Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: November 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea no kidding! That’s the funny part is Gentry getting all the blame like we were suppose to be the best team in the NBA. We are one of the youngest groups with the biggest roster turnover in the NBA. A few bounces our way and this is a winning team.
    PELSLIFE

If people really want change then what is all the crying about? You think Gentry is gone if this team makes the playoffs? No you are looking at a contract extension. Maybe try to actually take from this team what you should be.. Or stay miserable the rest of the season..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-04-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    PELSLIFE
    PELSLIFE is all about the journey! Will soon be risen from the dead by ZION!!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    PELSLIFE is all about the journey! Will soon be risen from the dead by ZION!!
    Zion isn’t fixing this.

5 of the next 7 are at home. Not that it matters with the worst defense in the history of the NBA.

I’m worried Alvin is going to corrupt Zion.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If people really want change then what is all the crying about? You think Gentry is gone if this team makes the playoffs? No you are looking at a contrast extension. Maybe try to actually take from this team what you should be.. Or stay miserable the rest of the season..
    It's a win-win. We stink and finish as a top 4 lotto team, we get yet another great player (no doubt a big or can't miss point) because I have full faith in our scouting department now, or we sneak into the playoffs and get some experience.

Though I do worry that if we sneak in, Gentry would get yet another season. He needs to go after this year. I only tolerate him because the team underachieving means we get a lotto pick. I'm not for T-wording, but sucking isn't the worst thing except for watching us lose.

If people really want change then what is all the crying about? You think Gentry is gone if this team makes the playoffs? No you are looking at a contrast extension. Maybe try to actually take from this team what you should be.. Or stay miserable the rest of the season..
    Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    5 of the next 7 are at home. Not that it matters with the worst defense in the history of the NBA.
    Don’t forget the worst coach

Unless Zion is MJ or Lebron, this is a lottery team, and it shouldn’t be.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Isn’t it fitting the same people that defended Demps are defending Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m worried Alvin is going to corrupt Zion.
    That doesn't make sense. Ingram is having a career start to the season, and it's in an isolated vacuum? Gentry isn't corrupting him? Or Josh Hart? Or Zo's shot?

Brandon Ingram can become someone special - great game!

Jrue is not a MVP type player - period.

We are fighting but losing with ourselves ...

#WorkInProgress

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Ding ding ding.

Basketball Guru
    we need a big who is all about rebounding with some post up offense....defensive scheme is all new with new players learning both ends of the court...defense should come together next month I hope....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Ingram is having a career start to the season, and it's in an isolated vacuum? Gentry isn't corrupting him? Or Josh Hart? Or Zo's shot?
    No, I don’t want that kid to see what losing consistently is like. I’m not talking game play. I mean the consistent losing and making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    we need a big who is all about rebounding with some post up offense....defensive scheme is all new with new players learning both ends of the court...defense should come together next month I hope....
    I hope we don’t do any more roster turnover. I like the roster and strongly believe this team is great with a good coach.

The Franchise
    I'd start Hayes with Melli.. He gives us much needed mobility, and energy on the interior.

We'd also be able to move Ingram back to the 3, which would help with our perimeter D.

Basketball Guru
    I hope we don’t do any more roster turnover. I like the roster and strongly believe this team is great with a good coach.
    we can move moore for a rebounding big...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So this BI debate is over right? I offer him a contract on the plane. Name your price.
    He was outrageous tonight. Simply spectacular.

Another game where they didnt get woefully outrebounded. But the timing of the offensive rebounds were just the worst.

Jrue just seems to be moving like a turtle out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think Gayle might be afraid to fire him.
    Yep.

Just think about how good he will be in his prime age 26 and 15-20 pounds heavier...

Shades of a smaller Giannis (although they have the same wingspan) but with guard shooting and skills

No, I don’t want that kid to see what losing consistently is like. I’m not talking game play. I mean the consistent losing and making excuses.
    There was no iteration of possibility where we skip the rebuild right into being a contender. Maybe we could've overachieved and gotten further than we should've...but I don't know if that's the best for our long term outlook. And to speak on this abstract whatever you're talking about as corrupting is without merit. I mean, the Sixers went from a garbage team to one of the NBAs finest.

Did losing corrupt Embiid? Giannis wasn't always a Finals contender. They were 33-49 just four seasons ago.

Thread Information