Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Guy eavesdrops on Demps dinner conversation (re: draft) and posts info to twitter

I'm not really on the Drummond bandwagon, prospects normally labeled Boom or Bust for me normally turn out for the bust. But hey anything can happen.
    Last edited by Nsingh93; 06-25-2012 at 08:28 AM.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    No way Demps would pass up Drummond for Zeller.
    Zero chance. Just my opinion though.
    Wherehappens.

the closer we get to the draft the more im hoping we draft Meyers Leonard, hire Hakeem Olajuwon as an assistant coach and let him work with Davis and Leonard for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    the closer we get to the draft the more im hoping we draft Meyers Leonard, hire Hakeem Olajuwon as an assistant coach and let him work with Davis and Leonard for the next 5 years.
    Oh yeah!

So Dell outlined the entirety of the Hornets draft preparations/plans during one dinner conversation? I'm not doubting what was tweeted isn't true, but I'd take it all with a grain of salt. I wouldn't worry about the names not mentioned or those even mentioned. The Hornets have done their due diligence on all the players in the draft. Just because Dell didn't mention Zeller during one dinner convo, doesn't mean we aren't looking at him.
    Last edited by eballa1; 06-25-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Zero chance. Just my opinion though.
    Sometimes players aren't even on a team's board. They wouldn't pick him at all, even if it was the 2nd round.

I'm not saying that's the case with Drummond at all, I'm just saying that happens, and its possible.

These guys have the benefit of workout film, of INTERVIEWS, of game film, etc. We don't have that.

I don't know that there's no chance the Hornets pass on Drummond. Teams like San Antonio make a living on not making a mistake. With Drummond, you have at least a 50/50 shot of being disappointed with the player he becomes. I could see Demps passing on him, as the previous 9 teams before us would have.

One guy I can see Monty being intrigued with is Perry Jones. I can see him wanting to take up that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    One guy I can see Monty being intrigued with is Perry Jones. I can see him wanting to take up that challenge.
    This. PJ3 has one of the highest ceilings in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I don't think he does outside of his height and athleticism. He doesn't have a reliable perimeter game and is not a post presence. Not sure he will be anything more than just a solid player.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I just don't think this is true, I really don't. I was high on him prior to the combine but after seeing his and Lamb's interviews I'm just turned off by both of them. You can say you're "dedicated" all you want but when I see in your face that you're not, I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    I don't know that there's no chance the Hornets pass on Drummond. Teams like San Antonio make a living on not making a mistake. With Drummond, you have at least a 50/50 shot of being disappointed with the player he becomes. I could see Demps passing on him, as the previous 9 teams before us would have.

Doesn't Perry Jones have a fairly high bust potential, too? Maybe not 50/50, but its somewhere around there. All I've heard is "hall of fame or out of the NBA in 3 years."
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Doesn't Perry Jones have a fairly high bust potential, too? Maybe not 50/50, but its somewhere around there. All I've heard is "hall of fame or out of the NBA in 3 years."
    I think the bust potential is higher on PJIII than Drummond. Way higher.

I don't know.. I think he's a role player at worst.

Cant rule out pj3 because every year guys with less post moves and perimeter game go high based of athleticism.

Like Aminu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I don't think he does outside of his height and athleticism. He doesn't have a reliable perimeter game and is not a post presence. Not sure he will be anything more than just a solid player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I just don't think this is true, I really don't. I was high on him prior to the combine but after seeing his and Lamb's interviews I'm just turned off by both of them. You can say you're "dedicated" all you want but when I see in your face that you're not, I just don't know.
    HEY! I have faith in the guy! I think this guy seriously has unlimited potential, problem is like Purple Haze said, its all in dedication. Something we can't necessarily gauge until he is on the team practicing every day. I think if he has dedication to be a better player, the sky is the limit for him.

Yeah I don't think this changes much at all, and its funny that Jeremy Lamb took a shot at his teammate Drummondm said he CAN be good, IF HE WANTS TO
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornets7 View Post
    Cant rule out pj3 because every year guys with less post moves and perimeter game go high based of athleticism.

Like Aminu.
    Not related to this post at all... but hot damn, who is that chick in your avatar... #DEMCURVES

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Not related to this post at all... but hot damn, who is that chick in your avatar... #DEMCURVES
    I asked the homie that like last month -- no response. Dude is seriously "avi-blocking" something serious. #AVIBLOCKINSUMSERIOUS

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Yeah I don't think this changes much at all, and its funny that Jeremy Lamb took a shot at his teammate Drummondm said he CAN be good, IF HE WANTS TO
    Drummond should be good without even trying to.

Oh wait, that might be the problem.

Man, this guy seems to have been right on some stuff. It's kind of upsetting because Portland may have waited to take him at 11 if it weren't for this.

I actually know this guy. He is now known as Twittergate (best nickname ever). Nice dude.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    Man, this guy seems to have been right on some stuff. It's kind of upsetting because Portland may have waited to take him at 11 if it weren't for this.
    Teams don't base their drafts off of rumors from credible sources, they sure don't base their drafts off a guys twitter feed.
    @DanielVeuleman

i forgot how great this thread was

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm shocked it only got to 7 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Teams don't base their drafts off of rumors from credible sources, they sure don't base their drafts off a guys twitter feed.
    I'm just dreaming about how great that would've been.

Thread Information