Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Go Head FRANK!

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Zion is out for the rest of the game. Took knee to knee contact and they are just being extremely cautious.
    We all want to see Him playing but this is the right decisions.

Intense defense and hitting the glass...but what do I know?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we don't need another scorer in Frank Jackson, then we don't need Frank Jackson at all.

He won't become a much better passer. Experience will allow him to do better on the pick and roll, but his skills are most geared towards scoring. All we can really hope is that he becomes at least average defensively and does well enough to earn his way to being a proper trade asset down the line.

People talking down Jackson don’t know what they are talking about. He is a scorer, he is not going to CP3 things. He is going to last in this league as a scorer.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thank Goodness Jackson got his head on straight. that was a terrible 1st followed by steady improvement the next 2 qtrs.

All-Star
    Frank Jackson ��������

Fizdale's gotta be depressed knowing that he's watching a Summer League team containing 4/5 of his actual starting lineup next year get turned into paste by a Pelicans squad made up of three undrafted free agents, Frank Jackson, and Kenrich Williams.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If we don't need another scorer in Frank Jackson, then we don't need Frank Jackson at all.
    So be it.

I am old school and this crap crap twitting that a guy is all washed up after watching the first half is a load. You know the butterflies will be there. Several guys have settled down and played their game without Williamson.

This team can use Frank. He is growing as a player, and he has made some nice defensive plays. He will get some spin this year.

He won't become a much better passer. Experience will allow him to do better on the pick and roll, but his skills are most geared towards scoring. All we can really hope is that he becomes at least average defensively and does well enough to earn his way to being a proper trade asset down the line.
    Can never have too many gifted scorers. Especially on the bench. We of all fanbases know injuries happen. He can pass when he draws attention from scoring.

He turned into the best player on the floor against a SL team featuring some of best SL talent.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Frank Jackson, i'll allow the ballhogging as long as you keep scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I do think that we aren't in as desperate need for another ball handler as some people have been making out.

The problem for Frank is, I also don't think we're in super extra desperate need for one-dimensional scorers either.

If he wants a place on this team, getting actual rotation minutes in the regular season, then he has to be able to do more than one thing. Right now, he can't. He can score points, for himself, and that's it. If I want someone to score points for themselves, we already have MULTIPLE guys better than him at doing so.
    I get that.

I feel like we could use him more as an off the ball scorer but I can dig your take.

Maybe next game will be a little better. Our offensive and defensive gameplay strikes me as more vanilla than the Knicks. Maybe that's because they are experienced. Just seems like they are trying a gameplan and we're just like "go out and run it like on the playground."
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Clearly Zion is holding us back.

Trade him.
    Total bust...can only dunk

An explosive scorer at the end of the bench is worth it. Hopefully Frank surpasses that, but I’ll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I am old school and this crap crap twitting that a guy is all washed up after watching the first half is a load. You know the butterflies will be there. Several guys have settled down and played their game without Williamson.
    Amen. People are quick to forget that this is only the first game of SL, and guys like Frank aren’t playing with teammates that he will be playing with in Oct.- April. Young guys are going to grow. Calling them dead in the water without giving them an entire 1st half to perform is stupid.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Is the dude from Japan out there?

Gotta suck to be RJ Barrett, a guy whose only real skill is scoring, and then getting on the floor and watching Frank drop an efficient 30. It's like someone taking your own thing and killing you with it.

Cheatham just blocked Barrett on the last shot of the quarter. He may not always produce but his energy is contagious.

Lol @ Barrett getting his shot swatted out of the air there

Frank isn’t Marcus Thornton though. His defense is getting better. Buckets could only play offense when he was here (which is why he was benched). Jackson is showing a willingness to put his entire body into it, and it’s showing.

Why don't we just trade him to the Lakers lol!

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Hell yes Cheatham. Rebounds and defense.

Pels before Summer League: We are going to focus on Frank trying to be more of a play maker instead of a pure scorer for this team.

Also Pels: 3 qtrs into the 1st Summer League game - Frank Jackson 30pts 0 asts.

Thread Information