Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AD Parts Ways With His Agent

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They aren’t even hiding it anymore. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24950482

I am filled with such rage.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    They aren’t even hiding it anymore. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24950482

I am filled with such rage.
    Been saying it for years. NBA culture is cancerous.

Banned
    Last edited by Toad504; 10-12-2018 at 12:41 PM.

This is a failing of the NBA CBA and why eventually small markets are going to force for something equivalent to the Franchise tag in the NFL.

*IF* AD turns down the supermax extension something has to be done. We are a team that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs where we went against the repeated world champs. We brought back all of the key players from the playoffs.

I don't care if the tag is $50m/yr or w/e it is. Teams need to be able to hold on to their once in a generation player without the constant threat of the player being able to force their way out and without the media having a constant designed campaign to try and get the player traded.

*cries in a corner*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is ridiculous. I still have a fairly large (and I think justified) hope that AD will resign, but at this point the campaign against us is almost deafening. I know that obviously ESPN/Fox Sports/etc are not actually a part of the NBA and therefore it's impossible for the NBA itself to force something to stop this kind of talk, but another part of me still wants Adam Silver to issue tampering fines to every sports journalist who entertains this trash.
    Basketball.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is ridiculous. I still have a fairly large (and I think justified) hope that AD will resign, but at this point the campaign against us is almost deafening. I know that obviously ESPN/Fox Sports/etc are not actually a part of the NBA and therefore it's impossible for the NBA itself to force something to stop this kind of talk, but another part of me still wants Adam Silver to issue tampering fines to every sports journalist who entertains this trash.
    Why would Adam Silver do that? This is big bucks for him if AD find a way to Lakers or Celtics. I'm sure he is enjoying this discussion. Especially on his own network.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    Why would Adam Silver do that? This is big bucks for him if AD find a way to Lakers or Celtics. I'm sure he is enjoying this discussion. Especially on his own network.
    Well, there's a difference between what Silver would do, and what he should do.

Of course you're right, AD to a big contending market is a good thing for Silver and the NBA in terms of financial gain and media hype. So even if he could fine, say, Stephen A Smith, he wouldn't.

But if he could fine SAS, or ESPN in general, or whatever, he should because it is clearly in violation of the tampering rule. Now, I'm aware that the NBA takes tampering about as seriously as I take claims that Giannis is better than AD, but still, at least on paper, it is tampering.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, there's a difference between what Silver would do, and what he should do.

Of course you're right, AD to a big contending market is a good thing for Silver and the NBA in terms of financial gain and media hype. So even if he could fine, say, Stephen A Smith, he wouldn't.

But if he could fine SAS, or ESPN in general, or whatever, he should because it is clearly in violation of the tampering rule. Now, I'm aware that the NBA takes tampering about as seriously as I take claims that Giannis is better than AD, but still, at least on paper, it is tampering.

How is it tampering if this is what Davis wants and feeding SAS? Has AD told them they are wrong yet? Even If it is just an opinion you can prove that opinion tampering .

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    How is it tampering if this is what Davis wants and feeding SAS? Has AD told them they are wrong yet? Even If it is just an opinion you can prove that opinion tampering .
    We have absolutely no way of knowing whether Davis is feeding anything to anyone.

If SAS was a rival GM, and he went on television and said that Davis has no chance of winning in New Orleans, and needs to leave for the sake of his legacy, and he should go to X team despite the loss of the supermax, etc etc, he would get fined for tampering. Even if he said it was just his opinion.

Now in my completely hypothetical, non-real, fictional world where the NBA legitimately cares about tampering, and also has the ability to fine people who aren't even working for them, an analyst saying the same would be tampering. I agree that the NBA can't actually do that, and I also agree that the NBA shouldn't be allowed to do that. But that's when I'm thinking rationally. When I'm just irritated and annoyed at the blatant collusion of the media to try and force small market stars out to bigger teams, I am allowed to construct hypothetical scenarios which illustrate that frustration.

Imo, if we do the same as last season or better, we have a chance of him staying. Anything less and he'll be letting us know that he won't resign with us and it might be best for us to trade him while we can still get a return.

Thread Information