Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ingram signs

Ingram signs

Brandon Ingram has reportedly agreed to a five-year, $158 million max deal with the Pelicans.
    Ingram was always expected to re-up with the Pelicans, and it'll be interesting to see how he's utilized in Stan Van Gundy's system after breaking out with career-best numbers under Alvin Gentry last year.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    Nov 24, 2020, 2:2
    Last edited by redrum; 11-24-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Come on man fantasy basketball analysis with this??

Basketball Guru
    Brandon Ingram contract in New Orleans:

2020-21 $27,285,000
    2021-22 $29,467,800
    2022-23 $31,650,600
    2023-24 $33,833,400
    2024-25 $36,016,200

I just copy and pasted, wanted to include Woj name for legitimacy. Fixed the presentation just for you luckyman.

As expected. Pels didn't really have any other option.
    Basketball.

Good. Thats finally done and well deserved.

Now as a matter of fact, teams work better when there is an established hierarchy. The offense still needs to begin with BI. He's the older, more skilled, and now highest paid member of the team.

If this were football he should be the one to wear the captain's patch. Let Zion continue to work on his game without the pressure.

good. pels need to build this team around him and zion.

Is the 5th year a PO?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is the 5th year a PO?
    No word yet

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    “As expected Pels didn’t have any other option”

LMAO!! You just give any slight you possibly can. He earned every penny of that contract because he would have gotten the same from about 29 other teams had they had the cap space. I’ll let his accomplishments speak for them self all while having no summer to even train.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    good. pels need to build this team around him and zion.
    Yea I can’t wait to see these 2 play off each other once they figure it all out. They have the ability to be near impossible to stop. If we can put some real talent around Ingram and Zion then we have what it takes to be a championship team.

Nice.

And training camp starts in one week. Less than a month until the season opener. Wow.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

NICE

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    And they say he can get better.

He can definitely get better

I want to see Ingram get better defensively. He has the length to be a Paul George-esqe two way player.

“What I want to do this offseason is just to continue to build strength, continue to get stronger in my upper body and lower body,” Ingram said. “I also want to improve defensively and offensively, how I can score on all levels and how I can be a two-way player.”
    https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...b3c45e720.html

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I want to see Ingram get better defensively. He has the length to be a Paul George-esqe two way player.
    Length isn't everything. While I do think Ingram has room to improve defensively, the reality is that body-construction does matter in this way. Ingram will probably never be a super mobile wing defender like a Paul George, because he has very high hips and long legs, which means he has serious difficulty both with turning radius and navigating screens. That's not something anyone can change.

For him, the better direction to go (rather than trying to be an on-ball stopper like a prime PG13) would probably be to work on him as a helper, digging and stunting off ball, which maximises the value of his length without putting him in foot-speed positions.

Really glad to see my favorite player sign up for the long haul. He made watching the Pels fun last season. He also makes that AD trade look better and better.

He doesnt have the quickness or athleticism of PG13. I see no reason why he can't play a Jerami Grant style role though of basically helping weakside, using his insane wingspan to block shots and clog passing lanes. I think SVG will help a ton with BI in just making sure he's drilled positionally. This team was so confused defensively for most of the season, specifically in the bubble when Bzdelik wasn't there. SVG will have these guys ready to roll, even if they're not the most defensively gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He doesnt have the quickness or athleticism of PG13. I see no reason why he can't play a Jerami Grant style role though of basically helping weakside, using his insane wingspan to block shots and clog passing lanes. I think SVG will help a ton with BI in just making sure he's drilled positionally. This team was so confused defensively for most of the season, specifically in the bubble when Bzdelik wasn't there. SVG will have these guys ready to roll, even if they're not the most defensively gifted.
    That's pretty much what I mean. Avoid all the ideas that you've heard about him being PG13 whatever: think of him more off-ball, using his length to be a nuisance on help and as a secondary defender. On-ball, he's always going to have problems: I hate to make the Durant comparison because they are different players, but even a few years ago when people were saying Durant should have been DPOY (which was nonsense, he shouldn't have) and he was at his defensive best, he got regularly put in trouble by guards on-ball. It's just not what he should have been doing.

Ingram is the same.

Any info yet on options? Would be big for Pels to get a straight 5 year.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Can you give me an example that he doesn't have the quickness or athleticism of PG-13? For most guys they don't need to shake BI right now. They just turn their backs to him and bully their way to an easy layup because he is still too thin. Cant do that to PG.

But I've never anyone just blow by BI like he's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Can you give me an example that he doesn't have the quickness or athleticism of PG-13? For most guys they don't need to shake BI right now. They just turn their backs to him and bully their way to an easy layup because he is still too thin. Cant do that to PG.

But I've never anyone just blow by BI like he's not there.
    Watch BI attempt to navigate a good screen and allow your soul to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Predictable.

Thread Information