Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: April 18th - New Orleans Pelicans VS New York Knicks(Round 2) Gameday thread 12:00pm

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    It's been this way for years. I feel like NOLA sports fans in general are quick to unload stupidity when our teams lose.
    It’s remarkable how off the handle ppl get. Like, I get it. Like Brees messed up. Threw a pick but...there’s no point in being especially upset. It like benching him is an option. And you realize where stupid ideas like benching. Rees between the 20s get brought up by announcers. They’re just like stupid fans but have a national platform.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I know. As a Saints fan, not even Drew Brees was immune. He would have been traded 5 years ago if up to them.

Going to enjoy my Sunday. Out.
    You always talk in hyperboles. Nobody was saying that about Drew 5 years ago lol. They only thing people say is ge should retire because his arm was shot.

Ball made such a dumb mistake leaving his man open to guard the lane w 4 seconds left. It is one thing to be a terrible shooter but he has played enough basketball to know not to leave 3 pt shooter open and give up the layup.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    I so tired of taking the easy way out and blame SVG, did Stan tell Lonzo to be a dumbass and leave their best shooter. I be so glad when Lonzo is gone.

And the lack of shooting is killing us we miss Josh and NAW so much. We had so many corner 3's that Josh would have hit.
    It’s too easy for casual fans to blame the head coach. Our starting backcourt is putrid. They are who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    It’s too easy for casual fans to blame the head coach. Our starting backcourt is putrid. They are who they are.
    I agree with this, but SVG love affection with Bledsoe and Adams doesn't help
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

We have a coach that is hellbent on Bledsoe. Phoenix and Milwaukee could not wait to get rid of him. This coach loves him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We have a coach that is hellbent on Bledsoe. Phoenix and Milwaukee could not wait to get rid of him. This coach loves him for some reason.
    FROM BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Bledsoe playing. A coaching decision or a front office decision?

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    It?s too easy for casual fans to blame the head coach. Our starting backcourt is putrid. They are who they are.
    It's funny, Bledsoe explicitly said in the post game and Zion confirmed: SVG told them to foul. He was very clear about it.

And then the ball got inbounded and Bledsoe refused to foul.

What is SVG supposed to do when the veteran explicitly ignores his clear instructions?
    Basketball.

Just bench Bledsoe. He doesn’t care to win. Let him run with the second unit because we have to. It’s time to tank. I guess Bledsoe could be the tank commander.

Van Gundy "We deserve to lose."

Never go FULL Detroit Van GUNDY, because you give him the minutes.

Yeah. I think he is finally blaming himself

We might get somewhere now

It’s about that time where we should just suck up our pride and roll with Kira (at least until NAW is healthy) for better or worse. If we lose, great. If we win, great. Minutes are wasted on Bled at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You always talk in hyperboles. Nobody was saying that about Drew 5 years ago lol. They only thing people say is ge should retire because his arm was shot.
    No. No. No. I specifically said in gameday threads how people act. And what I said is no hyperbole. People literally said we needed to trade Drew if he had a bad game. You don't even have to go back 5 years to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah. I think he is finally blaming himself

We might get somewhere now
    No he's not blaming himself. Bledsoe was supposed to foul for PLAYER screwup #1. And had multiple Rose dribbles to do so. He didn't.

Given screwup #1, Lonzo had no reason whatsoever to leave Bullock. Let them have the layup. So that's PLAYER screwup #2.

SVG specifically said high school players could execute that. When he says "we" he ain't talking about himself.

No he's not blaming himself. Bledsoe was supposed to foul for PLAYER screwup #1. And had multiple Rose dribbles to do so. He didn't.

Given screwup #1, Lonzo had no reason whatsoever to leave Bullock. Let them have the layup. So that's PLAYER screwup #2.

SVG specifically said high school players could execute that. When he says "we" he ain't talking about himself.
    And he's right. Bledsoe and Zion both said post game that he was very clear, the play was to foul.

Bledsoe didn't foul anyway - that's Bledsoe's fault.

Lonzo was helping for no reason, that's Lonzo's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Steven caught that off his shoulder.
    soft hands...
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    www.tankathon.com

Movin on up like George and Weezy.

via Tank Commander

I'll give OKC credit. They know how to tank properly. 10 losses in a row.

Even ESPN is making fun of Bledsoe. How do you not pay attention?

SVG had him on the court. That is on him.

I actually enjoyed Bled's game

I guess there's a special place in hell for me

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I'll give OKC credit. They know how to tank properly. 10 losses in a row.
    OKC are amateurs. 6-16 since March 1st?

Houston, now that's a team that knows how to tank. 3-19 in the same span. That's powerful losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    OKC are amateurs. 6-16 since March 1st?

Houston, now that's a team that knows how to tank. 3-19 in the same span. That's powerful losing.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And he's right. Bledsoe and Zion both said post game that he was very clear, the play was to foul.

Bledsoe didn't foul anyway - that's Bledsoe's fault.

Lonzo was helping for no reason, that's Lonzo's fault.
    Lonzo got caught in no man's land as it appears he was thinking he needed to go to Rose to foul him since Bledsoe failed. He should never have left Bullock regardless. Bledsoe comment about not paying attention is a HUGE red flag. To me it is an indication of the lack of respect this team has for SVG. They really need to move on from him sooner than later.

Thread Information