Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    LMAO - Wouldnt be one of the top 10 offers.
    Im sure a younger player or 2 would need to be included. Jones, Murphy, Daniels. Might as well dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Lakers can't trade any picks for a few more seasons.
    Right. But it has been discussed that they could trade their 2027 and even 2029 if they're desperate enough.

My semi-realistic no BI or Zion deal is Herb, Trey, JV, Lakers 2024, Bucks 2027, next years pick (top 1 protected), and whatever other pick of ours they want.

They asked it on In the No with KOC, would you rather trade BI or Zion for KD?
    Welcome to be here

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Im sure a younger player or 2 would need to be included. Jones, Murphy, Daniels. Might as well dream.
    BI, Trey, Jax, Kira 2023 first, lakers 2024, our 2025... honestly would add Daniels or more picks if needed

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    My semi-realistic no BI or Zion deal is Herb, Trey, JV, Lakers 2024, Bucks 2027, next years pick (top 1 protected), and whatever other pick of ours they want.

They asked it on In the No with KOC, would you rather trade BI or Zion for KD?
    There is no such thing as a realistic trade that does not involve BI or Zion
    @mcnamara247

Personally, not even remotely interested in trading 10 players and 30 FRPs to acquire the 34 year old who has played 80 games in the last 3 years due to severe lower body injury, who has already said he doesn't want to be here. Just me, though.
    Basketball.

Not trading B.I if he’s a younger kd with more fire

I?d do cj and some picks and Alvarado isn?t he from NY

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I’d do cj and some picks
    Brooklyn wouldn't.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    love BI but id trade him in a second for kd

I wouldn’t trade BI or Zion for KD at his age. Anyone else though is up for grabs.

lmfaoooooo Lakers continue Lakering

I'd rather win small for a while with what we have than try to win big with KD

Kd 35 we know what he is Brandon is unknown potential I like to gamble

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Look guys. Can we not? We ain’t in this. We got CJ. That’s gonna need to be enough. Just chill and enjoy our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There is no such thing as a realistic trade that does not involve BI or Zion
    Brooklyn won’t get anyone near as good as BI or Zion in the trade they settle for. Bank on it. Draft picks will be the feature with a younger player or 2 with the ceiling of Herro (not that great).

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Look guys. Can we not? We ain’t in this. We got CJ. That’s gonna need to be enough. Just chill and enjoy our current situation.
    Not only are we not in it, I'm also not interested in trying to get into it. We've just got a fun team that looks like it can win games, compete in the playoffs, and have room to continue growing for the next half decade. I'm not sure why the desire to absolutely gut the roster for someone who brings so much drama and doesn't even guarantee deep playoff runs in the east anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I'd rather win small for a while with what we have than try to win big with KD
    I hate this mindset. I want a chip.

But that's beyond the point. KD is going to Pheonix. Ayton is the best player on the table.

Cj with Ben Simmons will be a good one two and our picks are a Zion injury away from being valuable makes us instant favorites

Nets with Ayton, Simmons, and (Player C from Kyrie trade) ain't all that bad. Kyrie probably ends up in Miami. Nets got some beta personalities tho. Probably Hero and Lowry

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    with KD we have a legit title chance.. gotta try if it's available

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    with KD we have a legit title chance.. gotta try if it's available
    It's really not. We have nothing to outbid an Ayton trade

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

lmfaoooooo Lakers continue Lakering
    I am sure that is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I am sure that is a joke.
    I am choosing to believe it because it is

A) Funny
    and
    B) At the Lakers' expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I hate this mindset. I want a chip.

But that's beyond the point. KD is going to Pheonix. Ayton is the best player on the table.
    I am genuinely asking because I have never understood - what does the 'chip do re: joy, happiness, etc? People will say its a fantastic feeling when it happens and "banners fly forever" etc, but I just dont buy that. I think the joy comes from seeing the guys evolve and grind and run into walls one year, then jump over them the next, hit a new wall and then finally overcome to win. But its the players you connect with, that you see come up and root for and feel their failures, and then the joy comes from their success.

Yes, the franchise itself winning is awesome but I just dont believe that it would have been blissful if the Saints traded away Brees for a mercenary season of Favre and won it that way in 2010. But maybe that is just me getting older and finding the joy in the humans and the process, and not the end result as much

Thread Information