Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Breaking News

@ESPNInsider: Some rumors floating around about Kobe house hunting in Milwaukee... Sources reporting Kobe would be willing to take substantially less money (MLE-level) for a 1-year deal with the Bucks... More to come... #Whoa

On a serious note, I wouldn't be opposed to commish not allowing MLE bids on Max level guys so they game doesn't do something silly.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Max-level is objective, homey.

...or is the word i'm looking for subjective? I always get them mixed up

No it's not. It's computer logic.

But 1 person may consider, for example, Okur a max money guy... then another may consider him only a 8-9mil/yr guy.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    But 1 person may consider, for example, Okur a max money guy... then another may consider him only a 8-9mil/yr guy.
    I mean unanimous max guys. The Kobe Bryants, KG and Webbers should not be signing for MLEs

And they probably won't... i'm just being retarded LOL i'm sure people across the baord have thrown MLEs in the FA to good players and were all turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I mean unanimous max guys. The Kobe Bryants, KG and Webbers should not be signing for MLEs
    I haven't seen it yet. Doubt it happens at all, unless for some crazy reason there are no other bids. Or, you know, the Lakers offer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I haven't seen it yet. Doubt it happens at all, unless for some crazy reason there are no other bids. Or, you know, the Lakers offer it.
    I think you mean another team actually getting lucky and signing a Max guy to a MLE and then promptly trading that player to the Lakers.
    #FREEQUAIL

Hoopshype

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I think you mean another team actually getting lucky and signing a Max guy to a MLE and then promptly trading that player to the Lakers.
    Says the guy that may have Shaq and webber :/. Also can't trade a MLE !

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    No, MLE's can't be traded, but I thought the same about Sprewell too.

If anyone's gonna get lucky and sign KG, Webber, or Kobe to a MLE, it's the Lakers.

(This makes me wonder, is Canadian money worth more? So is my Canadian MLE like really worth 6 mil?)

No, MLE's can't be traded, but I thought the same about Sprewell too.

If anyone's gonna get lucky and sign KG, Webber, or Kobe to a MLE, it's the Lakers.

(This makes me wonder, is Canadian money worth more? So is my Canadian MLE like really worth 6 mil?)
    I like how everything i've done now is "luck" and people handing me players and such. I've lost MLEs to a number of teams. My best "get" from a MLE was Donyell who by the playoffs got liek 10 MPG for me.

I like how everything i've done now is "luck" and people handing me players and such. I've lost MLEs to a number of teams. My best "get" from a MLE was Donyell who by the playoffs got liek 10 MPG for me.
    If you signed one of those 3 to a MLE, wouldn't you consider it luck?

Hoopshype

If you signed one of those 3 to a MLE, wouldn't you consider it luck?
    I wouldn't offer it.

I wouldn't offer it.
    Well that's just silly. Can't hurt to try.

Says the guy that may have Shaq and webber :/. Also can't trade a MLE !
    I'm sure you can find a way around that. And if Webber does resign I'm going to be a retirement home in 2 years. Shaq, Webber, and Jones will just sit around with bruised hips reminiscing about the good ole days.

You know what, I'll take the time and address this further.

You should be applauded for the incredible job you have done this past season. You worked hard, gathered assets, and turned those assets into some true beasts. I'm sure there are plenty of us that feel somehow we made a better offer for so-and-so, boo-hoo, but you sealed the deal. You made the offer and got it done. Quit being defensive and take some credit for the bad @$$ job you did this season. You deserve it.

Yes, I've made a crack or two or four about the trades and players you've obtained. I had your 1st, I had to pull against you. If anyone should feel defensive, it's the other party. I truly mean it as a compliment to you. And for you to take it any other way is way too humble or touchy.

If you want to talk about luck, it's a cpu generated sim so a little luck is gonna be involved. But you need to make some things happen so that luck turns your way. You were down 1-3 in both finals, made some adjustments, and won. You made it happen.

I want to see some damn championship swagger from you. YOU'RE NOT A VICTIM, YOU'RE THE F"N CHAMP!

Now get out there and defend it!

*There goes my pep talk for the day.

You should be applauded for the incredible job you have done this past season. You worked hard, gathered assets, and turned those assets into some true beasts. I'm sure there are plenty of us that feel somehow we made a better offer for so-and-so, boo-hoo, but you sealed the deal. You made the offer and got it done. Quit being defensive and take some credit for the bad @$$ job you did this season. You deserve it.

Yes, I've made a crack or two or four about the trades and players you've obtained. I had your 1st, I had to pull against you. If anyone should feel defensive, it's the other party. I truly mean it as a compliment to you. And for you to take it any other way is way too humble or touchy.

If you want to talk about luck, it's a cpu generated sim so a little luck is gonna be involved. But you need to make some things happen so that luck turns your way. You were down 1-3 in both finals, made some adjustments, and won. You made it happen.

I want to see some damn championship swagger from you. YOU'RE NOT A VICTIM, YOU'RE THE F"N CHAMP!

Love it.

Tl;dr -> NBA is still rigged for the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by 3SoB View Post
    Just getting the report in, that after much deliberation, Grizzlies have sent in their FA bids, apparently there are surprise omissions from their bid...
    Finally could get it in
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Finally could get it in
    Who's 3SoB? lol

Who's 3SoB? lol
    The first time we did these, instead of making up a silly name like Ian (It's actually really clever), I went with the ESPN truehoop blog for Memphis: http://www.3sob.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    The first time we did these, instead of making up a silly name like Ian (It's actually really clever), I went with the ESPN truehoop blog for Memphis: http://www.3sob.com/
    OHHHHH my bad haha... I was like "**** who changed their name?!"

Tl;dr -> NBA is still rigged for the Lakers

Thread Information