Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goalhanger14 View Post
    think a shot for klay could be good? exp of a chris paul but on the wing and maybe got with a pick and a player or 2 given his salary?
    How would we even make a deal work? We would have to match salaries, so are your giving up CJ?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How would we even make a deal work? We would have to match salaries, so are your giving up CJ?
    Matching salary could include some combination of the contracts of: Jonas, Graham, Nance, Hayes, Temple, Kira. Picks could be negotiated. That being said, it's hard to see Warriors trading away Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Matching salary could include some combination of the contracts of: Jonas, Graham, Nance, Hayes, Temple, Kira. Picks could be negotiated. That being said, it's hard to see Warriors trading away Klay.
    Also no thanks on taking on 32 year old Klay at 2/84 mil

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Also no thanks on taking on 32 year old Klay at 2/84 mil
    Right. He's not the players he was. He's not worth anywhere near that anymore. If GS holds onto him it's because they can't move him or some sense of loyalty. Because at that number he's not an asset.

Free Agents flying under the radar? Could the Pels pick up on any?

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...this-offseason

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Free Agents flying under the radar? Could the Pels pick up on any?

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fas...this-offseason
    Oladipo is probably the guy I'm most interested in with the MLE. I was a little disappointed he flashed with Miami in the playoffs because I thought he was getable, but I'd say he likely played himself out of our range. I'd love to pair him with our guys defensively and in transition. If he can shoot 36% from 3 on a decent volume of wide open looks, you're super happy.

Oladipo is probably the guy I'm most interested in with the MLE. I was a little disappointed he flashed with Miami in the playoffs because I thought he was getable, but I'd say he likely played himself out of our range. I'd love to pair him with our guys defensively and in transition. If he can shoot 36% from 3 on a decent volume of wide open looks, you're super happy.
    Yea, Oladipo would be a dream free agency gamble. Which teams do you see giving him more than the full MLE that Pels could give him? I'd say Pels have as good a shot as any. And for the first time in a while, they should be seen as a desirable, playoff/contending team that shouldn't have to massively overpay to have a shot at free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea, Oladipo would be a dream free agency gamble. Which teams do you see giving him more than the full MLE that Pels could give him? I'd say Pels have as good a shot as any. And for the first time in a while, they should be seen as a desirable, playoff/contending team that shouldn't have to massively overpay to have a shot at free agents.
    There's going to be contenders out there that can offer him the same or similar money with a larger offensive role and a better chance at a ring. Pels are super deep now. The only issue with being super deep is it's harder to attract players to small roles

Well if the Lakers are serious about bringing in Kyrie. Westbrook getting kicked to curb. Also might be losing patience with Davis being injury prone.

Clippers have a better shot at Kyrie than the Lakers.

That is assuming the nets really care about what they can get in a trade for Kyrie. If they don't care what they get in return, then the Lakers have just as good of a shot as the Clips. Clippers have more they can offer while the Lakers have absolutely NOTHING the Nets SHOULD want.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Clippers have a better shot at Kyrie than the Lakers.

That is assuming the nets really care about what they can get in a trade for Kyrie. If they don't care what they get in return, then the Lakers have just as good of a shot as the Clips. Clippers have more they can offer while the Lakers have absolutely NOTHING the Nets SHOULD want.
    In what world would a team not care about what they are getting in a trade

Was dating a few girls in college, had to pick one but I really didn’t care about what I wanted in a wife, so I just chose whatever
    @mcnamara247

In what world would a team not care about what they are getting in a trade
    You must not have seen what the Rockets got for Harden. they obviously didn't care. Also look up the Pau-to-Lakers trade and see what the Lakers gave up. There are plenty of examples of dumbazz trades that I can reference.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Was dating a few girls in college, had to pick one but I really didn’t care about what I wanted in a wife, so I just chose whatever
    You were looking for a wife in college? Man I was doing it wrong.

You must not have seen what the Rockets got for Harden. they obviously didn't care. Also look up the Pau-to-Lakers trade and see what the Lakers gave up. There are plenty of examples of dumbazz trades that I can reference.
    The Rockets got four firsts, lol. The Lakers don't even have four firsts, much less the cap structure to pull off a deal of that magnitude

The Rockets got four firsts, lol. The Lakers don't even have four firsts, much less the cap structure to pull off a deal of that magnitude
    Damn... looking back at that trade that was a terrible example (Rockets/Nets). But you know what I mean... teams trading guys for "whatever they can get". And yes Lakers have cap constraints but if they really wanted the money to work... they could.

The whole Kyrie thing is posturing IMO. The Nets want a short deal, Kyrie wants a long deal. I think they probably meet somewhere around 2/80. Similar to what Harden will likely get

The whole Kyrie thing is posturing IMO. The Nets want a short deal, Kyrie wants a long deal. I think they probably meet somewhere around 2/80. Similar to what Harden will likely get
    I fully expect him back with the Nets but its funny how the Lakers have the best odds of getting him. I hate those bums.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insig...ar-point-guard

I fully expect him back with the Nets but its funny how the Lakers have the best odds of getting him. I hate those bums.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insig...ar-point-guard
    Legit question -- do you know how odds are set?

They are set with one objection in mind; To get equal action on all sides so that the house guarantees a profit. They are not a prediction of what will happen as much as a prediction of what will result in equal betting on each side from the public. Lakers fans are stupid and will hammer those futures so you will always see lines for the Lakers, Cowboys, etc different than what they would actually make them if they were trying to predict

They are set with one objection in mind; To get equal action on all sides so that the house guarantees a profit. They are not a prediction of what will happen as much as a prediction of what will result in equal betting on each side from the public. Lakers fans are stupid and will hammer those futures so you will always see lines for the Lakers, Cowboys, etc different than what they would actually make them if they were trying to predict
    Kinda... not sure how or who sets the odds but I do know that Vegas is in the money making business. I wasn't taking those odds as Gospel that Kyrie would go there... but rather point out the lakers getting odds at all. But I know its Vegas making money per usual.

True...to a point but I doubt there's a single legit "house" that, given the opportunity, wouldn't prefer a 60-40 split on action toward one team or the other depending on their own opinion on the game...or at least 55-45 if it's a heavy handle game (Sorry about this nit-picking...but I've removed myself from all "draftmania" talk due to my relative ignorance on the subject matter...but just reading what others say, can get quite boring, so I felt compelled to respond to your comment, just so I could say...SOMETHING)
    Last edited by The Dud; 06-20-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Kinda... not sure how or who sets the odds but I do know that Vegas is in the money making business. I wasn't taking those odds as Gospel that Kyrie would go there... but rather point out the lakers getting odds at all. But I know its Vegas making money per usual.
    Lakers will have good odds if its Beal too. And we all know they would have no shot at getting him. Doesnt matter, they would receive action on it, because they are the Lakers.

Again I ask, who are we signing with the MLE, and is it worth attaching an asset to Devonte Graham

Seems like Patty C has an extension lined up for him with the Buvks. It's close to the MLE and he's playing for a contender.
    Welcome to be here

Again I ask, who are we signing with the MLE, and is it worth attaching an asset to Devonte Graham
    I say no, because as I laid out, there arent any guaranteed minutes for that caliber of player on this current roster any way.

Bring Graham back, unless you get off him as a neutral asset. If you have to give up anything at all to unload him, just keep him. You will need that contract for a trade eventually a la Satoransky

Thread Information