Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 13th February - New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 23-31

ZION HIGHLIGHTS

Zion is currently 19 years and 223 days old.

There are plenty of other rookies who have had 20+ scoring streaks way longer than 6 games, but none of them where this young. Let's look at some of the other long 20pt streaks in rookie history.

The longest streak of 20pt games in rookie history belongs to Wilt; he had 56 consecutive 20pt games his rookie year. He was 23 years old and 172 days when that streak ended.

Since the start of the 3pt era (1979-80), the longest rookie streak of 20pt games belongs to Michael Jordan, who had 23 straight in his rookie year. He was 21 years and 364 days old when that streak ended.

Since 2000, the longest rookie streak belongs to Blake Griffin. He had 14 consecutive 20pt games his rookie year, a streak that ended when he was 21 and 304 days.

Zion can't break Wilt's record; he just can't play enough games, even if he scored over 20 in every single game left. He could break Jordan's streak, but it would require him to pretty much go 20+ for nearly every game of the year. Surprisingly, this is not impossible in my mind, given how soft our schedule becomes towards the end.

Blake's streak though? That's really achievable, I think.
    Basketball.

Art

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The thing about Redick's defense is that he's bad, but he's bad in predictable and consistent ways. A good defensive team can work around that and hide him, at least in the regular season; that's what Philly did.

We are not a good defensive team.
    This is what concerns me about the teams future under Gentry. His teams are not good defensively.And his adjustments are to slow Why is Ball still guarding Gallinari after being burned repeatedly in the first half? The Thunder players were just getting to the basket at will. Gentry at best is a decent assistant coach on the offense.Hate to be so negative,the Pels have a good future I'm just not sure they can reach their full potential under Gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    This is what concerns me about the teams future under Gentry. His teams are not good defensively.And his adjustments are to slow Why is Ball still guarding Gallinari after being burned repeatedly in the first half? The Thunder players were just getting to the basket at will. Gentry at best is a decent assistant coach on the offense.Hate to be so negative,the Pels have a good future I'm just not sure they can reach their full potential under Gentry.

The fact we kept Gentry was a mind numbing decision.

I understand that BI didn’t play because he was hurt, but why have him play in the meaningless AS game when he can aggravate his injury by playing? I understand him playing injured for us in a meaningful game, but not him playing in an exhibition game.

(Curmudgeon off)
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The fact we kept Gentry was a mind numbing decision.
    It will work itself out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It will work itself out in time.
    4 more years?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    4 more years?
    Perhaps longer. People are taken in by fools gold all the time.

Honestly I don’t even know why we got scheduled to play last night. The Arena’s tickenscan company even closed shop for the break. We eventually got in in beginning of 1st qtr.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't know why they boo him anymore. First year, maybe second year after the trade I can understand. But he handled his situation infinitely better while being in a much worse situation than AD.

Time to respect him and what he did for us.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why they boo him anymore. First year, maybe second year after the trade I can understand. But he handled his situation infinitely better while being in a much worse situation than AD.

Time to respect him and what he did for us.
    That’s true. After experiencing the AD sage (which I hope he never gets a “proper” send off) we should be writing poems and soliloquy’s about CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    I agree but also I think (and hope) that Gentry isn't the coach long term. For this year, sure, and maybe even next if we make the playoffs or something, but I can't imagine he's still the head coach by the time Zions rookie extension comes up.

I was all for bringing back CP3 here before deadline.

I don't watch American football, so I have no idea what that means.

But sure, I watch every single game myself and I also see many of the same mistakes popping up again and again. But it's not only Jrue that's making them. The point isn't that Jrue is beyond criticism; of course he's not. The point is that he's not the only player who's subject to it. Everyone should get it.
    I share in the frustration, because at this point in his career, Jrue should be more consistent then he’s been. It’s maddening to see what he’s capable of in some games, where he’s almost sublime in crunch time, only to follow it up with games like last night where he misses huge free throws and makes unforced turnovers. I’m not saying he always needs to have the superhero games, but he shouldn’t have as many dud fourth quarter performances like last night. And if we’re being honest, the main reason that we’re on the outside of the playoff race is the high number of bad games that he had in the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I share in the frustration, because at this point in his career, Jrue should be more consistent then he’s been. It’s maddening to see what he’s capable of in some games, where he’s almost sublime in crunch time, only to follow it up with games like last night where he misses huge free throws and makes unforced turnovers. I’m not saying he always needs to have the superhero games, but he shouldn’t have as many dud fourth quarter performances like last night. And if we’re being honest, the main reason that we’re on the outside of the playoff race is the high number of bad games that he had in the beginning of the year.
    This is what I mean. It's perfectly fine to say that Jrue has dud fourth quarters way too often this year. No doubt, it's true. But is his poor play THE single main reason we're outside the playoffs?

Not Gentry taking 2 months to sort the rotation?
    Not Favors missing half the season?
    Not Lonzo playing like garbage on both ends until mid December?

I'd argue that any of those things easily have just as much influence on our current position as Jrues play, and in some cases like the Favors issue, possibly more.

It's weird to single Jrue out and sideline all of these issues.

Our season has been suboptimal for a ton of reasons. It's weird to pick one single reason and laser focus on it to the exception of all else.

Yoooooo what do you guys think about this

I've been harping on that the guards/wings need to eventually get perfect timing on those Zion roll-off alley oops. He's caught a bunch that were a beat late.

But listen to 1:30. Is that someone on the bench making a noise to alert the guard to throw the oop?

https://youtu.be/PjEMxXESekA?t=91

Even if not, then it would be a good idea to implement if someone can get ahold of the coaching staff lol

At 221 career points, Zion has reached 0.082 Baynes

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Yoooooo what do you guys think about this

I've been harping on that the guards/wings need to eventually get perfect timing on those Zion roll-off alley oops. He's caught a bunch that were a beat late.

But listen to 1:30. Is that someone on the bench making a noise to alert the guard to throw the oop?

https://youtu.be/PjEMxXESekA?t=91

Even if not, then it would be a good idea to implement if someone can get ahold of the coaching staff lol
    Somebody hitting a trash can?

Frustrating how the refs let Adams camp out in the lane the ENTIRE night.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Frustrating how the refs let Adams camp out in the lane the ENTIRE night.
    Rudy Robert does the same thing.
    Gentry needs to call that out.

At 221 career points, Zion has reached 0.082 Baynes
    What's 0.082 Baynes?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What's 0.082 Baynes?
    It is the scale of how many points Aron Baynes has scored in his career. 1 Baynes = 2688 points (as of today).

Lebron, for example, has scored a career 12.58 Baynes, at 33,817 points.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Rudy Robert does the same thing.
    Gentry needs to call that out.
    Reminds me of when we played the Bucks and in the post-game interview, Gentry said that Brook Lopez spends so much time in the paint that ''he has a condo in there. A nice condo!''

It is the scale of how many points Aron Baynes has scored in his career. 1 Baynes = 2688 points (as of today).

Lebron, for example, has scored a career 12.58 Baynes, at 33,817 points.
    But why compare against Baynes?

Thread Information