Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion injury update?! {edited" Torn meniscus - out 6-8 weeks}

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    Not for nothing but did anyone else hear Josh Lloyd say on today’s podcast of Locked on Fantasy basketball that “it’s yet to be confirmed but he’s hearing it’s a torn meniscus”
    Haven't watched the pod, but in all honesty, what would Josh Lloyd know? I've listened to the Locked On Fantasy pod a few times and he's very much in the realm of the ''just kinda knowledgeable but not really'' commentator. I wouldn't expect him to have any real insider knowledge of any team, let alone a less historically investigated team like the Pelicans.

The only real source, from what I've seen, for the torn meniscus claim is that dude on the other forum that people passed around on twitter a lot. Lloyd is a big twitter guy, so he probably saw it on there.
    Basketball.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Not hearing the best of news, you can consider it pure speculation at this point, but I don't think Zion is currently in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The truth of the matter is, the Pelicans don’t actually owe the public anything. Not their fault fans and media pundits will speculate and let rumors run rampant, rather than do the logical move of just waiting.
    While I agree the Pelicans are under no strict obligation to owe the public anything in regards to injury news, Griffin has already set the standard going forward about how he would handle Zion's injuries when he came out during summer league and was very clear and transparent.

This being in stark contrast to how he handled Zion's injury just a couple of months ago is alarming to many fans. I don't think they are without warrant or basis to want additional, clear information from Griffin as that's what fans were believed to be getting from the way Griffin handled things previously.

I also think what has added to the issue is we actually got some level of news about more tests being done in 24 hours and yet there was never an update on what those test results were.

There's also the issue of fans who were sold tickets specifically with the belief of Zion playing only to now be left in limbo due to vague communication on the Pelicans part. Even if they are under no obligation, to build Good Will with a franchise that has felt like there hasn't been good communication with the front office in years, it'd be nice if they openly communicated at least some things so that the fans who purchase tickets and might be traveling from out of town can make their plans.

It's damaging from a fan perspective because Griffin seemed to have free reign and the organization seemed to have completely changed under his direction. This is the first taste of the old regime and many fans don't like that.

In the long run is it a big deal? No probably not. Griffin has also certainly built up some good will with the fan base too. However at least short term this is damaging to the fan base they are trying so hard to build back up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Not hearing the best of news, you can consider it pure speculation at this point, but I don't think Zion is currently in NOLA.
    Very odd.

Other people have said it, and I'll echo it now: given the transparency the organisation has had in general since Griff took over, it's weird to see everything seem to shut down and go zero dark thirty on this. Makes it more worrying than it perhaps should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Very odd.

Other people have said it, and I'll echo it now: given the transparency the organisation has had in general since Griff took over, it's weird to see everything seem to shut down and go zero dark thirty on this. Makes it more worrying than it perhaps should be.
    Maybe the NBA has stepped on our throat to prevent
    Losing revenue. Zion is a golden goose, but It's only delaying the inevitable. Losing games, TV ratings, and empty seats with extra fan apathy.

It's kind of weird, because AD injuries where very transparent. They sucked, but we knew what was going on. Just feels like NBA got involved and told to hold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Maybe the NBA has stepped on our throat to prevent
    Losing revenue. Zion is a golden goose, but It's only delaying the inevitable. Losing games, TV ratings, and empty seats with extra fan apathy.

It's kind of weird, because AD injuries where very transparent. They sucked, but we knew what was going on. Just feels like NBA got involved and told to hold off.
    I love how fans go to this conspiracy theories as the most likely thing when they hear nothing. It's like none if you ever heard of Occums Razor.

Maybe they just want to do a bunch of testing and be sure. Nah...they got on a big conference call with the NBA and TV exec's and have mapped out this shell game where they will keep info trapped to deceive everyone!!
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I love how fans go to this conspiracy theories as the most likely thing when they hear nothing. It's like none if you ever heard of Occums Razor.

Maybe they just want to do a bunch of testing and be sure. Nah...they got on a big conference call with the NBA and TV exec's and have mapped out this shell game where they will keep info trapped to deceive everyone!!
    I agree!

Zion injury update?!

Zion is having a scope done. And no I’m not telling you my sources. (not Josh Lloyd)
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 10-21-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Zion is having a scope done. And no I’m not telling you my sources. (not Josh Lloyd)
    Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    The situation is definitely getting bizarre. I get that Gentry was uncomfortable answering questions on Friday. But he looked just as uncomfortable and uneasy talking about Zion from today’s interview. Whatever Griffin is imposing on the team, it’s makes these interviews cringeworthy.

I think Lonzo has given us the most info regarding the situation. Saying things like he’s not out for the season and confirming he’s out a couple of games lead me to believe that they absolutely know what’s going on but do not want to release the extent of the injury for whatever reason.
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought it was odd that before the Knicks game, both Jrue and NAW said they had no idea he was injured at all.

Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought it was odd that before the Knicks game, both Jrue and NAW said they had no idea he was injured at all.

Strange.
    Not strange imo.

As much as we want to think these guys talk and text each other like school girls, they are professionals with their careers being about self preservation. It wouldn’t shock me if Zion felt his knee was bothering him, sat around with his team and made it aware to Griffin about their concerns and then basically a closed door meeting took place on the best way to handle it.

AD taught us all that this isn’t high school and professional sports is just that, a business.

I wouldn’t personally look too deep into that. But I will say that the front office is gambling with the trust of their fanbase and until it’s proven otherwise, I’m expecting Zion back in weeks like the agreed upon announcement from reputable media proxies stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Not strange imo.

As much as we want to think these guys talk and text each other like school girls, they are professionals with their careers being about self preservation. It wouldn’t shock me if Zion felt his knee was bothering him, sat around with his team and made it aware to Griffin about their concerns and then basically a closed door meeting took place on the best way to handle it.

AD taught us all that this isn’t high school and professional sports is just that, a business.

I wouldn’t personally look too deep into that. But I will say that the front office is gambling with the trust of their fanbase and until it’s proven otherwise, I’m expecting Zion back in weeks like agreed upon announcement from reputable media proxies.
    To say it's odd his teammates didn't notice doesn't mean we need to make some even more odd leap to suggest they type each other like high school girls either.

If you practice daily with someone, it seems quite un odd and very logical that they'd notice some type of limp or or non normal physical behavior.

That would just be logical.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-21-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    To say it's odd his teammates didn't notice doesn't mean we need to make some even more odd leap to suggest they type each other like high school girls either.

If you practice daily with someone, it seems quite in odd and very logical that they'd notice some type of limp or or odd physical behavior.

That would just be logical.
    True, but that’s the thing about what’s going on. Zion was shown practicing just a day prior to this announcement. The only thing I saw different in that Spurs game compared to the other games is that when Zion officially went out he iced both knees. For what’s being said and how they are describing the injury, this isn’t a “oh I can’t go on” injury but a discrete “soreness” that the front office had to rule on the severity of to even pinpoint what the real issue is. So it’s possible this injury could get by his teammates.

I’m just saying considering everything and the magnitude of him as a player, the mayflower in the midnight hours of this can even escape teammates because of the protection he’s roaming in from the front office of both the team and the league due to his hype.

One thing nobody is discussing, is the fact that Zion could of hurt his knee outside of a basketball activity. I know of multiple instances where players have gotten hurt at hike and you never hear about it.

So many things could of happened.

At this point, everything we are hearing is speculation in my opinion.

I think we will find out a whole list more tomorrow during pregame.

Don’t know if it was mentioned earlier but what was his summer league “injury” and could this at all be related.
    Didn’t he bump knees or something.
    NEW ORLEANS
    There is NO place like Home!

Guessing the source is Brian from Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    One thing nobody is discussing, is the fact that Zion could of hurt his knee outside of a basketball activity. I know of multiple instances where players have gotten hurt at hike and you never hear about it.

So many things could of happened.

At this point, everything we are hearing is speculation in my opinion.

I think we will find out a whole list more tomorrow during pregame.
    I think Gentry mentioned that it probably happened in the Spurs preseason game. It’d make sense because he slammed his knee into the floor and was shaken up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansBBall View Post
    Don’t know if it was mentioned earlier but what was his summer league “injury” and could this at all be related.
    Didn’t he bump knees or something.
    I think most people outside of ESPN realize that was most likely a phantom "injury" or an extremely minor one. That episode was mostly about getting him into game shape after all the extra pre draft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Guessing the source is Brian from Twitter.
    No who’s Brian

Zion injury update?!

I know I don’t hang out here a lot but I was the first one to tell u guys:

- This team will be called the Pelicans

- Chris Paul is getting traded

- Eric Gordon wants out of New Orleans and we just had the inter team scrimmage

- released the new court design before they were done painting it

I’ve never given you my sources and still won’t. But whatever carry on I guess..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Sucks that it HAD to happen right before the season started. Couldn't be worse timing. There's finally some excitement for this team and the main piece has to get surgery.

Meniscus tear is really not that bad. Not ideal, but it's better than what could have been (i.e. microfracture, ACL, patella). He'll be gone at least 4 weeks, wouldn't be surprised if it's 6.

No who’s Brian
    Sorry, Bryan from NOLA. He reported on Twitter this morning, about an hour before you posted, that Zion was having a scope. He is saying that he will be out up to 6 weeks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Sorry, Bryan from NOLA. He reported on Twitter this morning, about an hour before you posted, that Zion was having a scope. He is saying that he will be out up to 6 weeks.
    What's his @?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What's his @?
    @Public_B_Enemy

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Zion injury update?!

I know I don’t hang out here a lot but I was the first one to tell u guys:

- This team will be called the Pelicans

- Chris Paul is getting traded

- Eric Gordon wants out of New Orleans and we just had the inter team scrimmage

- released the new court design before they were done painting it

I’ve never given you my sources and still won’t. But whatever carry on I guess..
    So,because you came onto a forum and made these statements, you ASSUMED that nobody on this forum already knew these things? WOW, what an undeserved self pat on the back. It didnt take James Van Pragh to make a hypothesis regarding all of your premonitions. Lordy,

Thread Information