Pelicans Report

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Thunder got a slightly better trade for PG13 than the Pels got for AD.
    Not really. PG is under contract for multiple years, and since securing PG meant getting Kawhi, the haul the Thunder got was essentially trading for PG13 and Kawhi Leonard. When you consider that it's all Clippers picks, which are likely to be very late first rounders, and Miami picks which aren't likely to be lottery either, plus only one young prospect (SGA) instead of the three we got, there's a good argument that we got the better deal.
    Basketball.

The Thunder got a slightly better trade for PG13 than the Pels got for AD, but to be fair, more than what the Thunder got back, it’s about the freedom they are getting by getting rid of PG13. That Thunder team had peaked, and wasn’t going to get better. By getting off PG13 and getting SGA they are getting a great piece to build with. By getting Galo they are getting a near AS player on an expiring (a guy who many of us wanted here if the Clipps went for the salary dump). They also got a ton of draft picks to go along with future cap space. It’s a nice haul.

Where we can come out ahead is if the Lakers absolutely suck it up the years we get their draft picks. Given the players I would have preferred what OKC got over Ball, Ingram, and Hart.
    I think out of the gate, you are right...the George Deal yielded more than the Davis Deal. However...….

...until we see what those draft picks end up being for each team, and...
    …how the players acquired mature (I will say there is a higher ceiling for the New Orleans acquisitions), and...
    ...what the effect of the swaps might be...

...it is impossible to compare the two trades.

The Thunder got a slightly better trade for PG13 than the Pels got for AD, but to be fair, more than what the Thunder got back, it’s about the freedom they are getting by getting rid of PG13. That Thunder team had peaked, and wasn’t going to get better. By getting off PG13 and getting SGA they are getting a great piece to build with. By getting Galo they are getting a near AS player on an expiring (a guy who many of us wanted here if the Clipps went for the salary dump). They also got a ton of draft picks to go along with future cap space. It’s a nice haul.

Where we can come out ahead is if the Lakers absolutely suck it up the years we get their draft picks. Given the players I would have preferred what OKC got over Ball, Ingram, and Hart.
    You forget to take in account of Rich Paul deliberately sabotaging the trade and tanking the value of AD on his last year of his contract.

We were lucky that we got the Laker to bid against themselves as much as they did..

Per NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, the draft rights to De’Andre Hunter, two first round picks, a first-round pick swap right and cash. As part of the trade, the Lakers also sent Isaac Bonga, Jemerrio Jones, Moritz Wagner and a future second round draft pick to the Wizards, who in return, sent cash consideration to the Pelicans. – via NBA.com

2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Per NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, the draft rights to De’Andre Hunter, two first round picks, a first-round pick swap right and cash. As part of the trade, the Lakers also sent Isaac Bonga, Jemerrio Jones, Moritz Wagner and a future second round draft pick to the Wizards, who in return, sent cash consideration to the Pelicans. – via NBA.com
    De’Andre Hunter? Whattt?

Oh and we are trading him to Hawks. My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    It’s finally official. New start

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Cousins deal was 1 year, $3.5 million?!?! That’s insane!! I wish we would of signed him for the $7 million a year we gave Miller.

C: Cousins, Favors/Okafor, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Favors/Hayes, Melli
    SF: Ingram, Hart,
    SG: Redick, Moore, NAW
    PG: Jrue, Lonzo, Jackson
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-06-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Cousins deal was 1 year, $3.5 million?!?! That’s insane!! I wish we would of signed him for the $7 million a year we gave Miller.

First, he would not have come here. Secondly. would you really want that tool in the locker room with our young players? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    First, he would not have come here. Secondly. would you really want that tool in the locker room with our young players? Really?
    Then puts Cousins in front of Favors.

The stuff that gets posted on this board is absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    De’Andre Hunter? Whattt?

Oh and we are trading him to Hawks. My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because we then send Hunter to the Hawks for NAW and Hayes. Took me a minute to piece that together. This trade schedule is just stupid.

Edit: my reading and comprehension skills are down today. I banged knees with another guy while showing off my new New Balance shoes to the other dads at the park. That's what it is.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 07-06-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

We literally couldn't sign him with the money Miller got. Miller's deal was signed using his birds Rights.to go over the cap.

Josh Hart: Official a Pelican! Let’s dance! 35 mins ago – via Twitter joshhart

“Anthony’s impact upon the Pelicans’ franchise and our region over the past seven seasons has been profound,” said Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “We are mindful and appreciative of his contributions. We are similarly appreciative of the opportunity we have as we move into the next phase of Pelicans basketball. The tremendous additions to our family that we announce here today represent the selflessness, competitive desire, and off-court character we intend build around.” – via NBA.com

Oh dayum.

That's some serious passive aggressive shade. And I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Well it didn’t seem to work out so good joining a super team this past year. He should be more worried about having a great season to get a good contract next offseason. Would coming to a team like the Pelicans be better than joining two super stars with one that actually plays your position.

I think he would be great for Zion, Hayes, Okafor, Melli, & Wood. I think he gets a bad reputation, but it has nothing to do with the way he treats his teammates. Its more referees & coaches, but he played well under Gentry who let him shoot the 3. They would get to learn from Boogie & Favors, two different style of veteran bigs

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Then puts Cousins in front of Favors.

The stuff that gets posted on this board is absolutely insane.
    Yes for the floor spacing Boogie & JJ would give Zion in that starting lineup. Favors could back up both Boogie & Zion, and hopefully come back next year on a good deal since he came off our bench & started a good bit of games for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We literally couldn't sign him with the money Miller got. Miller's deal was signed using his birds Rights.to go over the cap.
    Oh gotcha, well if we could gotten him for $4-$5 a season?? We could of maybe waited on Melli.

I know I may be crazy, but I just think adding Cousins would of made this current Pels team an actual contender this year. Plus he wouldn’t of went to the Lakers LOL ��
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-07-2019 at 12:04 AM.

I know I may be crazy, but I just think adding Cousins would of made this current Pels team an actual contender this year. Plus he wouldn’t of went to the Lakers LOL ��
    You should be glad he went to the Lakers. Every single statistic from when they were both Pelicans shows that a team which plays Rondo and Cousins at the same time is hot trash garbage. We were good that year with either one on the court, but with both, we sucked. HARD.

And that was before Cousins' injury, and when Rondo was two years younger. You should be glad they're both on the Lakers because it makes them much more likely to be awful.

If there is one thing Griffin has emphasized it’s building team culture. Cousins is a culture killer. For all his offensive talent, I don’t want him anywhere near this young roster. He’s also slow as molasses and doesn’t get back on defense worth a damn. Not a good fit for how the Pels want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I think out of the gate, you are right...the George Deal yielded more than the Davis Deal. However...….

...until we see what those draft picks end up being for each team, and...
    …how the players acquired mature (I will say there is a higher ceiling for the New Orleans acquisitions), and...
    ...what the effect of the swaps might be...

...it is impossible to compare the two trades.
    I almost prefer the Clippers trade, but that's more due to how SGA looks through this point compared to Ingram and Lonzo. That being said, I don't think it's better at all.

In total, the Thunder got 5 first round picks. Two from Miami that will both likely be mid first rounders and three from the Clippers. The latest one might be a high pick but the rest will likely be late picks.

Pelicans got 4 first round picks, potentially 5 if Cleveland lands outside the top ten next year (Kevin Love please stay healthy all year). The way those picks are structured also gives the Pelicans better opportunity for a high pick... bottom 22 protected in 2021 and a right to defer in 2024. Clippers are also a much better run franchise right now and have a younger and deeper roster. They're more likely to be good in 5 years compared to the Lakers in my opinion.

Pelicans also got off the Hill contract in this trade that allowed them to sign Redick. So in the end, I think the only way you can consider the Thunder trade better aside from the Lakers being title contenders with the Clippers being garbage a couple years from now, is if you evaluate SGA as a D Wade type player while Lonzo is seen as Michael Carter Williams and Ingram is seen as Wiggins.

PG has 3 years left on his contract, right?

AD has 1.

We sent out 1/3 the product that OKC did. Comparing the deals is odd.....since it is apples and oranges....but if you ARE going to compare the deals, it seems like you have to go with some simple arithmetic and divide the PG deal by 3 to compensate for the length of contract.

Griffin bent LA over a barrel.

Adding PG13 was the only way the Clippers were getting Kawhi and possibly keeping him from joining their in-building rivals(cross town, but they share the same arena for crying out loud). The Clippers were essentially trading for both Kawhi & PG13, so yes they did end up giving more to get PG13 than we got for AD. But our picks could end up being better due to the fact that the Lakers organization is no where near the Clippers in terms of stability, success, & leadership at the moment. The Clippers look like the favorites to come out the west right now IMO. If the Lakers start off slow next season, who knows what could happen there with a bunch of ex-head coaches & a joke of a front office. LeBron & AD don’t have a Pat Riley in the building like LeBron & DWade had when they started off slow in Miami to help keep the boat from sinking.

I think the players both teams got are very close. SGA has the better contract with longer years, but Ball has some potential from the point guard position as well. I’ll take Ingram over Gallinari all day. Josh Hart will end up being a leader on this team as well as a great all around role player. So yes I would rather SGA over Ball, but not Gallinari over Ingram. Hart just tips the scale a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    PG has 3 years left on his contract, right?

AD has 1.

We sent out 1/3 the product that OKC did. Comparing the deals is odd.....since it is apples and oranges....but if you ARE going to compare the deals, it seems like you have to go with some simple arithmetic and divide the PG deal by 3 to compensate for the length of contract.

Griffin bent LA over a barrel.

Did he sign his extension with Lakers yet ? Having second thoughts now?

LOL

Side note; McGee and KCP both have player options in their second years, which triggers another clause in the CBA: neither can be traded this year.

Players who sign two year deals with player options essentially get a No Trade Clause in their first year.

That means LA can't even try to move them later if they see an avenue to improve.

Thread Information