Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Something like

Nets get: Donovan Mitchell, Jonas, Bogdanovic, Kira, Hayes, 2 picks and 3 swaps

Jazz get: Ben Simmons, Temple, Graham, 4 firsts

Pels get: KD

Jazz get 4 more firsts plus probably drop way down in the standings. Also gets Simmons to rehab his value. Now have an arsenal of picks to rebuild with under Ainge. Eventually get more when they ship Simmons in a year or two

Nets get Mitchell as the face of the franchise plus some other vets to be respectable as they build back up. Have picks and swaps plus probably the picks they get from Lakers in Kyrie trade.

Pels unload the war chest of picks and swaps and have their big 4 of CJ, BI, Zion, and KD. Kept young, cheap talent plus Nance as a reserve. Now, gotta go use the taxpayer MLE and get guys on minimums to fill out the roster. Give yourself a 4 year title window with that big 4 if you are willing to pay the tax all four years. Then at the end of that window, the hope would be Zion and BI are the best duo in the league and now Herb, Daniels, and Trey are studs too and you go on with that version the way SA transitioned from Del Negro, Avery, Elliot, etc to Manu and Tony.
    All that and I still dont think KD is in NOLA long term.
    Don't trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I only got....

Graham
    Larry
    Kira
    Nance
    Jax
    Up to 5 1st round picks.

For KD.

*Shrug*

Tell me there is a real better deal. No rebuilding team wants a 34 year old Superstar. No contender have an all star asset to move. And frankly... I don't care.

If we gonna make this trade. We have to win now. So, low ball on talent it and overload with unprotected picks. Empty the War chest.

This is the only way I do it.

https://imgur.com/a/qgpufPp
    You have Nance listed twice, but looks like you meant Temple. One of those MIL picks is just a swap, so I assume our pick would be in there in place of it. Also, the 2025 pick would be only if 1-4, so would have to give them something if it did not convey. That trade works, but not sure Nets would take it. We would be a crazy good team if so.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You have Nance listed twice, but looks like you meant Temple. One of those MIL picks is just a swap, so I assume our pick would be in there in place of it. Also, the 2025 pick would be only if 1-4, so would have to give them something if it did not convey. That trade works, but not sure Nets would take it. We would be a crazy good team if so.
    The way picks work on the trade machine is convoluted. So, I randomly pick 5. I really doubt they can top the Utah-Minn trade.
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-03-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I just don?t see the team trading Dyson and 6 first round picks. 4 maybe. Name a team that traded 6 firsts for 1 player. Kinda silly.
    I'd trade JV and 6 1sts if it meant we keep Dyson, Herb, Ej, and Trey.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    I'd trade JV and 6 1sts if it meant we keep Dyson, Herb, Ej, and Trey.
    if we have to trade 5 1st or 6 1st. They ain't getting any of our young guys. They get salary filler or our older solid guys like Nance and Jonas. I rather dish out Nance than Jonas. If it meant sitting on our offer or adding another 1st.... I'd do it.

Something like

Nets get: Donovan Mitchell, Jonas, Bogdanovic, Kira, Hayes, 2 picks and 3 swaps

Jazz get: Ben Simmons, Temple, Graham, 4 firsts

Pels get: KD

Jazz get 4 more firsts plus probably drop way down in the standings. Also gets Simmons to rehab his value. Now have an arsenal of picks to rebuild with under Ainge. Eventually get more when they ship Simmons in a year or two

Nets get Mitchell as the face of the franchise plus some other vets to be respectable as they build back up. Have picks and swaps plus probably the picks they get from Lakers in Kyrie trade.

Pels unload the war chest of picks and swaps and have their big 4 of CJ, BI, Zion, and KD. Kept young, cheap talent plus Nance as a reserve. Now, gotta go use the taxpayer MLE and get guys on minimums to fill out the roster. Give yourself a 4 year title window with that big 4 if you are willing to pay the tax all four years. Then at the end of that window, the hope would be Zion and BI are the best duo in the league and now Herb, Daniels, and Trey are studs too and you go on with that version the way SA transitioned from Del Negro, Avery, Elliot, etc to Manu and Tony.
    I'd agree to this in a heartbeat.

CJ - BI - KD - Zion - Nance

Dyson - Herb - Trey - Liddell - ??? (Maybe our 2nd round C)
    Last edited by PleaseWinPels; 07-03-2022 at 04:17 PM.

I will admit... Nets got a super weird roster structure. Especially, with them resigning Mills and trading for Royce. Maybe they assume KD wasn't going to make trade demands and Nets was only gonna ship out KD. They where going to try to build around KD.

So, If Kyrie, Harris, and KD are going out.

If Russ seems like the mostly talent in return. Russ & Ben will be on the same team is ugly.

Their only option is try to move Ben Simmons, but where!?

Your back-up guard is Seth, Cam, and Mills.

Wings is just Royce.

They have no real center and Nicolas Claxton.

Their roster is a hot mess and they don't want Ayton+ a wing on a sign and trade. Ughhhh....The Nets are trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat, and I don't get what they are trying to get.

I think at this point.... if they take on Russ. There is no way a team of Ben, Russ, and KD can function organically. You aren't going to get a ton of value moving Ben Simmons.

Houston has their pick for the next 4 years.... So, they can't just blow it up.
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-03-2022 at 04:33 PM.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The Nets are what happens when you let a diva like KD be co-general manager. They have so many players on their roster with serious mental health issues.

Do not poach any players from that insane asylum. Leave well enough alone. We have a really good thing going here.

Are the Jazz gutting their team? Did I miss something? Why are they getting rid of Spider?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Are the Jazz gutting their team? Did I miss something? Why are they getting rid of Spider?
    I think they are rebuilding around Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think they are rebuilding around Mitchell.
    Which is why I don’t see why they trade Mitchell for a headcase who will most likely want out in a year or so. Dwayne Wade loves Spider Mitchell, so I’m not certain the minority owner (Wade) doesn’t tell the new GM (Ainge) “you can trade Gobert, but not mini-Me”.

Besides, the Jazz have picks for days thanks to Royce O’Neal and Gobert, they don’t need more. Now they need to make moves with those picks to put talent around Mitchell (Sign and trade for Ayton).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Which is why I don’t see why they trade Mitchell for a headcase who will most likely want out in a year or so. Dwayne Wade loves Spider Mitchell, so I’m not certain the minority owner (Wade) doesn’t tell the new GM (Ainge) “you can trade Gobert, but not mini-Me”.

Besides, the Jazz have picks for days thanks to Royce O’Neal and Gobert, they don’t need more. Now they need to make moves with those picks to put talent around Mitchell (Sign and trade for Ayton).
    Utah isn't for everybody. Nobody in the league expects Mitchell to resign with them when his contract is up. They could win a championship, and I think Mitchell still leaves them. Royce O'Neal was one of the dudes on the team he was closest with, and they traded him. If they were trying to change Mitchell's mine, they would have kept Royce, and even that likely wasn't going to work. If you're Utah, you might as well get more assets, try to build a fun lottery team, and enter the Wembanyama sweeps!

Obviously Utah isn’t for everyone, but having Mitchell under contract through 24-25, it’s for Mitchell for (at least for the foreseeable future). What you include the friction that Mitchell and Gobert had, and Ainge coming in with Fizdale, and a new coach, that plays to Mitchell giving Utah more rope to win him over, or hang themselves with. Do they make the move for Ayton (as folks presume)? Do they trade the picks for a CJ level star? Do they let it ride with the picks? Who knows. But the Jazz trading him makes little sense for the organization.

The one thing Utah has going for it is that Mitchell is one of the more level headed “stars” in the league.

Evidence of my 'fans are far more alike than they are different' theory -- Golden State fans do not want to part with Kuminga OR Poole for KD
    @mcnamara247

Obviously Utah isn’t for everyone, but having Mitchell under contract through 24-25, it’s for Mitchell for (at least for the foreseeable future). What you include the friction that Mitchell and Gobert had, and Ainge coming in with Fizdale, and a new coach, that plays to Mitchell giving Utah more rope to win him over, or hang themselves with. Do they make the move for Ayton (as folks presume)? Do they trade the picks for a CJ level star? Do they let it ride with the picks? Who knows. But the Jazz trading him makes little sense for the organization.

The one thing Utah has going for it is that Mitchell is one of the more level headed “stars” in the league.
    Some people like Utah, some people don't. There isn't a thing they'll do organizationally that'll make it NOT Utah. Also, some people - like some new owners and GMs - like rebuilding things. I don't disagree with anything you're saying. But the people who I listen to on podcast and my #NBATwitter list of writers seem to think Mitchell isn't likely sticking around Utah.

I mean, at least GS fans can say, we don't need KD, we just won the title with Poole and Kuminga, why rock the boat.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I’m not saying Mitchell wants to stick around, I’m saying the Jazz don’t have to trade him this offseason (or next offseason). At this point the power is in the Jazz court (no pun intended), so why trade him before you have to?

Came up with a 5 Team trade that I like (not my normal thing but the trade machine is fun)

Pelicans
    Durant
    Naz Reid

Wolves
    Simmons
    Jaxson

Lakers
    Harris
    Irving

Jazz
    Herb
    Jonas
    Graham
    Westbrook
    Lakers 27 1st
    Lakers 29 1st
    Pelicans 23 1st
    Lakers 24/25 1st

Nets
    Conley
    Bojan
    Donovan Mitchell
    DeAngelo Russell
    Horton-Tucker
    Jayden McDaniels
    Temple
    25 Pels 1st
    27 Bucks 1st
    27 Pels 1st
    29 Pels 1st

Nets get their draft hall, All Stars, and prospect (McDaniels).
    Lakers get Kyrie and move Westbrook
    Jazz hit reset, get a defensive superstar, 4 more unprotected picks to add to war chest.
    Wolves trade an expiring DLo for Ben Simmons who they were after last year.
    Pelicans get Durant. And Naz.

Probably need to throw some pick swaps in there somewhere, but I got bored.

Evidence of my 'fans are far more alike than they are different' theory -- Golden State fans do not want to part with Kuminga OR Poole for KD
    In fairness, they

A) Just won a title with those guys, and without KD, and have won 2 titles without KD in the last decade, so they probably see a very clear route to a chip without him that has already been largely vindicated
    2) Have also already won titles with KD as well and therefore can easily say which they prefer, a rare privilege

So Golden State fans are a little over privileged in this discussion
    Basketball.

I’m not saying Mitchell wants to stick around, I’m saying the Jazz don’t have to trade him this offseason (or next offseason). At this point the power is in the Jazz court (no pun intended), so why trade him before you have to?
    IF you're not going to change his mind or win a championship you might as well trade him at peak value.

Westbrook to Utah would be hilarious. Perhaps the fan that called him “boy” (or whatever he called him) can open up the presser with an apology.

I think the Jazz sit with Mitchell, and come to some sort of “we will do “x”, and if we can’t get to “y” then we will trade you.” Danny Ainge is many things (some true, some not), but a crap GM isn’t one of them. I have to believe he is going to do more than a gut job on the Jazz. Heck, Woj even said today that the Jazz were shutting down calls inquiring about Mitchell. It’s going to take a lot to get them off of Mitchell.

Westbrook to Utah would be hilarious. Perhaps the fan that called him “boy” (or whatever he called him) can open up the presser with an apology.

I think the Jazz sit with Mitchell, and come to some sort of “we will do “x”, and if we can’t get to “y” then we will trade you.” Danny Ainge is many things (some true, some not), but a crap GM isn’t one of them. I have to believe he is going to do more than a gut job on the Jazz. Heck, Woj even said today that the Jazz were shutting down calls inquiring about Mitchell. It’s going to take a lot to get them off of Mitchell.
    All the same things Ainge said about trading Gobert is what he's currently saying about trading Mitchell. Eventually he's going to trade him though.

And when I did the trade machine shenanigans I chuckled at the prospect of sending Russ to Utah. That would be comedy.

Can someone point to the quote/tweet from kd, woj,shams,whoever that’s the catalyst for all this speculation? I’m on vacation and must’ve missed how all this started. Who put the Pels in play?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Can someone point to the quote/tweet from kd, woj,shams,whoever that’s the catalyst for all this speculation? I’m on vacation and must’ve missed how all this started. Who put the Pels in play?

Thread Information