Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Pelicans May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Injury situation is much the same as last game, but NAW is probable! Which is good! We'll see if Ingram comes back or not, also.

Tonight we take on the 33-34 Charlotte Hornets, a team that has been surprisingly good this year and which has benefited from a few years of good drafting: LaMelo has returned and has been far better far quicker than most anticipated, PJ Washington has been really good for them in his sophomore season, and Gordon Hayward has been good. Combine that with solid play from Rozier, good shooting from Graham, and Miles Bridges putting a lot of it together this year, and they've been solid and have a good future. Unfortunately for them, both Bridges and Haywood are out tonight, with Devonte Graham being day-to-day at this point.

Hornets are 19th in Drtg and 17th Ortg, and have won 3 of their last 5; LaMelo is back and has been playing well for them, recovering from his injury in time to see out the regular season and even potentially getting some playoff experience. Sitting in 8th, the Hornets are currently in good standing for the play ins which gives them something to really play for.

Let's see what happens tonight.

In Other Games: Tonight the Bulls take on one of the worst teams in the NBA, the Pistons. Another win from them helps us with lottery odds. The Thunder also play the Kings: we're hoping for a Kings win here.
    Basketball.

Hopefully Charlotte not to rough on us.

Cool on NAW. If Didi can replace Iwundu's minutes, that's a nice 10-man tankish rotation to end the season.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Cool on NAW. If Didi can replace Iwundu's minutes, that's a nice 10-man tankish rotation to end the season.
    My friend, how can you say that? Nobody, even DiDi himself hasn't any idea if he can sustain his, already limited, game at this level. I do hope you are right, though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Money Well Spent!!!

Now if I were Griff, I might appeal the fine to keep the story alive. I would want to get every dollar's worth of press coverage on this matter. The inequity in officiating needs to remain at the forefront public discourse until something is done by the league to address it.

Unfortunately, it IS the squeaky wheel that always gets the grease (or the guy who always flops and complains).
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-09-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    My friend, how can you say that? Nobody, even DiDi himself hasn't any idea if he can sustain his, already limited, game at this level. I do hope you are right, though!!!
    Sustain? What "limited" game? He has yet to play an NBA minute.

We got OKC vs. SAc tonight as well. Tank city.

Sustain? What "limited" game? He has yet to play an NBA minute.
    This past year he shot less than 40% overall (less than 30% from three) and shot less than 70% from the line in Australia, and his calling card (allegedly) is his shooting prowess? I have an open mind, but on face value, I don't see much here. Also, his defense is a work in progress.

Note: Highlight tubes are just that...HIGHLIGHT TUBES!!!. Buyer Beware!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-09-2021 at 01:21 PM.

This past year he shot less than 40% overall (less than 30% from three) and shot less than 70% from the line in Australia, and his calling card (allegedly) is his shooting prowess? I have an open mind, but on face value, I don't see much here. Also, his defense is a work in progress.

Jesus fn Christ dude. I simply said it'd be a nice rotation to see to close the year. Thats it. Thats all. We've seen enough of Wes Iwundu. Is that ok????

Nobody said he'll come in and score 25 points per game on 80% shooting. I also don't care what Didi shot in Australia.

Here's a hint, anytime I say anything about any player....It's not based on "HIGHLIGHT TUBES". Like when I kept talking about Naji? It's because I watched hours of unedited Xavier GAMES.

Calm your depression.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-09-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Jesus fn Christ dude. I simply said it'd be a nice rotation to see to close the year. Thats it. Thats all. We've seen enough of Wes Iwundu. Is that ok????

Nobody said he'll come in and score 25 points per game on 80% shooting.

Here's a hint, anytime I say anything about any player....It's not based on "HIGHLIGHT TUBES". Like when I kept talking about Naji? It's because I watched hours of unedited Xavier GAMES.

Calm your depression.
    I've always been very respectful of you. Take your fowl mouth Sunday posts somewhere else.

Nobody said he'll come in and score 25 points per game on 80% shooting. I also don't care what Didi shot in Australia.

Calm your depression.
    People who get all their information from youtube channels with names like BUCKETSQUAD find it impossible to understand that some people actually just watch a lot of film.

I personally don't have massive hopes for Didi but I agree with you: can't hurt to see him, if he's good to go. What's the worst that could happen, we lose? Oh no, woe is me.

I've always been very respectful of you. Take your fowl mouth Sunday posts somewhere else.
    Nothing he said was foul mouthed towards you

You have the biggest God Complex of all time

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Happy Sunday everyone! I’m hoping y’all took care of Mom today!

I refuse to believe I have been surpassed
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    As I See It = McNamara's conspiracy theorist alter-ego.

I am going to start assuming that all of the posters who have opinions that I disagree with are all alt's of each other. So, there are like 4 posters on this board with 10+ alters each

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

His calling card is his defense!

Thanks for the complement!!

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

He just meant fowl as in Pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    As I See It = McNamara's conspiracy theorist alter-ego.
    donato = Resident Fool
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-09-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am going to start assuming that all of the posters who have opinions that I disagree with are all alt's of each other. So, there are like 4 posters on this board with 10+ alters each
    True Dat!!!

Here's hoping for a useful L.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    Here's hoping for a useful L.
    This one scares me a little. They could win this as is.

Thread Information