Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 27th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 6-11

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Man that's a tough lost.

I can't understand why we didn't hold for the last shot with like 14 sec left in the game down by 1.
    They turned it over with a Jrue “Happy” Holiday special.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You dont do anything silly until you see what the team looks like healthy. If the Lakers are missing Lebron or AD, plus say Kuzma or Dwight, they definitely arent 15-2 right now and probably lose big tonight.

Not many teams can withstand missing at least two crucial pieces of the team for long stretches like this.
    I give you.... exhibit A

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5B6399B4-6CCF-4253-85BB-0A47ECB3EB6F.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	6504

Some of the advanced stats from tonight for those of us who are interested:

5 Pelicans had a positive net rating tonight: Jah, Jrue, Jax, JJ, and Kenny. Ingram was the starter with the lowest net rating, a -7.1. No bench players had a positive net rating.

Jax only had 1 screen assist tonight, well under his average. In fairness to him, part of that was because of people missing shots off his screens, but he just also was struggling to deal with opposing bigs at times.

Jrue led the team in deflections, with 7. Hart led the team in loose balls recovered. Kenrich led the team in total shots contested. Kenrich also led the team in box outs.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-28-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I give you.... exhibit A

Apparently this wasn’t good enough evidence when they were looking for a coach. I was not thrilled when he was hired by Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    They turned it over with a Jrue “Happy” Holiday special.
    That turnover came later when we where down by 2. Down one with about 14 seconds Ingram tried to attack had the ball knock out of his hands. We kept possession with 11 sec and didn't hold for the last shot.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    That turnover came later when we where down by 2. Down one with about 14 seconds Ingram tried to attack had the ball knock out of his hands. We kept possession with 11 sec and didn't hold for the last shot.
    Yeah I see what you mean and JJ missed that jumper to somewhere in there. My mind is blurred now by the Jrue and AD jersey swap.

Apparently this wasn’t good enough evidence when they were looking for a coach. I was not thrilled when he was hired by Dell.
    Every single day that things aren’t going in the right direction under Gentry is hurting this young core.

If you don’t think the kids know what Gentry’s coaching history is you’d be dead wrong.

The kids know that he’s a terrible coach. They need to rip off the bandaid and move on.

Yeah I see what you mean and JJ missed that jumper to somewhere in there. My mind is blurred now by the Jrue and AD jersey swap.
    I'll repeat from earlier: if JJ had gone straight up with that jumper, KCP would have fouled him on the fly by. He would have had 3 free throws, to take the lead.

Instead, he ducked under KCP, and took the long two and clanked it.

That was when the game truly vanished.

I give you.... exhibit A

That "exhibit" means absolutely nothing since none of those teams are this team.

Yet, when Gentry has had top players not be injured and play, he's won.

Every single day that things aren’t going in the right direction under Gentry is hurting this young core.

If you don’t think the kids know what Gentry’s coaching history is you’d be dead wrong.

The kids know that he’s a terrible coach. They need to rip off the bandaid and move on.
    They definitely know. They like him as a person, but know his coaching won’t get them anywhere.

Well I guess it’s a good thing for Gentry most of these guys have never had good coaching in their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'll repeat from earlier: if JJ had gone straight up with that jumper, KCP would have fouled him on the fly by. He would have had 3 free throws, to take the lead.

Yeah and his reaction annoyed the hell out of me. Smirking and all not realizing what it means to the fans for them to win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Well I guess it’s a good thing for Gentry most of these guys have never had good coaching in their careers.
    It’s so true. Only JJ and Favors really have been winners consistently

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That "exhibit" means absolutely nothing since none of those teams are this team.

Yet, when Gentry has had top players not be injured and play, he's won.
    So you’re just going to throw out historical sats. Ok then.

He’s had one good season. Ever. Which amounted to a second round loss in the playoffs.....

Kenrich the goat.

I’m still mad Gentry didn’t put Kenrich in the game in the 4th quarter until it s less than 4 minutes left in the game when we were down 104-98. I want to hear Gentry’s explanation on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I’m still mad Gentry didn’t put Kenrich in the game in the 4th quarter until it s less than 4 minutes left in the game when we were down 104-98. I want to hear Gentry’s explanation on that one.
    His explanation is that he's a dingus.

Gentry isn't the guy but the officiating was atrocious and obviously biased. Of Course it always is for Lebron and other stars in the NBA.

Ingram was fouled by AD and Lebron on that drive.

The team continues to struggle to close out quarters.

This loss was disappointing but we are not fully healthy.

I like our chances when Zion gets back and hopefully Favors can stay healthy going forward.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    **** the Lakers.

Jrue Holiday now averaging: 19.3 points, 7.3 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 2 steals, on 43.7%FG, 34.5% from 3

Brandon Ingram now averaging: 25.8 points, 4 assists, 7.3 rebounds, 1blk, on 48.1%FG, 42.3% from 3

So you can see that Jrue's averages are creeping closer and closer to where we expect them after that terrible start, which is nice.

6-12...

Close to top 5 worst start.

I've seen enough of Gentry. Can't wait to promote him to FO and away from coaching.

Looks like old crooked teeth needed to play the perfect game to win. When are they gonna get this guy some help?

Faking a guy out can't be condemned. But he should have re adjusted for a three which is his bread and butter

Jrue Holiday now averaging: 19.3 points, 7.3 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 2 steals, on 43.7%FG, 34.5% from 3

Brandon Ingram now averaging: 25.8 points, 4 assists, 7.3 rebounds, 1blk, on 48.1%FG, 42.3% from 3

So you can see that Jrue's averages are creeping closer and closer to where we expect them after that terrible start, which is nice.
    Regression to the mean isn't a fallacy...

Did he get a tribute video?

Thread Information