Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call: Summer League

Pelicans Roll Call: Summer League

Hi All,

I live in Los Angeles so it’s obviously much easier (and cheaper) to make it out to Vegas for the summer league games.

Is anyone planning on attending any of the games this year? I’ve never attended but with the vast number of rookies that will be playing I plan on going to a few of the games!

I don’t know if Zion will be playing. If he does I’ll probably try and make it out to every game. Seeing that flying to Vegas is cheaper for me to watch him than flying to Louisiana.

Going to book my flights and get tickets as soon as the schedule comes out for our games VS the Lakers in Louisiana.

Zion. Jax. Didi. Championship.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

AD didn't play....but AD is a *****.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    AD didn't play....but AD is a *****.
    He was on Team USA for the Olympics

Think if Zion were to do anything it would be to go hang out with team USA like Davis did.

No problem with him not playing. Nothing for him to prove in summer league. More interested in seeing the rest of the guys get their feet wet.

Too bad NBA reddit streams is down. Going to be harder to catch the games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Think if Zion were to do anything it would be to go hang out with team USA like Davis did.

No problem with him not playing. Nothing for him to prove in summer league. More interested in seeing the rest of the guys get their feet wet.

Too bad NBA reddit streams is down. Going to be harder to catch the games this year.
    I can watch most of the games her locally three spectrum. I think they pretty much show all the games now. Summer leagues has become a huge hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

just google stream and whatever channel the game is on. Easy to find

Did Griff say anything about Summer League for Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Did Griff say anything about Summer League for Zion?
    I don’t believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    He was on Team USA for the Olympics
    Ok. But he's still a *****. Lol

When does summer league start ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    When does summer league start ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It starts July 5th and ends on the 15th.

I would not mind if Zion did not even play in the summer league. If he does play, I hope it is one game or very limited minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would not mind if Zion did not even play in the summer league. If he does play, I hope it is one game or very limited minutes.
    I go back and forth on it.

One side of me says don’t risk it.

The other side of me says... are you really worried about injuries already!? Is he more likely to get hirt in a summer league game vs a regular season game?

Both arguments are valid.

I think I’d like to see him play 2 games then shut him down if you see no further benefit.

I think it’s good for the rookies as well if he plays. They are a tram and a family. The rookies should go out and win together... including Zion.

I don't see a ton of benefit. I don't think Hayes or Walker will be playing (at least the early games) as that trade will not be finalized until July 6. Most of the people playing, on both sides, are players who will not even be in the NBA next season. I always have found summer league games to be like a pickup game and somewhat reckless. I see it as more of a tryout by fringe players trying to get only a training camp roster.

Well I guess 3 players on the Summer League team will be Zylam Cheatham, Aubrey Dawkins, and Javon Bess..
    Last edited by redrum; 06-21-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Well I guess 3 players on the Summer League team will be Zylam Cheatham, Aubrey Dawkins, and Javon Bess..
    I'm thinking you can add Hayes, NAW, Blueitt (healthy?) ... interesting stuff going on and I hope Frank Jackson is keeping active and getting more consistent...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

At least Didi found a Pelicans hat for an interview instead of wearing a Nets or Hawks hat or whatever team "drafted" him. they need to change that garbage. It's a buzzkill for the player and fans already know the deal.

Like I said before, you can never have enough Brazilians on the roster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	didi_ala_500x320_21062019150144.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	6449

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    At least Didi found a Pelicans hat for an interview instead of wearing a Nets or Hawks hat or whatever team "drafted" him.
    I like to imagine he found whoever was wearing the #57 hat and fought them for it.
    Basketball.

So because of the NBA’s crappy rules, players that were in trades won’t be able to play right away in summer league. So Hayes, NAW, & de Silva won’t be able to play in the first game. We play the Knicks July 5! Zion versus RJ battle!!

They won’t even be able to practice before either, so I guess they will just be thrown in there the second game. Hopefully they get one practice in before that second game.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-22-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    At least Didi found a Pelicans hat for an interview instead of wearing a Nets or Hawks hat or whatever team "drafted" him. they need to change that garbage. It's a buzzkill for the player and fans already know the deal.

Like I said before, you can never have enough Brazilians on the roster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	didi_ala_500x320_21062019150144.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	6449
    I dont think his pick was part of a trade. Was an original Pelicans pick.

Frank said in his exit interview that he would be playing in the summer league. I hope that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Frank said in his exit interview that he would be playing in the summer league. I hope that changes.
    Why? Frank hasn't surpassed Summer League caliber or anything. It could do him well to get a little run with Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I dont think his pick was part of a trade. Was an original Pelicans pick.
    He was drafted with the #35 pick we got from Atlanta. So no, he can't play the first game either.

You know, the NBA really isn't doing their teams any favors here. How hard would it be to make summer league start on the 10th or 12th so all the pre-draft and draft day trades can execute?

They also get a watch with the teams logo on it. So Hayes will get a nice Hawks watch and NAW will get a nice Nets watch to boot.

Thread Information