Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

2022-23 Offseason Thread

Trade Graham, 2nd round picks, (maybe Temple) for Alec Burks.

Draft Sharpe

Sign Dedmon with MLE

Sign Ty Jerome with Min

PG: McCollum/ Alvarado/ Jerome
    SG: Jones/ Burks/Sharpe
    SF: Ingram/Murphy/ Marshall
    PF: Zion/Hayes/ Nance
    C: JV, Dedmon, Willie

If we can keep both Nance and Hayes then that is gravy but i feel like they will be competing. Hayes played well in late season run and Nance showed he was valuable in playoffs. I think it will come down to Hayes three point shooting development.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 05-13-2022 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Trade Graham, 2nd round picks, (maybe Temple) for Alec Burks.

Draft Sharpe

Sign Dedmon with MLE

Sign Ty Jerome with Min

PG: McCollum/ Alvarado/ Jerome
    SG: Jones/ Burks/Sharpe
    SF: Ingram/Murphy/ Marshall
    PF: Zion/Hayes/ Nance
    C: JV, Dedmon, Willie

If we can keep both Nance and Hayes then that is gravy but i feel like they will be competing. Hayes played well in late season run and Nance showed he was valuable in playoffs. I think it will come down to Hayes three point shooting development.
    What happened to Kira Lewis?
    Ty Jerome isn't a FA.

New Orleans has no shortage of ball-handlers who are capable of initiating offense between CJ McCollum and Brandon Ingram, plus the expected return of sensational forward Zion Williamson. Yet as Devonte' Graham slipped out of the Pelicans' postseason rotation, league figures have mentioned the 27-year-old as a potential trade candidate this offseason.

New Orleans is not motivated to part ways with Graham as it was with Eric Bledsoe last summer, sources said. Graham's decline in minutes during the playoffs may have been more a result of injury misfortune than a personnel decision by head coach Willie Green.

But the Pelicans' front office has swung a significant trade in most of the recent major transaction windows, from the trade deadline to the draft and free agency. They will be focused on finding upgrades to their rotation, sources said, with a clear goal of building off this season's surprise postseason appearance.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs?share=other

Watching the playoffs gives the feeling that maybe the Pelicans need to just go for it. Dont think the NBA has ever been this wide open. No matter who wins this might be one of the worst NBA champions ever this year.

Ayton getting traded this offseason gonna be a wild ride. I guess he'll go to Toronto for Spicy P. Really wild how the Suns are in a weird spot.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-16-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Do we get involved or give the money to Zion ?

No reason to give max to a center like Ayton. Very good player, but not a top game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No reason to give max to a center like Ayton. Very good player, but not a top game changer.
    I would consider JV, Temple, and Graham for Ayton and Holiday on a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I would consider JV, Temple, and Graham for Ayton and Holiday on a sign and trade.
    Of course you would. Why would Phoenix?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Just because...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Just because...

Yes! That is the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Of course you would. Why would Phoenix?
    Because they are off of Ayton, and will need an affordable replacement Center.

To steal from you:

I say JV's "a very good player, but not a top game changer."
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-17-2022 at 06:03 PM.

Because they are off of Ayton, and will need an affordable replacement Center.

To steal from you:

I say JV's "a very good player, but not a top game changer."
    The cardinal sin of fans making fake trades is they think it is A or B, instead of A or B or C or D or E or F.......

By that I mean, your argument makes sense that Jonas is a solid get for Phoenix if their only options were to max Ayton or take Jonas. But in reality, you have to compete with up to 28 other teams in the trade market. Meaning you have to make the best offer of everyone. And then, when you are in the same conference, you usually need to make the best offer plus 10%

All that to say, this would not be close to the best offer the Suns would get for Ayton
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The cardinal sin of fans making fake trades is they think it is A or B, instead of A or B or C or D or E or F.......

By that I mean, your argument makes sense that Jonas is a solid get for Phoenix if their only options were to max Ayton or take Jonas. But in reality, you have to compete with up to 28 other teams in the trade market. Meaning you have to make the best offer of everyone. And then, when you are in the same conference, you usually need to make the best offer plus 10%

All that to say, this would not be close to the best offer the Suns would get for Ayton
    Oh, I agree, Mac. I'm just saying what the Pelicans could offer.

I mean they COULD offer more. Way more.

Would Graham and Temples be enough to take Duncan off Miamis' hands?

If the draft goes:

1. ORL- Smith
    2. OKC- Holmgren
    3. HOU- Banchero
    4. SAC- Sharpe
    5. DET- Ivey

Then I would offer this trade to the Pacers…

Hayes, Graham, Temple, 8th pick and our top 4 protected 2023 pick

For

Buddy Hield (6th man shooter) and 6. Kenneth Murray (PF who serves as Zion insurance and is a ready to contribute big.

Roster:

PG: McCullum/Alvarado/Lewis
    SG: Ingram/Hield/2nd round pick
    SF: Jones/Murphy/Marshall
    PF: Williamson/Murray/2nd round pick
    C: Valanciunas/Nance Jr./Hernangomez

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Would Graham and Temples be enough to take Duncan off Miamis' hands?
    Okay, lets say you do that. And then you take a guy at 8. Show me the rotation and justify the 18 mil to Robinson (given the relatively few minutes you will give him) or give him a good amount of minutes and then show me how you give Trey the expanded minutes he deserves.

Could you get him? Sure. Would it be a wise move? I think not (you will see after you do that exercise)

Possibly trade #8 and Graham to move down in the draft. Keep everyone else and see how the team is doing by next season's trade deadline.

Well, looks like someone would give up more than me and get less. In the final analysis, it all depends on how much Phoenix is willing to pay him.

https://nbaanalysis.net/2022/05/23/n...free-agency/2/

No, in the end, it would depend on what the other 28 teams are willing to offer for him. THAT is what will matter

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    If the draft goes:

1. ORL- Smith
    2. OKC- Holmgren
    3. HOU- Banchero
    4. SAC- Sharpe
    5. DET- Ivey

Then I would offer this trade to the Pacers…

Hayes, Graham, Temple, 8th pick and our top 4 protected 2023 pick

For

Buddy Hield (6th man shooter) and 6. Kenneth Murray (PF who serves as Zion insurance and is a ready to contribute big.

Roster:

PG: McCullum/Alvarado/Lewis
    SG: Ingram/Hield/2nd round pick
    SF: Jones/Murphy/Marshall
    PF: Williamson/Murray/2nd round pick
    C: Valanciunas/Nance Jr./Hernangomez
    If you do that, you're losing the pickswap option with the Lakers next year. I like Murray alot, but I'm not giving up that pickswap for Murray and Hield.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No, in the end, it would depend on what the other 28 teams are willing to offer for him. THAT is what will matter
    I poorly worded my post, Mac. I was trying to say that whether he's traded or not is dependent on Phoenix's offer.

Surely, Phoenix would entertain the best offer especially if they came from an Eastern Conference team.

Has anyone seen Shamit's proposal for Mo Bamba?

I just can't see how he only signs for 4/44 and the Pels get to offload DG and some 2nd rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Has anyone seen Shamit's proposal for Mo Bamba?

I just can't see how he only signs for 4/44 and the Pels get to offload DG and some 2nd rounders.
    He's guessing just like you are. Them taking back Graham doesn't make such sense with Cole Anthony, Suggs, Fultz, Hampton all getting minutes there. And can't really see a 3rd team taking Graham for 2nds.

Thread Information