Pelicans Report

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think the Lakers fans have realised yet that the West has very good teams in it.

Like, very good. Yes, Golden State has fallen off, but the Nuggets still exist, and the Jazz just beefed up pretty heavily. When people say ''anyone can win the ring this year'' they mean there isn't a single prohibitive favourite: not that literally all 30 teams are equally likely to win it.
    Lakers won't find any guards that can guard Dame and CJ. They will however have a guy in the paint (whiteside) that can deter AD and LBJ from going down there.

Lakers are in trouble but I'll let their fan continue to think they are title bound.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Lakers won't find any guards that can guard Dame and CJ. They will however have a guy in the paint (whiteside) that can deter AD and LBJ from going down there.

Lakers are in trouble but I'll let their fan continue to think they are title bound.
    Lakers fans pretty much think they can throw three slabs of raw meat on the court with AD and Lebron and win a title. Delusional.

I've seen Lakers fans dismiss this on Twitter by saying that they can guard the Portland duo because they will have AD and they'll have Rondo, who we had when we shut them down in the playoffs.

They entirely fail to mention that Jrue Holiday was there, being the key centrepiece of those schemes, and that Mirotic was also there and was playing out of his skin on defense.
    Basketball.

What is this, the second time that James Jones has cut a player specifically to make them available for Lebron?

Third time, maybe? Not sure. It keeps happening though. How this isn't blatantly obvious to the league is beyond me.

What is this, the second time that James Jones has cut a player specifically to make them available for Lebron?

Third time, maybe? Not sure. It keeps happening though. How this isn't blatantly obvious to the league is beyond me.
    Yeah and I mean the suns higher ups don't really seem to give a damn which is even crazier

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Or the Lakers giving up on Leonard? Plan B if Leonard stays in Toronto?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

In fairness, Memphis was going to cut Korver as well because his contract is only partially guaranteed. It's likely whoever traded for Korver was going to cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Or the Lakers giving up on Leonard? Plan B if Leonard stays in Toronto?
    He'll sign for the minimum after Leonard. I don't think this has any bearing whatsoever on Kawhi

They are one injury away from falling off the cliff and being on the outside looking in. The 'Paper Superstar' has only played 70+ games in two of seven seasons with the Pelicans. And, after missing a third of the season last year with the Lakers, 'The Diva" will be 35 years old by the end of the calendar year.

Note: they better pick up Cousins and hope, because the "Paper Superstar" will be railroaded (as he always has been) if he's asked to play the five.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    In fairness, Memphis was going to cut Korver as well because his contract is only partially guaranteed. It's likely whoever traded for Korver was going to cut him.
    Sure, but if you're the Suns (a terrible rebuilding team in desperate need of picks and youth) why would you trade young players (Melton, Jackson) and multiple 2nd round picks (I believe they sent two) for a guy you're just going to cut anyway?

It's not like the Suns are desperate for the cap relief.

I mean, it's Jalen Rose, so take it with a grain of salt

But yeah.

I really hope Kawhi signs that 1+1 with Toronto. I'd prefer a 2+1, but I'll take 1+1.

Would make next year really fun.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Sure, but if you're the Suns (a terrible rebuilding team in desperate need of picks and youth) why would you trade young players (Melton, Jackson) and multiple 2nd round picks (I believe they sent two) for a guy you're just going to cut anyway?

It's not like the Suns are desperate for the cap relief.

Kawhi gonna sign in Toronto, next year lakers suck Lebron retires and AD signs else where

I wish we had gotten pick swap rights for this season too. Lol dang

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Kawhi gonna sign in Toronto, next year lakers suck Lebron retires and AD signs else where
    nah,,,AD has to stay and prove he is the man....the lakers is where he wants to play so he has to man up and deal with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I feel like there would have been ways to do it without gifting a team in their division another solid player. But hey, I guess if that's enough plausible deniability for Jones to get it past his superiors, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I don't want to jinx but... Ball+Miller+Moore+Hart works salary-wise for Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelispanish View Post
    I don't want to jinx but... Ball+Miller+Moore+Hart works salary-wise for Davis.
    .....disgusting.

The longer this goes on the better this is for Toronto!

Lakers now interested in Korver? Cousins? Kevin Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wish we had gotten pick swap rights for this season too. Lol dang
    I'm kind of surprised we didn't. Seems like a smart move.

I low key like the clipps ( if Kawhi lands there) to win the West. Kawhi is great, Lou Will is great, Landry and Alexander are young and upcoming, they have Beverly and Harrell, they are a really good team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information