Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: January 20th - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - 16-28

A lot of people got fooled with Randle's contract year last year where he was balling...now that he got paid he looks pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Also I'm guessing BI is injured? Otherwise he played an excellent all around floor game. Best player on the floor.

Don't wanna rain on the parade, but somebody come get your boy Temple man. Get yo boy.
    Yeah, they were looking at his right foot on the side, that's why he didn't come back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    It was also nice to hear that Josh paid for the tickets to that nets game for Jose's family and BI paid for the tickets on Jose's family for this knicks game
    Plus BI gave his Jose's brother his jersey at the end of the game. Jose must be a real cool dude.

Is Jose Dan Dickau turned up to 11?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A lot of people got fooled with Randle's contract year last year where he was balling...now that he got paid he looks pretty bad
    Hence the reason so many Knicks fans have been vocal about his play to the point that he has had to give them a thumbs down during the game.

7 total steals for a 2nd rnd pick and an undrafted guy

7 total steals for a 2nd rnd pick and an undrafted guy
    Now if we could get any production from the five # 1's we have drafted in the last three years.

I had to look into Jose’s bio, he went to the same High School as former Hornet great (and Baron Davis boobie prize Speedy Claxton).

If Randle wants out of NY we should bring him back here ASAP. Go get Barrett too . So we can sign Zion to that long term deal.

Im not touching Randle with that contract... Barrett would be nice though

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If Randle wants out of NY we should bring him back here ASAP. Go get Barrett too . So we can sign Zion to that long term deal.
    I agree. Randle isn't as bad as people are making him out to be. He liked New Orleans and all indications are they he won't be one to complain if he gets dealt from the Big Apple. In fact, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Get rid of the Zion headache and get Randle and RJ. I'd do it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    I agree. Randle isn't as bad as people are making him out to be. He liked New Orleans and all indications are they he won't be one to complain if he gets dealt from the Big Apple. In fact, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Get rid of the Zion headache and get Randle and RJ. I'd do it asap.
    What? Are you suggesting Zion for Randle and Barrett? Randle has nearly $120 million guaranteed over the next 4 years after this year. He also is having an off year and showing that last season may be an outlier. No way would I do that deal.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. No thanks to anything on New York’s roster.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What? Are you suggesting Zion for Randle and Barrett? Randle has nearly $120 million guaranteed over the next 4 years after this year. He also is having an off year and showing that last season may be an outlier. No way would I do that deal.
    That's the skeleton of a deal. If the Pelicans throw in some bad salary needed to work under the collective bargaining agreement as well as have the Knicks throw in some unprotected picks, we have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Assuming we keep our 22 # 1 by missing the playoffs, I would trade it along with any two of NAW, JAX, or Kira for RJ Barrett. It would essentially be three young lottery picks for one lottery pick (Barrett).

While you are laughing and saying, 'the Knicks wouldn't touch it', remember that's how dreadful the Pel's have drafted in the first round in the last three years (absent Zion, who is a disappointment of a different measure).

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    That's the skeleton of a deal. If the Pelicans throw in some bad salary needed to work under the collective bargaining agreement as well as have the Knicks throw in some unprotected picks, we have a winner.
    Not sure they have enough unprotected picks to make that deal work. Would take 5 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You don’t watch much basketball

I hope BI is okay, nice win, keep it up!

Do you honestly think Randle is worth his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Do you honestly think Randle is worth his contract?
    Yep. What has Zion done?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You know me better than that, 13. No one on that roster does a thing for me.

Yep. What has Zion done?
    Sold people on hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

While you are laughing and saying, 'the Knicks wouldn't touch it', remember that's how dreadful the Pel's have drafted in the first round in the last three years (absent Zion, who is a disappointment of a different measure).
    Barrett was the 3rd selection, Hayes 10th, Kira 13th, and NAW 17th.....that's like bragging that one NFL team did better with their top 10 pick than another team did with two 2nds and a 3rd rounder.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Barrett was the 3rd selection, Hayes 10th, Kira 13th, and NAW 17th.....that's like bragging that one NFL team did better with their top 10 pick than another team did with two 2nds and a 3rd rounder.
    Hayes was 8th. But point still stands.

Yall know Antonio Daniels (yes our color guy) was a 4th overall pick? Right behind Chauncy Billups.

Yep. What has Zion done?
    Zion on a rookie deal while Randle is making $30 million a year and still not playing defense and showing last year was an outlier on offense.

Thread Information