Pelicans Report

Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157
Results 3,901 to 3,922 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Does anyone do Twitter and did anyone catch that rant by Antonio Daniels on the Chris Conner feed/page/thread? He is @impatientbull and writer for thebirdwrites and musicmoviesandhoops.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Does anyone do Twitter and did anyone catch that rant by Antonio Daniels on the Chris Conner feed/page/thread? He is @impatientbull and writer for thebirdwrites and musicmoviesandhoops.com.
    Trying to find the link but here's what I got so far.

AD actually made me felt better than I have in a long.

It's just nice to have someone from organization be real with us. It's just sad that it had to go about this messy.

Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    AD actually made me felt better than I have in a long.

It's just nice to have someone from organization be real with us. It's just sad that it had to go about this messy.
    Can you please summarize what he said? Some of us are Twitter challenged or not on Twitter. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who was he ranting at? The fans? Or the Organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Can you please summarize what he said? Some of us are Twitter challenged or not on Twitter. Thanks

It was a lot.

Zion youth and immaturity
    The culture
    Some the toxic fan reaction
    The legitimate frustration
    Talked about the rest of the squad

Thats the bit I heard

It was good actually. Kinda like AD b/c since he's come here, he's bought in. He does seem to care about the city as well as the team. Lol. It does sound like he's shouting when talking but he did have some good pts to make.

He said Zion has never appeared to him like he wanted out of New Orleans, Zion said he was upset last year for the fans b/c he feels like the fans deserve to have a winning team and get to the playoffs every year. His mind is on getting to the playoffs. AD felt like people also have to give it time, nothing happened over night for any team now having success. He understands the frustration but to be patient b/c from what he sees the organization is trying to put together a good team. He said Jaxson looks good/better and NAW should be amazing this year b/c he's just a guy who wants it and he has improved from what he seen. Someone called NAW a dawg and AD agreed. Plus he said Trey is just a sniper and that combined w/ Deonte should show shooting improvement. He said when he says stuff people sorta don't believe him b/c they think he's just trying to contain the status quo or just make everything sound good or happy but he said no he is saying what he sees. He said NAW and Trey have looked good in camp and that should give us hope. It's been some who haven't looked good in his opinion but he didn't name any names. Lol. Then he left.

From there, some started talking to Shamit about the New Orleans culture and how Zion just seems to be under his parents and may not get out much or know much about black culture period b/c they would like him to be more included in what is going on in New Orleans and/or just see him out and about. Then some talked about how the team/organization needs to start listening to the people and doing things/marketing towards the people of New Orleans so the team can grow from there. That's about it.
    Last edited by PELSGIRL; 10-14-2021 at 11:58 PM.

It was a lot.

The culture

Thats the bit I heard
    AD did a horrible job with the Pelicans fans who clearly wanted to vent and get off their frustrations.

Tbh "Positive vibes only" people rubs me the wrong way because they usually alot of times alienate the people they are trying to help by treating any "negativity" as a sin. It's why some folks who struggle with depression feel worse when toxic positivity is presented to them.

AD is who is , I wasn't mad at him, but he could have been more understanding. The one loyal women who was a fan since 2002 said it the best when she said he been here for 3 years, just have alittle compassion before saying the fanbase are so negative.

It's like when fans are starting to rise up to this pathetic organization to be accountable for ignoring fans input on marketing and jerseys, holding their players accountable, not disclosing information to the team and just pumping sunshine just for ticket sales etc it's a problem.

I'm a Pelicans fan for life, just want a change of how this team is presented, and results. It's just ALWAYS something and that's what's fans were trying to tell AD who didn't understand that. Who cares how good the players are going in camp WE DONT SEE THAT, WE SEE SLOW LACKADAISICAL STARTS TO GAMES. No fire.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Another stupid ****** thing this dumb franchise did. WHY WOULD YOU PUT THE ZION INTERVIEW ON SIRUS XM???

Like how dumb can that be??? For Zion to be so open about his love for New Orleans, and how intimate the interview was, why is it hard to find this anywhere for a starving fanbase who is trying to buy in with all this madness this off season.

This interview should available everywhere on YouTube, on their website,etc. Yet it was marketed as "tune in you don't wanna miss this! You had to be there!"

It's just not thought out crap like this that pisses me off. This interview could have been crucial to help some fans or media members reassurance for ticket sales, buy in, etc. But nope we only have a few clips floating around. They drop the ball constantly.

https://twitter.com/cclark_13/status...33709356634114

Eman, Griff has gone full snake oil salesman...
    Griff really needs to go. He his acting like a 6 year old who says something and then later says "I had my fingers crossed." He is a disingenuous, arrogant fool. Gayle needs to rid the organization of this cancer.

And I’m so tired of someone telling us to be patient! Do you know how long we’ve been told that bs. Nothing comes from it and the team ends up back to square 1. At some point patients wears out!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Griff really needs to go. He his acting like a 6 year old who says something and then later says "I had my fingers crossed." He is a disingenuous, arrogant fool. Gayle needs to rid the organization of this cancer.
    Now THAT is a team cancer. Not a disgruntled player. Not some diva WR. An actual detriment to our team's image, credibility, and success.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    It was good actually. Kinda like AD b/c since he's come here, he's bought in. He does seem to care about the city as well as the team. Lol. It does sound like he's shouting when talking but he did have some good pts to make.

He said Zion has never appeared to him like he wanted out of New Orleans, Zion said he was upset last year for the fans b/c he feels like the fans deserve to have a winning team and get to the playoffs every year. His mind is on getting to the playoffs. AD felt like people also have to give it time, nothing happened over night for any team now having success. He understands the frustration but to be patient b/c from what he sees the organization is trying to put together a good team. He said Jaxson looks good/better and NAW should be amazing this year b/c he's just a guy who wants it and he has improved from what he seen. Someone called NAW a dawg and AD agreed. Plus he said Trey is just a sniper and that combined w/ Deonte should show shooting improvement. He said when he says stuff people sorta don't believe him b/c they think he's just trying to contain the status quo or just make everything sound good or happy but he said no he is saying what he sees. He said NAW and Trey have looked good in camp and that should give us hope. It's been some who haven't looked good in his opinion but he didn't name any names. Lol. Then he left.

From there, some started talking to Shamit about the New Orleans culture and how Zion just seems to be under his parents and may not get out much or know much about black culture period b/c they would like him to be more included in what is going on in New Orleans and/or just see him out and about. Then some talked about how the team/organization needs to start listening to the people and doing things/marketing towards the people of New Orleans so the team can grow from there. That's about it.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Now THAT is a team cancer. Not a disgruntled player. Not some diva WR. An actual detriment to our team's image, credibility, and success.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/davi...serable-2019-8

Such a horrible feeling? I wonder what he feels building around Zion and Ingram if Lebron was such a horrible experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Trying to find the link but here's what I got so far.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...6cfeed0ac.html

Dennis even admitted it

It was a lot.

The culture

Thats the bit I heard
    Could you post a link to the full interview? I can't find it.

I generally avoid this place now. But since I'm not on twitter I like to read the feeds on the start page sometimes. Some very sane individuals out there still.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I generally avoid this place now. But since I'm not on twitter I like to read the feeds on the start page sometimes. Some very sane individuals out there still.

!00%

It really annoys me with all these dudes that want to get out of town for greener pastures. i get why CP3 left and I didn't even fault him for wanting to leave but how many titles has he won since he left? Jrue really is the only one that leaving has actually worked out for in terms of winning at basketball. I think a lot of these fools just want a bigger market so they can make more money. Because if it was really all about winning they would go to Brooklyn or the Lakers on a minimum deal just to win. None of the top guys sacrifice pay to win.

Edit: I'm not saying they "should" give up earning potential to sign with a team at a discount in order to win. But I do wish they would be more honest about their intentions.

Like saying, "I wan to win but I also want to get paid. So trade me to a team that I can make my money and maybe win a few games as well."

If you really wanted to win take a 25% pay cut instead of a supermax and see if that helps the team get better players around you.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 10-16-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Never seen this w/ him and Zion. Interesting.

https://twitter.com/_joshstaylit_/st...534338/photo/1

Zion traveling with the team to lil Thibodeaux? Joking and smiling with teammates? I thought he was all like..."eww pelicans"

While I went to go google "rarely" ran across this video the Pelicans media team produced on the Pelicans website. Nominated for an Emmy about the day the league shut down last year.

Sounds like JJ and Jrue were not going to play that Sacramento game even if it didn't get cancelled. Video only available on the Pelicans site. Entire video at bottom of link.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/ne...-stopped-covid
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-18-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Information