Pelicans Report

Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Most of the trades I've proposed give us someone's 1st in 2020 or 2021. We'll also have our own first round picks going forward.

I think what you're confusing, is having a glut of picks, with having an additional pick in addition to ours. Getting picks outside of the lottery from Knicks, is not anything special on top of players who aren't anything special.

You're also very clearly making a different argument now, about how to rebuild, than your post from less than an hour ago, being critical of people proposing trades that didn't include shooters. I'll assume you realize you were being hypocritical and just tried to change the conversation to overall rebuilding strategy.

I won't ask you to explain for a 53rd time the obvious hypocrisy of loving a trade with no shooters, and criticizing others for proposing trades with no shooters. It's cruel of me. I'll stop.
    The trade I was responding to gave us the Lakers pick in 2021. So, basically, two seasons from now, we'll get LA's pick. Which, with Lebron, AD, and very possibly another star drawn by the addition of AD, will be like the 25th pick.

Kyrie isn't going to NY. Kemba isn't going to NY. If KD does go to NY, he won't play the entire year. The odds of a wild-card name like Kawhi joining AD in New York are extremely low, so while it is a gamble, it's a relatively safe gamble to assume that AD in New York next year still produces a very bad team. So getting the NY 2020 pick could very easily be top 5, again.

I'll assume you realize you were being hypocritical and just tried to change the conversation to overall rebuilding strategy.
    You can assume whatever you like. I have absolutely no regard for your opinion on anything, given your consistent inability to provide anything other than garbage tier analysis of disingenuous interpretations of other positions.

Explain to me again how and why'd you'd draft RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick in this Knicks deal that you love - the best asset in the deal - while simultaneously criticizing others for building a team around Zion with no shooting.
    Please show me where I said I'd draft RJ in that spot, with that pick, in that post? The value is in the ability to choose, and I've said multiple times of the last few weeks that I'm wavering on whether I'd pick RJ or Culver at that spot: specifically because Culver has shown the greater potential, and superior flashes of shooting from distance.

Nevermind. Don't. I'll stop.
    Please do, I think you've embarrassed yourself enough.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-15-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    Basketball.

We shouldn’t bring in players for the sake of it. Bring in players that are realistic long term pieces or picks. I’m not particularly crazy about wings and guards that can’t space the floor. JMO

Just acquiring assets without a plan is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We shouldn’t bring in players for the sake of it. Bring in players that are realistic long term pieces or picks. I’m not particularly crazy about wings and guards that can’t space the floor. JMO
    But!

And stay with me on this.

What about if that wing who can't space the floor, or defend, and will need paying big money in a year ALSO had a potentially career ending injury risk?

Still got doubts? What if I told you he has a 7'3 wingspan? You sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    But!

And stay with me on this.

What about if that wing who can't space the floor, or defend, and will need paying big money in a year ALSO had a potentially career ending injury risk?

Still got doubts? What if I told you he has a 7'3 wingspan? You sold?
    And what if that same player got bit by a radioactive spider?

Checkmate.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Trade's done.

Wow.

Ok. Good assets for the future. This will be good.

Remember to take the AD trade and draft lotto as a whole and throw Zion into the equation. Then it is a grand slam.

Well good luck to the lads. Not my preferred trade obviously, but at least Ball and Ingram have the physical tools.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ok. Good assets for the future. This will be good.

Remember to take the AD trade and draft lotto as a whole and throw Zion into the equation. Then it is a grand slam.
    We fill our roster at the very least. That draft pick can be huge if we do our homework.

The Franchise
    What if the holdup is Boston trying to sign and trade Rozier. Boston doesn’t want to give up picks so this is the only way I see that they can do that. So essentially we are waiting to finalize that 3rd team with both the lakers and Celtics. Personally the only way I want the lakers deals is if we are full rebuild and trading off ALL their players. Take Culver at 4 and see what you can get for Ingram and Ball prob shoot for future picks. Lakers have to take Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    What if the holdup is Boston trying to sign and trade Rozier. Boston doesn’t want to give up picks so this is the only way I see that they can do that. So essentially we are waiting to finalize that 3rd team with both the lakers and Celtics. Personally the only way I want the lakers deals is if we are full rebuild and trading off ALL their players. Take Culver at 4 and see what you can get for Ingram and Ball prob shoot for future picks. Lakers have to take Hill.
    It's done. It's over. Trade made.

The Lakers got the trade.

They aren't taking Hill. They're keeping Kuzma.

We fill our roster at the very least. That draft pick can be huge if we do our homework.
    Yes. Zion, the #4 pick, all of our future picks still here, now some Laker picks because they really can implode.....all of the Laker players can flop and Jrue can leave (which would be more assets) and that is a TON of ammo to be great for years to come if we draft and develop right.

Yes. Zion, the #4 pick, all of our future picks still here, now some Laker picks because they really can implode.....all of the Laker players can flop and Jrue can leave (which would be more assets) and that is a TON of ammo to be great for years to come if we draft and develop right.
    Lakers have Lebron James AND Anthony Davis, and $30m of cap space.

They're gonna sign someone like Butler or Kemba, and be a 45-50 win team next year. If we have their 2020 pick, it's going to be worth absolutely jack-fruit.

K my dudes who do we take with the 4th pick? Do we offload Jrue and slot Culver into the 2 or try to trade back? I really don’t like the 4th spot in this draft

The Franchise

They're gonna sign someone like Butler or Kemba, and be a 45-50 win team next year. If we have their 2020 pick, it's going to be worth absolutely jack-fruit.
    Well now we can try trading ball and Ingram but I doubt that happens either.

Those better be future first rounders, if it’s next years first it’s worth nothing because the lakers are gonna win it all now after they land AD and kawhi, better be like 2022 and 2024 first rounders

K my dudes who do we take with the 4th pick? Do we offload Jrue and slot Culver into the 2 or try to trade back? I really don’t like the 4th spot in this draft
    Draft Culver, keep Jrue, play Culver at the #3 (he's basically 6'7) and trade Ingram for the 10th pick from Atlanta.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I’ve been home all day...

The trade would happen as soon I head out with family...

It’s an official rebuild from the ground up, time to trade jrue too unfortunately

It's done.

The only bright side this should kill all that compete now nonsense.

Traded to the Lakers!!!

Ingram, Ball, Hart, #4, and 2 other 1sts!! So I guess it’s 2021(YES) & 2023

Sweet now we got 4 days to hopefully work out Hunter, Culver, & Garland

Yeah. But the #4 this year and ours.

Like. Our scouting and development needs to be on point but I'm talking about A LOT of opportunities to hit on players.

And let's say Ingram and Ball do work out. That's a lot of assets to net us supporting sharpshooters.

Draft Culver, keep Jrue, play Culver at the #3 (he's basically 6'7) and trade Ingram for the 10th pick from Atlanta.
    I’d do that in a heartbeat tbh. As bad as Ball is at shooting, i’d rather keep him over Ingram. He needs to live in the gym though and fix that shot

Yeah. But the #4 this year and ours.

Like. Our scouting and development needs to be on point but I'm talking about A LOT of opportunities to hit on players.

And let's say Ingram and Ball do work out. That's a lot of assets to net us supporting sharpshooters.
    I think Griff really, REALLY needs to prioritise shooting immediately.

I am not a huge fan of Garland, but I wouldn't even be too mad if he took Garland at #4 just to try and get someone who can actually hit a shot from further than 15 feet.

I dont like this trade. Where is Kuzma and why Hill is still here? We should wait until 1 of July. Is Ingram really healthy?

Thread Information