Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    What about Griffin draft history makes you think he can find a diamond in the rough?

Sure is it possible to find a Kawhi or Giannis at the bottom of lottery, but it's not likely and Griffin has done nothing to make me think he has that ability.
    Considering he never made a pick with the Cavs, I'd say we don't have anything to point to one way or the other. I do know that he's surrounded himself with an extremely talented and smart FO. And our GM, Trajan Landon, has had pretty incredible success in the mid/late first-early second.

I'm just not going to sit here and be pessimistic about Griffin's ability to draft until he proves otherwise.

If healthy (and that's a major if), DeMarcus Cousins would be the perfect complement to Zion. This team could use a player who plays with a chip on his shoulder. We could probably get him on the cheap and he's from Alabama as I recall.

Does anybody have any idea if he's still rehabilitating and where that stands?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If healthy (and that's a major if), DeMarcus Cousins would be the perfect complement to Zion. This team could use a player who plays with a chip on his shoulder. We could probably get him on the cheap and he's from Alabama as I recall.

Not interested in him at all and the team shouldn't be.

This is a dude who straight up lied about this franchise and its integrity to the media, multiple times, before bailing out of town.

And there's a difference between playing with a chip on your shoulder and being a toxic personality. Cousins is the latter.

That's even putting aside the fact that his legs are made of matchsticks and glue.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not interested in him at all and the team shouldn't be.

This is a dude who straight up lied about this franchise and its integrity to the media, multiple times, before bailing out of town.

And there's a difference between playing with a chip on your shoulder and being a toxic personality. Cousins is the latter.

That's even putting aside the fact that his legs are made of matchsticks and glue.
    I can respect that

He is far from a good compliment to Zion at this point. Maybe when he was younger, healthier and somewhat motivated he would have been. But he is slow and very lazy on defense. He also bashed this organization and not someone we would want around our young talent. I would hope they stay far away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Team needs some lengthy beef in the middle but not the "running in mud" beef.

Udoka Azubuike or Nick Richards would be nice in the 2nd round.

I think killian tillie would fit nicely as well. Plus, it may be easier for him to simply not get hurt as opposed to all the others who have to learn the game

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I think killian tillie would fit nicely as well. Plus, it may be easier for him to simply not get hurt as opposed to all the others who have to learn the game
    Tillie is the perfect on paper fit in terms of skillset and role.

Udoka Azubuike is, for example, not that.

Tillie would be nice if he falls to one of our 2nds due to injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Tillie would be nice if he falls to one of our 2nds due to injury history.
    Or if we packaged a couple of seconds together to move up into the late first. Which is why I support doing if we can, cause otherwise we'd be drafting too many people.

I'd love me some LaMarcus Aldridge, especially if he can continue to rip the 3 ball. I can't imagine he'll cost much considering the direction that it seems the Spurs want to go. He would open up everything offensively and at the very least would provide a steadying if not consistent presence defensively.

He'll be on a one year, 24 million dollar deal. Would the Spurs be willing to move Aldridge for Darius Miller and a few seconds? Would Aldridge come in with the understanding that this is Zion and BI's team, and be willing to take more of an off ball shooting role (in which he'd thrive)? I would love to have him next year, and then hope he'd be willing to come back at the MLE level with the understanding that he's competing with Jax for the starting Center spot in 2021.

That "team" BS from Windhorst still irks me. What a prick that guy is

Lose or win with Kings winning... We clinch the 10th lottery seed?

Damn... that's rough, but why.... Everyone else came to play in the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Lose or win with Kings winning... We clinch the 10th lottery seed?
    I think you are right.

Tillie is the perfect on paper fit in terms of skillset and role.

Udoka Azubuike is, for example, not that.
    Well now I'm pretty much convinced they should target Azubuike in the 2nd.

I think you are right.
    No I don't think so.

http://www.tankathon.com/

How about this trade?

Jrue Holiday and JJ Reddick

For

Victor Oladipo and Myles Turner

Lineup

PG: Ball/NAW
    SG: Oladipo/Hart/Jackson
    SF: Ingram/(Nesmith?)/Didi
    PF: Williamson/Melli
    C: Turner/Hayes
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-13-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Not interested in Oladipo tbh. Not much younger than Jrue, severe recent injury history, doesn't actually solve any of our problems at the guard spot, and when he has been able to get on the floor over the last two seasons he's been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How about this trade?

For

Lineup

I'll pass

Over/under on Jax becoming a good player?

How about this trade?

For

Lineup

Would much rather trade Lonzo for Dipo than Jrue, and don't even think the Pacers would do that, so...

How about this trade?

For

Lineup

Ehhhhhh... The options aren't really great. I thought my idea for Jrue for Levert and Allen was bad.

Then, I did the trade machine. Realized that you need to throw in Dimwit to make it work.

Which is a better trade... I guess

Jrue

For

Spenser Dimwiddle / Naw
    Caris Levert/ Reddick
    Ingram/Issac Okoro
    Zion/Melli
    Jarrett Allen/ Hayes

28-54 baby lol

Trade Ball. Still be about $35 mill in Cap space to get another vet big.

There is...

Paul Millsaps
    Serge Ibaka
    Andre Drummond
    Whiteside

Bring our ole boy Robin Lopez back home too.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-13-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Thread Information