Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Draft Hopes

Guys hit me with your list of players I need to look into. I know the top 3 for sure but others names I should Look into.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Keldon Johnson is the guy I'm looking at if we're outside the top-5. That shot looks as pure as anyone I have seen, specifically in this class where shooting is fairly weak at the top. Looks like Brad Beal, only worry is the 75% FT shooting.
    I've seen Keldon called a Beal clone

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Guys hit me with your list of players I need to look into. I know the top 3 for sure but others names I should Look into.
    I am cuckoo for Okpala . Stanford U. Nothing to do late at night except watch Pac Basketball .

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I've seen Keldon called a Beal clone
    I've seen Keldon & he ain't Bradley Beal.

Gonna hit you with a sleeper. Kris Wilkes He's a long 6'8" - UCLA- again, nothing to do at night. Note: I'm not going got tell you what I THINK he does well. Don't want to be leading & it gives you something to do.

Yes, yes! Keep the names flowing, I love it. Sleepers are appreciated too. I expect us to have 3 - 4 1st in this draft.

Yes, yes! Keep the names flowing, I love it. Sleepers are appreciated too. I expect us to have 3 - 4 1st in this draft.
    Kevin Porter - USC . Pure Athlete- explosive. Man, I feel like Bill Walton, shilling for the PAC basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I am cuckoo for Okpala . Stanford U. Nothing to do late at night except watch Pac Basketball .
    You know I kept looking at all these draft guides and all the top players at PG, SG, SF all seemed to lack solid 3pt shooting. I'm thinking to myself, where's the shooting in all these lists. I want to find a solid shooter. I mean in the top 10 the best 3pt shooter is probably a freaking Center in Bol Bol. Lol

Then you suggested Okpala and I looked him up and I'm like.... Here's what I'm looking for.

Actually like Little & White from N.C. More than Bradley Beal clone. Check out Little's length. He's 6'6", but wingspan is enormous . Little can shoot, he can shoot, he can shoot.

You know I kept looking at all these draft guides and all the top players at PG, SG, SF all seemed to lack solid 3pt shooting. I'm thinking to myself, where's the shooting in all these lists. I want to find a solid shooter. I mean in the top 10 the best 3pt shooter is probably a freaking Center in Bol Bol. Lol

Then you suggested Okpala and I looked him up and I'm like.... Here's what I'm looking for.
    I've watched him all year, on an outmanned team, almost every game. He doesn't take a play off, he's a little above average on defense, but being the only threat Stanford has & still gets his 17pts per. I am crazy about this kid.

Ok, don't laugh, just investigate. I think you will like these 2. Again, west Coast, not PAC though. Could get both of these guys in 20's possibly early Rd 2.
    Jalen McDaniels- SAn Diego State. 6'9- 6'10 not sure - 36% 3pt shooter & runnnnnssss .
    OK, as I said, investigate before you judge me.---> Dylan Wilder - Belmont. The guy is 6'7 1/2 & shoots 42.5% from three. You can judge the rest of his game while you watch. Some good. Some OK. Anyway, happy motoring.

Everything I keep seeing I just wish this was last year's draft because I want Luka so bad. Lol.

I suppose Barrett is probably the closest to him just without quite as good shooting and less eye for assists but better athleticism.

Everything I keep seeing I just wish this was last year's draft because I want Luka so bad. Lol.

I suppose Barrett is probably the closest to him just without quite as good shooting and less eye for assists but better athleticism.
    Well, don't go out on a limb with Luka. Geesh.
    FWIW- there is no way that I take Barrett at 3, if I can get Okpala between say 7 & 12 . No Way.

What about Reddish, he seems to intrigue me a bit. Though, he needs to up his shooting.

Keep in mind- I LOVE college basketball & no NOTHING about the international players.
    I Love the Pels, I love NCAAB, I like the NBA.

What about Reddish, he seems to intrigue me a bit. Though, he needs to up his shooting.
    Yes & Yes. I actually like him better than Barrett. Although if you watch the games, he tends to pull olays on D. Likes to take a play off here and there.
    Looka, I'm just gonna be on record. There are 1/2 players I would take over Barrett even if he fell to 6-9. Not a fan.

Well, don't go out on a limb with Luka. Geesh.
    FWIW- there is no way that I take Barrett at 3, if I can get Okpala between say 7 & 12 . No Way.
    Oh no. No no not at all. I thought Luka was clearly the best player in last year's draft. That's a good point though about Okpala. The question arises though....

Why not both?!?!?! I mean assuming we trade AD to NY that's a top 3 pick (if we hit 1 of course Zion), then we have our own pick at no. 9 could grab Okpala.

Or maybe we so the deal with Boston so we are looking at picks maybe 9, 12, 16. So we do Okpala, then Bol Bol at 12, then Little at 16?

Oh no. No no not at all. I thought Luka was clearly the best player in last year's draft. That's a good point though about Okpala. The question arises though....

Why not both?!?!?! I mean assuming we trade AD to NY that's a top 3 pick (if we hit 1 of course Zion), then we have our own pick at no. 9 could grab Okpala.

Or maybe we so the deal with Boston so we are looking at picks maybe 9, 12, 16. So we do Okpala, then Bol Bol at 12, then Little at 16?
    I don't like Barrett enough. I think he drops a bit on draft day.

I don't like Barrett enough. I think he drops a bit on draft day.
    Yeah, I like Little. he's like a Spider. I like Spiders.
    Don't tell JJack, but there are a few stretch guys I like more than Bol Bol Bol Bol . I don't want JJack distressed.

Yes & Yes. I actually like him better than Barrett. Although if you watch the games, he tends to pull olays on D. Likes to take a play off here and there.
    Looka, I'm just gonna be on record. There are 1/2 players I would take over Barrett even if he fell to 6-9. Not a fan.
    I mean this is what I wanna hear, from people who watch a ton of college ball. You don't have to go in line with what the draft lists are. Those are all subjective anyway. Plus I feel like they always add weight to a player being a rookie over a Sophomore but I've seen so many rookies fail coming out then that I'm ok with a slightly Older player. I mean Harden was a sophomore when he came out. Curry was a couple years in college too I think.

Don't tell JJack, but there are a few stretch guys I like more than Bol Bol Bol Bol . I don't want JJack distressed.
    What do you think of a Boston Deal where we end up with picks 9 (ours), and then 12 and 16 from Boston?

What would you do with those picks?

And I know the injury is scary, especially with big, but dear God who do you better as a stretch center than Bol Bol?

I mean this is what I wanna hear, from people who watch a ton of college ball. You don't have to go in line with what the draft lists are. Those are all subjective anyway. Plus I feel like they always add weight to a player being a rookie over a Sophomore but I've seen so many rookies fail coming out then that I'm ok with a slightly Older player. I mean Harden was a sophomore when he came out. Curry was a couple years in college too I think.
    It's easy for Barrett to look good- taking open shots, rebounding, et al, when you have 3 other guys on your team going in round 1. Guys like Okpala have to work much harder to get theirs. I weigh that. Doesn't mean I'm right to do so, but I do.

Little reads to me like an Aminu clone. Of course he seems a better outside shooter so I guess that's not an animu clone at all. Lol.

What do you think of a Boston Deal where we end up with picks 9 (ours), and then 12 and 16 from Boston?

What would you do with those picks?

And I know the injury is scary, especially with big, but dear God who do you better as a stretch center than Bol Bol?
    Well, Bol Bol puts me in an unusual spot. He is a tweener. Yep. He is 7'2" 220 lbs. Whew, if he tries to guard true 5's , he may actually break . I mean Literally . His arm may break trying to block Drummond, Jordan. Gracious, Steven Adams might think he is a bug. He is sooooo skinny.
    So do you put him at the #4 ? I can't see 7'2" being nimble enough to guard 4's . Just think about how SKINNY 7'2", 220 is. AD was 6'10" 220 when he came out & wAs a twig.
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-10-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Little reads to me like an Aminu clone. Of course he seems a better outside shooter so I guess that's not an animu clone at all. Lol.
    Yeah, I think he's actually shorter than Aminu, but Wing span is longer. I like him & yeah, I can see plenty of his traits. Kinda reminds me more of Tayahaun Prince + a couple lbs.

Thread Information