Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: March 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 30-42

Pelicans March 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 30-42

Dropped 6 in a row, including last game in the dumbest possible way imaginable.

Tonight we play the Dallas Mavericks, and there are multiple chances at significant events tonight. Let's look at them all:

1) Elfrid Payton could record a 5th consecutive triple double, joining only Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, and Russell Westbrook as the only players to record at least 5 straight trip dubs.

2) Dirk Nowitzki only needs 4 points to pass Wilt Chamberlain on the all time scoring list. He's averaging basically 9 points a game, so it should be very do-able.

3) A loss tonight gives us another loss, and Dallas another win. If this happens, we will swap places with Dallas and take the spot for 7th place in the lottery. That move up takes us from 26.3% to 32% chance to get a top 4 pick, and also moves our 6% chance at the #1 pick to 7.5%. Not too bad.

Luka is scheduled to play as well, as he's listed as probable by the Mavs. Hopefully he will play, because he's very fun to watch and him playing ups the chances of us losing. He's had a rough shooting stretch recently that's dragged his 3pt% down to only 34%, which is a shame for him, but he's still tallying 21/7.4/5.7 in his rookie year, which is still very very impressive. In fact, only three other rookies have averaged at least 20/5/5 since the introduction of the 3pt line in 1979: Michael Jordan, Lebron James, and Tyreke Evans.

And in fact, nobody in that span has averaged 21/7/5 except Luka. Just an incredible rookie year. Hopefully though, someone like Frank can be the rookie of the night instead.

Let's go and #DoItBig!
    Basketball.

Let us see how we lose this one. If it is any more epic than Saturday night.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I didn't know where to post this, so I'll post it here. I saw earlier today, Tim Frazier got picked up by the bucks. He is now on the team with the best record in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I didn't know where to post this, so I'll post it here. I saw earlier today, Tim Frazier got picked up by the bucks. He is now on the team with the best record in the league.
    Anthony to Milwaukee confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Anthony to Milwaukee confirmed
    AD for Frazier and Niko?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    AD for Frazier and Niko?
    God no. Tempted to just give them AD as long as they keep Frazier forever.

We might have to give them Jrue too with that type of haul.

gotta give it to dirk he's stayed in one place even when Dallas was really bad

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    RE-SIGN ELFRID

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    RE-SIGN ELFRID
    2 years 9 mil. No more

Kenrich Williams is a gem. Holy moly that was incredible.

crikey what a nail biter. complete opposite of the phoenix ending haha

I dont mind if we lose this game to mavs but the refs cant call that foul when luka is out of control on his own .

Whelp. You can't lose 'em all.

Frank Jackson is going to be a beast.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

damn lmao go pels i think!!!????

Randle finished up with 30pts. Not bad

I think we should re-sign Randle (4 years $80 million) and Payton (2 years $10 million) to be building blocks for our next team.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think we should re-sign Randle (4 years $80 million) and Payton (2 years $10 million) to be building blocks for our next team.
    Agreed on Payton. Randle should not get $20m per, whatsoever. Just shouldn't happen.

Shame we won but at least it was a fun and dramatic game

I don't care about draft position. We're gonna get a top 10 pick regardless. I like winning, and seeing the guys happy. They work hard. They should get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I don't care about draft position. We're gonna get a top 10 pick regardless. I like winning, and seeing the guys happy. They work hard. They should get rewarded for it.
    Winning games like this will get us another Austin Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Winning games like this will get us another Austin Rivers.
    Dell Demps won’t be the one drafting this time so we’re good.

Thread Information