Pelicans Report

Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Then you rounded down whole numbers....sometimes random whole numbers. Haha.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Then you rounded down whole numbers....by fours. Haha.
    No I didn't. Stop making things up. It just makes you look ridiculous.

When I said Ball shot 41% from the FT line, that was because last season, he attempted 48 free throws and made 20 of them. Not sure if I need to explain to you how to work percentages out, but 20/48 is 41.6%. No rounding ''whole numbers by fours'', no error bars, no margin for error, no rough figures. Just simple division.
    Basketball.

I want to complain about other people not wanting to discuss other players than the Lakers players' weaknesses....

Instead of just discussing other team's players' weaknesses.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I want to complain about other people not wanting to discuss other players than the Lakers players' weaknesses....

Instead of just discussing other team's players' weaknesses.

Makes sense.
    Don't even bother. If you point out that Tatum is a 38% three point shooter, you'll just get told that you're rounding up whole numbers by fours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Serious, legit question.

Ball: 31% three point shooter, 41% FT shooter.
    Jrue: 32% three point shooter, 77% FT shooter.
    Ingram: 32% three point shooter, 60% FT shooter.
    Williamson: 34% three point shooter, 60% FT shooter.
    Okafor: 20% three point shooter, 66% FT shooter.

Where is the spacing? Where's the FT shooting? What's your finishing 5? Literally nobody in that starting 5 is even league average from three, and 4 of the 5 are sub 70% FT shooters.

You can't roll out a starting 5 where Zion Williamson is your best three point sniper.
    Just so you know we’re probably going to have to do some more work this roster isn’t beating the Warriors next year we’ll have a good going team we just need some pieces to put around them and let them grow . How about we look at it like this is a work in progress instead of why they’re going to fail when the process is at the beginning stages .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Just so you know we’re probably going to have to do some more work this roster isn’t beating the Warriors next year we’ll have a good going team we just need some pieces to put around them and let them grow . How about we look at it like this is a work in progress instead of why they’re going to fail when the process is at the beginning stages .

Like I said in my follow up post, I'm not just thinking about whether the players can shoot now.

Lonzo's shot is broken, at a fundamental base level. He's not going to get better unless he changes his shot form.

FT shooting generally stays pretty stable throughout a career, and is a good indicator of three point shooting potential. Not many people are Bruce Bowen. Ingram and Ball both have very discouraging FT shooting stats. Now, I'm not saying they can't improve, or that they won't ever improve. I'm saying that they aren't showing great signs of potential right now, and that it's silly to trade your top 5 star for players who might be good in a couple of years, IF they completely reshape their game.

You should be trading for ability, and for potential. Not for the wishful thinking that comes with hoping someone might be able to entirely re-learn how to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

The only way that I see to fix this work in progress is scraping 3/4 of the trade. If We get Garland, Beal, or Tatum. I be happy. If we get 2 of the 3. It would outdo my expectations.

It's not that one is a bad rebounder, or we don't have a defensive ace in the possible roster. It's that we would have to bench , trade or cut at least a couple of them to have any spacing. At that point why are we trading for them instead of something else. There are only so many people who are good in the paint only you can play at a time. Teams need synergy as well as talent. Although it is not as bad as trading for 5 centers it is a distant cousin of that problem. You are getting a bunch of slashers and cutters with no space to slash or cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    It's not that one is a bad rebounder, or we don't have a defensive ace in the possible roster. It's that we would have to bench , trade or cut at least a couple of them to have any spacing. At that point why are we trading for them instead of something else. There are only so many people who are good in the paint only you can play at a time. Teams need synergy as well as talent. Although it is not as bad as trading for 5 centers it is a distant cousin of that problem. You are getting a bunch of slashers and cutters with no space to slash or cut.
    BINGO.

If we take the Laker trade. I would immediately flip Lonzo and Ingram. If we can get Atlanta's 8th or 10th pick. I'd be ecstatic.

Kuz/Hart, 4th, 8/10th... I would be happy with that.

Windhorst: Pelicans Prefer to Trade Anthony Davis to Celtics over Lakers

"I think it's a good sign that David Griffin is shopping the No. 4 pick. That at least means he's open to a deal with the Lakers. But I think all of this is a maneuver to draw as much as he possibly can out of the Celtics. They've preferred to deal with the Celtics since Dell Demps was the general manager. The Lakers' offers haven't changed that much. They have a higher pick, but they don't really have different players to offer. If he really wanted to make the Lakers deal, and he really wanted the draft pick, he would've already made the Lakers deal."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cs-over-lakers
    Last edited by Gant-; 06-13-2019 at 05:31 PM.

MM keeps insisting that if we trade with the Celtics we will not get Tatum, Smart, Williams, #14 and 2020 Memphis pick. He is saying that the Celtics are not going to give up that much.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    MM keeps insisting that if we trade with the Celtics we will not get Tatum, Smart, Williams, #14 and 2020 Memphis pick. He is saying that the Celtics are not going to give up that much.
    What did they so... Danny never lose trades and never get fleeced. Hell, they gave up very little for the Kyrie trade.

Steve Bulpett has updated the Kyrie situation and now says he's probably Brooklyn bound.

Is Kyrie Irving already gone? Sources say he’s preparing to join the Nets

It has seemed from Danny Ainge’s comments last week and the general front office vibe that the Celtics have been very careful to leave a burning candle on the window sill for Kyrie Irving. But that light may be flickering — if, in fact, it hasn’t already been extinguished.

According to a source with ties to Roc Nation, the organization expected to become Irving’s new representative, the All-Star point guard is prepared to sign with the Brooklyn Nets when he becomes a free agent next month. A separate league source told the Herald that his team (not the Celtics) has received the same information and is operating under the belief that Irving wants to join the Nets.

Word is that the Celtics, meanwhile, had not been given any definitive indication from Irving as of Thursday afternoon.

To be fair to the situation, any story involving Irving needs to contain a disclaimer. While the two sources cited in the second paragraph are to be trusted, most anything involving Irving should be seen as a fluid matter. Nothing can be truly settled until a contract is signed, and that cannot take place until the NBA moratorium ends on July 6 at noon Eastern Time. And, as Celtic followers have come to know, Irving remains eminently capable of changing his mind.
    This could impact an AD trade, although it's been reported that Boston is going after Davis regardless.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/06...join-the-nets/
    Last edited by Gant-; 06-13-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Probably drops Boston's top offer. They could probably still put together the best deal, but there's absolutely no chance of getting both Tatum and Brown if they think Kyrie is a 100% loss.

...we get to go McDonalds
    If the Celtics are bidding, then it's pretty clear they're looking to keep a team around AD, and arguing to Griff that they can't do more than what's on the table because, for AD to stay, he needs to be part of a contending team.

If the Lakers are bidding and holding out Kuzma, it's because they're looking to keep cap space for another player, and arguing to Griff that they need the cheap asset, and he's not required, given we have Zion at roughly the same position.

If the Pelicans aren't f'n around, they'll finish a deal this weekend because if they land at 4 or 14, they need to interview and perhaps even have them in for workouts quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Steve Bulpett has updated the Kyrie situation and now says he's probably Brooklyn bound.
    Maybe I'm alone on this one but when Kyrie signed with rock I figured he'd be on his way to brooklyn. No surprise for me if that's where he goes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Maybe I'm alone on this one but when Kyrie signed with rock I figured he'd be on his way to brooklyn. No surprise for me if that's where he goes.
    That MF'er was ALWAYS going to leave Boston. The question was only whether it would be for Knicks, Nets, or Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Yes, it makes a lot of sense. I also wouldn’t be at all surprised to see KD find his way to Brooklyn either this year or next.

Well if Kuzma is truly off the table and the Lakers think we giving up AD for Ingram, Ball, & the 4th pick then they are nuts. Now if they had the number 3 pick then I would look at it really hard. I was really high on De’Andre Hunter, but now after some research I got RJ Barrett well above him. I think Hunter can and will be a great 2 way player, but Barrett has a chance to be special like some of the great scoring wings this game has seen.

I rather get Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, #3 pick(RJ Barrett), both their 2021 picks, and possibly the Mavs 2023 pick over Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and the 4th pick.

It’s stinks, but I think it could be better than Boston cause I’m not sold on Jayson Tatum as a potential star. I think RJ Barrett will be a better player. Plus I like getting a starting center which we wouldn’t get with Boston unless we draft one with that 14th or 20th pick. I really like having 3 2021 first round picks in a draft that looks to be the best in years. I kind of like Dennis Smith Jr cause he’s still young and can get you 15 points & 5 assists per game. I just wish he could shoot it better from deep. I would hope Kevin Knox improves enough to possibly get you something in return at the deadline. The kid has some serious athleticism and is still very young.

Brooklyn would be the best move if we can get DLo, LeVert, Allen, & hopefully a pick. They could play the other 3 spots in our starting lineup for sure and at a high level unlike anything from the other 3 teams. But if it’s between the Lakers and Knicks I think I take the Knicks and tell LeBron to F OFF!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Well if Kuzma is truly off the table and the Lakers think we giving up AD for Ingram, Ball, & the 4th pick then they are nuts. Now if they had the number 3 pick then I would look at it really hard. I was really high on De’Andre Hunter, but now after some research I got RJ Barrett well above him. I think Hunter can and will be a great 2 way player, but Barrett has a chance to be special like some of the great scoring wings this game has seen.

I rather get Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, #3 pick(RJ Barrett), both their 2021 picks, and possibly the Mavs 2023 pick over Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and the 4th pick.

It’s stinks, but I think it could be better than Boston cause I’m not sold on Jayson Tatum as a potential star. I think RJ Barrett will be a better player. Plus I like getting a starting center which we wouldn’t get with Boston unless we draft one with that 14th or 20th pick. I really like having 3 2021 first round picks in a draft that looks to be the best in years. I kind of like Dennis Smith Jr cause he’s still young and can get you 15 points & 5 assists per game. I just wish he could shoot it better from deep. I would hope Kevin Knox improves enough to possibly get you something in return at the deadline. The kid has some serious athleticism and is still very young.

Brooklyn would be the best move if we can get DLo, LeVert, Allen, & hopefully a pick. They could play the other 3 spots in our starting lineup for sure and at a high level unlike anything from the other 3 teams. But if it’s between the Lakers and Knicks I think I take the Knicks and tell LeBron to F OFF!!
    I too like the Knicks trade better because of the pics which may be very nice in 2021.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Miami gets AD/Solo
    Pels get Bam/Winslow/Dragic/Richards/13

Could possibly grab Sekou at 13.

Pels start:

Jrue
    Richardson
    Winslow
    Zion
    Bam

But finish games with Dragic in for Bam.

Do we even have other trade suiters?

Can this take wings?

BOSTON OUT- to MEMPHIS hayward and picks nbr 20 and 22 this year, PLUS return MEM'S 2020 PICK, to PELS smart, ojeleye, williams, tatum and pick nbr 14
    BOSTON IN- from mem CONLEY
    BOSTON IN- from nola AD

MEM OUT- to bos CONLEY to NOLA pick nbr 2
    MEM IN-from bos hayward and picks nbr 20 and 22 this year, PLUS return MEM'S 2020 PICK
    MEM IN-from NOLA picks 39 and 57

NOLA OUT- to bos AD
    NOLA IN: Memphis's pick 2, boston nbr 14, BOSTON PLAYERS shown

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, it's not the best package I've seen, or even probably top 4, but Markkanen is a clearly superior prospect to Ingram and Kuzma, so at least in this deal we wouldn't be asked to accept Ingram as the best thing we get in return for AD.
    I should clarify: I think it's the best reasonable package . I like Boston asset's better but I dont think that's gonna happen. It's better than the knicks package. I dont think there's any way were getting Beal, nor do I really want that massive contract hes gonna command.

Lauri is a great fit next to Zion, a sharp shooter that can play the 5. Stay on the perimeter and keep the paint open for Zion. Maybe get lucky and draft Garland at 7. That's some serious spacing. Also hart is a good 3pt shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Do we even have other trade suiters?
    Who knows? There really aren’t any leaks coming out of New Orleans, except maybe in response to the Lakers’ leaks. Any of the rest of the noise is coming out of the camps of the free agents.

Thread Information