Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 29th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 6-12

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    True, but nor it is AD after 7 seasons situation. He's happy here. Change my mind.
    Oh I'm not disagreeing, I think Ingram would be happy to take our offer too (at least from what we've seen so far), I'm just talking about the matching-maxes concept in general.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    True but in fairness, I'm never a huge fan of the whole ''match them to keep them regardless of what they think'' strategy. Maybe this is just me having bad vibes about it, but if someone actively wants to be elsewhere regardless of contract, jsut let them go. Don't want any players to be forced to stay and resent it. No more Eric Gordon situations.
    I agree with this. We need an environment where players want to be be here and that just isn't happening under Gentry. I hope he can get them to buy in to whatever he's selling, but I don't see it. We really need to win this next game against OKC at home. Losing to this team 2 in a row would be a serious morale crusher.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Who slows down on a fast break towards the rim? Is that some reverse psychology that he thought would work? LOL

I was screaming at the TV on that one. You go hard to the rim, or you go home.
    Jrue's game is based on anticipating what the opposition will do. He's methodical. He's not Ja Morant

But yeah, he needs to just get a head full of steam and trust his finishing ability in the open floor, which is the time he overthinks things the most

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Absolutely no shot Ingram passes up on a deal we can offer him. You are talking about 22 year old kids that are developing. They actually understand these are growing pains that are part of the process but the fans don’t..
    Well Ingram cant "pass up" any deals. Either the Pelicans match whatever offer sheet he gets or they dont. That ball is in Griffin's court.

And the difference tonight was OKC has cerebral guards that know what to do in the clutch.

We have a guard that attempts a highly contested left handed floater out of a timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I agree, you just don't take those kind of chances when the game is on the line. You're putting the game in the hands of the ref, and hoping to catch CP3 instead of trying to create a good look for yourself or your teammates.

I completely agree but this isn’t what cost us the game. The players did not execute easy opportunities all game long.

I'll say it a million times until he does something to prove me wrong. Jrue ain't that dude. He isn't a franchise player or a number 1 option. He isn't even a good 2nd option. A good 3rd option at best.

One question?

Did we ran out of timeouts?

Oh I'm not disagreeing, I think Ingram would be happy to take our offer too (at least from what we've seen so far), I'm just talking about the matching-maxes concept in general.

You have 0 credibility on Ingram. You match whatever contract it is plain and simple.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Jrue's game is based on anticipating what the opposition will do. He's methodical. He's not Ja Morant

But yeah, he needs to just get a head full of steam and trust his finishing ability in the open floor, which is the time he overthinks things the most
    He can do it. He has been hesitating like that all year.

Yes, i know it's an old clip. But i love when people dunk on LeBron.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

But yeah, he needs to just get a head full of steam and trust his finishing ability in the open floor which is the time he overthinks things the most
    What Jrue did was insane. He literally acted like the defender wasn’t there and he was doing a walk in layup drill. He had zero force behind his legs. I thought he may have started daydreaming. It was that odd.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You have 0 credibility on Ingram. You match whatever contract it is plain and simple.
    Ingram is getting a max. 20 pt scorer in their early prime get Max contract. We will match... And hopefully Ingram's heart isn't somewhere else.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I'll say it a million times until he does something to prove me wrong. Jrue ain't that dude. He isn't a franchise player or a number 1 option. He isn't even a good 2nd option. A good 3rd option at best.
    I agree. He’s so inconsistent that relying on him offensively shouldn’t be in the gameplan. Just let him play on ball defense. He’s been bad off ball. He was constantly out of place tonight when they switched to zone.

He can do it. He has been hesitating like that all year.

Yes, i know it's an old clip. But i love when people dunk on LeBron.
    I am stunned Jrue used to dunk with his right hand. It's been exclusively left for years now

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well Ingram cant "pass up" any deals. Either the Pelicans match whatever offer sheet he gets or they dont. That ball is in Griffin's court.

And the difference tonight was OKC has cerebral guards that know what to do in the clutch.

We have a guard that attempts a highly contested left handed floater out of a timeout.
    I know but I would consider him signing with another team passing up on us but that won’t happen. Absolutely no way we let Ingram walk. This kid is a flat out superstar right now at 22 years old.

OKC is a very solid team and like you said has 2 very good guards. Just wasn’t our night and we best ourselves. We blew a ton of great opportunities. Outside of Ingram nobody really did anything.

Zion will be back in the next few weeks.

I will repeat that to myself whenever we lose a game now.

This team and this season is one BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ingram is getting a max. 20 pt scorer in their early prime get Max contract. We will match... And hopefully Ingram's heart isn't somewhere else.

No players pass up on that $ at 22. Especially Ingram who just recently went through a near life changing event. He has an all around skill set and can do it all while being a 25+ ppg scorer at just 22. Not only is he scoring but he is doing it as efficiently as any player in the NBA right now. You put his exact stats on any big name on a winning team and they are in the MVP discussion. Ingram will get the max and he deserves the max.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

via GIPHY

I still consider Lonzo a starter because this team has no choice. A Jrue/Redick backcourt is not good. They are both very bad decision makers.

Lonzo has all the tools you want in a point guard. He has just been awfully coached his whole life. Whoever puts in the work to get him right will be rewarded.

If not, this team has to ship Jrue and Lonzo and see what they can get out of NAW.

You must not be familiar with this franchise.

I fully expect to hear the words "minor setback" soon.

Zion on this current team changes everything. You can’t tell me plugging in Zion for Kenny in the starting lineup doesn’t change everything for this team. Tell me how good the Bucks are with Kenny in place of Giannis? This team goes to a completely different level with the addition of Zion.

Funny that you should post that gif, because one of my biggest worries is that Gentry won't give Zion the opportunity to handle the ball enough.

I've been convinced for a long while that Zion's handle, while not perfect, is actually a plus for a guy of his size and strength and that he has much better vision and passing touch than he was allowed to show at Duke. He got some decent chances in pre-season to initiate the offense, I'm just hoping that he gets those same opportunities once he starts playing properly.

You must not be familiar with this franchise.

I fully expect to hear the words "minor setback" soon.
    If we do, I'm blaming you personally.

I still consider Lonzo a starter because this team has no choice. A Jrue/Redick backcourt is not good. They are both very bad decision makers.

Lonzo has all the tools you want in a point guard. He has just been awfully coached his whole life. Whoever puts in the work to get him right will be rewarded.

If not, this team has to ship Jrue and Lonzo and see what they can get out of NAW.
    I completely agree. Ball needs to replace JJ in the starting lineup. JJ needs to stay on the bench as a 6th man and nothing else even with injuries imo. I think Zion brings a lot more out of Zions skill set and soon we will get to see

Amen.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information