Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

PJ Tucker locking down AD like he's Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Imagine that 19 year old rookie Zion was roasting this same PJ Tucker...looking like an all world defender tonight...
    Ehhhh...

Playoff defense is a whole different thing than regular season defense. I'd think Zion would struggle. Playoff is baptism by fire. For every AD playoff 30 ppg in his 1st playoff run... There is like 9 players getting the playoff baptism.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ehhhh...

Playoff defense is a whole different thing than regular season defense. I'd think Zion would struggle. Playoff is baptism by fire. For every AD playoff 30 ppg in his 1st playoff run... There is like 9 players getting the playoff baptism.
    Playoff defense differs in scheming. Meaning you'd likely see Houston double Zion more.

That doesn't negate the fact that Zion ate PJ's lunch one-on-one and would do it again without a double team.

Raptors defense has dug in... We got a series now.

Outcomes of this postseason and what they would mean to me:

Bucks championship: Cool to see Giannis win one, a testament to his greatness that the Bucks overcame Bud's massive coaching blunders. Coming back down 0-3 is incredible.
    Heat Championship: Funniest possible outcome cause of Butler leaving Philly and them immediately crumpling as he cruises to a win with Spo. Lowkey rooting for this one.
    Celtics Championship: Neat, wouldn't be mad. Great for Kemba.
    Raptors Championship: Nick Nurse genius combined with padding out Kyle Lowry's HoF resume? Nice.

Lakers Championship: Nice to see Lebron add a 4th ring to his resume, but mad that AD would get one despite everything.
    Clippers Championship: Kawhi becoming the first player in NBA history to win finals MVP on 3 different teams would be nuts, kinda want to see that.
    Denver Championship: I'd love to see it since I like Jokic, but this would be the Murray story so far since Jokic has been mediocre. Unlikely.
    Houston Championship: Possibly the one outcome that would legitimately annoy me this year. Harden is one of the least likeable and entertaining players in the NBA, the Rockets franchise has been incredibly lame for years now, and I've been saying for a long time that D'Antoni's style won't win rings: would suck to be proven wrong.

Order of the teams that I want to see win:

Heat
    Raptors
    Nuggets
    Celtics
    Bucks
    Clippers
    Lakers
    Rockets
    Basketball.

Celtics/Raptors game tonight.

Celtics:
    Jayson Tatum: 42 minutes, 34 seconds
    Marcus Smart: 41 minutes, 6 seconds
    Kemba Walker: 40 minutes, 48 seconds
    Jaylen Brown: 37 minutes, 21 seconds

Raptors:
    Pascal Siakam: 45 minutes, 35 seconds
    Fred Van Vleet: 44 minutes, 49 seconds
    Kyle Lowry: 43 minutes, 47 seconds
    OG Anunoby: 35 minutes, 11 seconds.

Coach Budenholzer: this is what minutes look like from teams in the playoffs when they're playing close games. The best players on the floor as much as possible. 40+ minutes isn't weird in these circumstances.

Draymond really lit up Jokic's putrid defense the other night. He's not bad on the tv. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Celtics/Raptors game tonight.

Celtics:
    Jayson Tatum: 42 minutes, 34 seconds
    Marcus Smart: 41 minutes, 6 seconds
    Kemba Walker: 40 minutes, 48 seconds
    Jaylen Brown: 37 minutes, 21 seconds

Raptors:
    Pascal Siakam: 45 minutes, 35 seconds
    Fred Van Vleet: 44 minutes, 49 seconds
    Kyle Lowry: 43 minutes, 47 seconds
    OG Anunoby: 35 minutes, 11 seconds.

Coach Budenholzer: this is what minutes look like from teams in the playoffs when they're playing close games. The best players on the floor as much as possible. 40+ minutes isn't weird in these circumstances.
    It's such a weird coaching thing. Watch Giannis only play 32 minutes tomorrow. Bucks should of fired Bud after going down 0-2 and refusing to play playoff minutes.

It's such a weird coaching thing. Watch Giannis only play 32 minutes tomorrow. Bucks should of fired Bud after going down 0-2 and refusing to play playoff minutes.
    Here's the full transcript of VanVleet's answer about his heavy minutes:

''I mean, if you're ever going to do it, now's the time to do it. There's nothing to be resting for. There's no tomorrow. There's really no way to manage it and coach is putting his trust in us and communicating to a level where you get a rest if you need one. If you need him to call a time out, you get on. But right now, he's rolling with the big guns and that's the way we like it, and obviously, we're going to need more guys at some point. There's gonna be like, Serge shot the ball well tonight, and there's gonna be a Norman game, there's gonna be games where guys off the bench will us and give us the spark, but for the most part I think we've gotta be on the court and continuing to play at a high level. Until that drop off, you're going to see us in high doses.

It's conditioning. It's what you work for. We had a good three month layoff, and we're feeling as good as we can in the circumstances. There's no other option at this point.''
    Maybe Bud needs to listen to what players are saying. VanVleet says this tonight. Last night Giannis says he felt like he could have played more minutes. Other teams are gunning it.

There's zero point in being well rested, if you're resting up and losing. Cause then you go home, and your load management gets wasted on your fishing trip. You just have to play your best players together for as much time as possible, and go out swinging if you're going to go out. Bud doesn't get it.

He has his game plan. He knows what he wants to do. And nothing, nothing, is going to change his mind.

PJ Tucker locking down AD like he's Covid-19.
    People always joke about PJ Tucker being small, but they forget that he's 250lbs with a 7'1 wingspan. Dude's not small in the ways that matter: you don't play defense with the top of your skull.

MPJs defense

Still no bueno

Nikola Jokic is so fun

Denver trying to blow this game But Leonard and Paul are super unclutch tonight

Minutes in Denver/Clips

Denver:
    Jerami Grant: 40 minutes
    Jamal Murray: 40 minutes
    Nikola Jokic: 38 minutes

Clippers
    Paul George: 42 minutes
    Kawhi Leonard: 39 minutes

Crazy how literally every team that isn't the Bucks has guys playing at or around 40 minutes a night, every game. Weird. No idea why.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    So uhh... I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here...

But what happens if both the Nuggets AND the Rockets advance?

Like... what do we do? What does ANYONE do? What does the WORLD do?

??????

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    So uhh... I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here...

But what happens if both the Nuggets AND the Rockets advance?

Like... what do we do? What does ANYONE do? What does the WORLD do?

??????
    Then I'm happy cause I feel like the Nuggets beat the Rockets in a playoff context and it means Jokic is goin to the finals

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Draymond really lit up Jokic's putrid defense the other night. He's not bad on the tv. lol

it's only a matter of time till he becomes a full time studio analyst. Dude is a Chris Paul level basketball savant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Outcomes of this postseason and what they would mean to me:

Bucks championship: Cool to see Giannis win one, a testament to his greatness that the Bucks overcame Bud's massive coaching blunders. Coming back down 0-3 is incredible.
    Heat Championship: Funniest possible outcome cause of Butler leaving Philly and them immediately crumpling as he cruises to a win with Spo. Lowkey rooting for this one.
    Celtics Championship: Neat, wouldn't be mad. Great for Kemba.
    Raptors Championship: Nick Nurse genius combined with padding out Kyle Lowry's HoF resume? Nice.

Lakers Championship: Nice to see Lebron add a 4th ring to his resume, but mad that AD would get one despite everything.
    Clippers Championship: Kawhi becoming the first player in NBA history to win finals MVP on 3 different teams would be nuts, kinda want to see that.
    Denver Championship: I'd love to see it since I like Jokic, but this would be the Murray story so far since Jokic has been mediocre. Unlikely.
    Houston Championship: Possibly the one outcome that would legitimately annoy me this year. Harden is one of the least likeable and entertaining players in the NBA, the Rockets franchise has been incredibly lame for years now, and I've been saying for a long time that D'Antoni's style won't win rings: would suck to be proven wrong.

Order of the teams that I want to see win:

Heat
    Raptors
    Nuggets
    Celtics
    Bucks
    Clippers
    Lakers
    Rockets
    I think for me it's Rocket, Heat, or Raptors. No order. Westbrook has always been a not great but super entertaining player to watch. So, I have a hard time not rooting for him. Harden has actually really been entertaining this post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    it's only a matter of time till he becomes a full time studio analyst. Dude is a Chris Paul level basketball savant.
    He should be a coach.

I mean that in all seriousness. A lot of the time, players who have a high on court IQ are terrible communicators of that IQ to other people. They can't explain their thought processes, because it's so internalised on court they don't even know how to be aware of it.

Draymond isn't like that. Every time he's on TV, or even just tweeting sometimes, he explains in legitimate detail his processes and he's such a high level thinker. He should be a coach.

I think for me it's Rocket, Heat, or Raptors. No order. Westbrook has always been a not great but super entertaining player to watch. So, I have a hard time not rooting for him. Harden has actually really been entertaining this post season.
    He's also one of the nicest men in the game. A consummate gentleman off the court.

Giannis doubtful with an ankle injury

Bud was playing him too much

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Giannis doubtful with an ankle injury

Bud was playing him too much
    Yeah if only Giannis was young enough. Kyle Lowry's been playing on a a bum ankle for the last 3 games 40+ minutes a night, but he's a spring chicken compared to Giannis who is 49 years old and has had two hip transplants. Gotta be careful.

Kawhi Leonard has a long term muscle issue and looked like his legs were in a cast during last year's playoffs and played real minutes, thank god he's not 25 with a mild ankle tweak. Then it would be the end of him.

Butler is a top 5 player when it counts

Change my mind

Basketball Guru
    so now AD is agreeing to play center for the lakers against houston lol....AD should have a big game tonight plus getting harden in foul trouble when harden is guarding the center position....its a good game plan for the lakers but a lil part of me say that AD is running from pj tucker lol.....

tonight houston will have to play against the lakers and refs because i dont see the league letting the lakers go down 2-0 to houston....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so now AD is agreeing to play center for the lakers against houston lol....AD should have a big game tonight plus getting harden in foul trouble when harden is guarding the center position....its a good game plan for the lakers but a lil part of me say that AD is running from pj tucker lol.....

tonight houston will have to play against the lakers and refs because i dont see the league letting the lakers go down 2-0 to houston....
    PJ tucker still gonna be on him..

Thread Information