves one of the top 3 for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We don't want Weedplate Wiggins, MINN. So, sit down.
    Would likely be something like Covington or Saric plus 11.

Hmmm.... looking at this my thoughts are:

1. Minn: Townes is the only thing I see is needing... that’s not going to happen.

2. Bos: Al is too old. No way we are getting Tatum. Irving... hell no! Morris... no need. Brown... no need. Don’t see how this works.

3. Chicago: this is the only one that makes any sense. Lauri is the only option but I don’t see how they let him go. Plus, I don’t know if the 4th is enough. Maybe this years 4th and a second? Might take more than that.

It hard to imagine trading for more assets at this point as we have more than enough. Would need a player that fills a hole from any of these three of these teams for this to make sense.

I'm praying like hell knocks tale Garland at 3.. we take barrett at 4!

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    I'm praying like hell knocks tale Garland at 3.. we take barrett at 4!
    I’m fine with that!! As long as we don’t trade up to get RJ!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Hmmm.... looking at this my thoughts are:

1. Minn: Townes is the only thing I see is needing... that’s not going to happen.

2. Bos: Al is too old. No way we are getting Tatum. Irving... hell no! Morris... no need. Brown... no need. Don’t see how this works.

3. Chicago: this is the only one that makes any sense. Lauri is the only option but I don’t see how they let him go. Plus, I don’t know if the 4th is enough. Maybe this years 4th and a second? Might take more than that.

It hard to imagine trading for more assets at this point as we have more than enough. Would need a player that fills a hole from any of these three of these teams for this to make sense.
    For Boston, Al, Morris and Irving are free agents, so cannot be traded. Brown and a future pick could be interesting. Chicago is not likely to part with Markannen. Certainly, Minnesota is not parting with Towns. May need to bring the expectations down a bit.

For god’s sake this is going to end up being a 10 team deal

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    For Boston, Al, Morris and Irving are free agents, so cannot be traded. Brown and a future pick could be interesting. Chicago is not likely to part with Markannen. Certainly, Minnesota is not parting with Towns. May need to bring the expectations down a bit.
    I want zero expectations here. I don’t want to trade with Minn or Boston at all.

Lauri is the only person I’d consider transiting for here. I agree tho... I don’t see them letting him go.

Therefore, none of these make sense to me. So I hope no deal is done with any of them.

I would do the 4th plus Hill or Moore for Covington and Okogie from the Wolves

Per bleacher Pels are talking to the Hawks for the #8 and 10 for our #4. Got the update on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Why? I don't think Okogie projects to be any better for the prospects at 4.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

They are both guards. Two guards that are worse than the ones we have now.

HARD PASS!

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Per bleacher Pels are talking to the Hawks for the #8 and 10 for our #4. Got the update on my phone.
    I think I would pass on that too unless I knew who was available at 4 and maybe available the other picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I think I would pass on that too unless I knew who was available at 4 and maybe available the other picks.
    Agreed. I don’t really see the value there. Too many unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Maybe... Hawks to trade to 5th and then trade us with a future 1st.

If Barrett falls to 4 you tell the hawks sorry no trade, if it’s garland at 4 I make that trade all day and get 2 players at 8 and 10 that are just as good as garland

Been saying this for about 2 days now. I think griffin already has a deal in place if the draft goes according to plan. We're not making another BIG trade. We're making a small one then seeing what we can get from FA. If Garland doesnt go before #4 I think we trade for Markkanen for the 4th and a second. Or something similar.

Coby white at 8, sekou or Hayes at 10 over just garland

https://twitter.com/PaulCrane7/statu...683696128?s=20

Hope there's nothing to this.. Jrue could fetch a lot more

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The ONLY way I'd be okay with this, is if it comes out that Jrue Holiday asked for it. He's earned the right to ask out and I wouldn't hold it against him.

Just flipping Jrue at to get TJ Warren and Josh Jackson? Nah. I'm not okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    https://twitter.com/PaulCrane7/statu...683696128?s=20

Hope there's nothing to this.. Jrue could fetch a lot more
    That just sounds wack...

Been saying this for about 2 days now. I think griffin already has a deal in place if the draft goes according to plan. We're not making another BIG trade. We're making a small one then seeing what we can get from FA. If Garland doesnt go before #4 I think we trade for Markkanen for the 4th and a second. Or something similar.
    And you would consider that a small trade?

You're not gonna get Markannen with that. They would want more.

Thread Information