Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2021

90% sure Didi is taller

Love to see threes hitting early from Murphy
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Sengun had more defensive plays in game 1 than Kanter has had in his whole career.

I think you are way off with your assessment of how he defends, but we'll see
    Like I said, I don't think they're a 1-to-1 comparison. But he's an offensive first big who's a little shorter, more of a shooting prospect, but who won't stand up as a high end defensive anchor on a good team and therefore will often by driven to come off the bench for teams which do have such a character. That doesn't mean he's identical to Kanter. Just general vibes for an archetype.

All 4 of these guys need real minutes in NBA games this season. Id say in order of readiness to contribute, its Kira, Naji, Didi, and then Trey. I don't really care what the stats say at the end of the day, but the eye test tells me at least Kira and Naji need to be in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Like I said, I don't think they're a 1-to-1 comparison. But he's an offensive first big who's a little shorter, more of a shooting prospect, but who won't stand up as a high end defensive anchor on a good team and therefore will often by driven to come off the bench for teams which do have such a character. That doesn't mean he's identical to Kanter. Just general vibes for an archetype.
    I was stunned with Senguns defensive activity, knowing that it was the big knock on his game

I've been super high on him all along

I was stunned with Senguns defensive activity, knowing that it was the big knock on his game

I've been super high on him all along
    I mean, it's SL. Of course he had a few good defensive plays, but it's not like he's playing against high end offenses right now, or being targeted optimally. His most impressive defense came from basically just outweighing Mobley by a lot, which is cool but it doesn't really show technique or feel.

AP sucks
    Kira unforunately is still the same player
    Murphy's 3 and D looks as billed

Can already tell Herb is going to be a fan favorite. Maximum defensive effort and looks comfortable putting it on the floor. If he can shoot 40% from the corner one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    AP sucks
    Kira unforunately is still the same player
    Murphy's 3 and D looks as billed
    I don't understand the Kira hate at all

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I don't understand the Kira hate at all
    It's weird. I get being frustrated with his scoring issues, he is extremely inconsistent and misses a lot of shots that look like gimmes, but literally everything else he does is good. Passes well, works hard on defense, tilts the opposing defenses, makes good reads and smart decisions. Weird.

It's weird. I get being frustrated with his scoring issues, he is extremely inconsistent and misses a lot of shots that look like gimmes, but literally everything else he does is good. Passes well, works hard on defense, tilts the opposing defenses, makes good reads and smart decisions. Weird.
    He also may be the smartest cutter on the team

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He also may be the smartest cutter on the team
    I think Terry Rozier is a really great comp for him. As long as he continues to add strength, the finishing will improve.

I've never seen Kira as a pure pass first, slice the defence apart guy

41 has no IQ ..got the rebound and could have took the last shot..but takes a retarded shot with 7 seconds left..

this would be great if he were a wing. He does the little things well. but being a thin small guard you've gotta put some pressure on the rim in switch or P&R situations if you want to be more than a 12th man.

I've never seen Kira as a pure pass first, slice the defence apart guy
    He's not a pure pass-first guy - though his driving and advantage creation was one of his biggest features coming into the draft - and of course you want to see the shot making start to come together at some point. But he's played fewer than 1000 NBA minutes so I think that some of the negativity is a bit early considering that we know he needs to add some core strength and such.

And his IQ is pretty impressive in interviews.

this would be great if he were a wing. He does the little things well. but being a thin small guard you've gotta put some pressure on the rim in switch or P&R situations if you want to be more than a 12th man.
    To repeat myself:

of course you want to see the shot making start to come together at some point. But he's played fewer than 1000 NBA minutes so I think that some of the negativity is a bit early considering that we know he needs to add some core strength and such.

To repeat myself:
    And those minutes Kira got weren't healthy minutes. Very sporadic and choatic.

He was consistently a leader in drives for the Pels when he got consistent minutes. Finishing ability is often times the last thing that materializes for players, just ask Dame. Also, don't fall trap to confirmation bias after one quarter of Summer League. Look at movement and feel over stats

Didi looks really good...

Didis playmaking looking really good

And the steal. Wow

And Naji

Didi is the real deal

AP iss horrible

Thread Information