Pelicans Report

Page 106 of 127 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The Lakers pieces fit really nice with what we have. Don't let haters fool you. Some rumors involve no Ingram but just addressing LA being all in....

Ball Jackson
    Jrue Moore
    Ingram Williams
    Williamson Kuzma
    Okafor Wood
    Serious, legit question.

Ball: 31% three point shooter, 41% FT shooter.
    Jrue: 32% three point shooter, 77% FT shooter.
    Ingram: 32% three point shooter, 60% FT shooter.
    Williamson: 34% three point shooter, 60% FT shooter.
    Okafor: 20% three point shooter, 66% FT shooter.

Where is the spacing? Where's the FT shooting? What's your finishing 5? Literally nobody in that starting 5 is even league average from three, and 4 of the 5 are sub 70% FT shooters.

You can't roll out a starting 5 where Zion Williamson is your best three point sniper.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Latest scenario Ingram staying in LA , at least that is what I thought?
    Rumors without him and rumors with everyone finally included came out simultaneously. But all rumors from no credible sources. The "we're waiting on Boston" rumor also went out then, too. Antsy people unable to hold the line.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    At that point, I'd rather just trade with Chicago straight up, if they'd be interested.

AD and for Markkanen, Dunn, Lopez, #7, and their 2020 FRP.
    Dont think they don't for bc AD won't stay. But Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Markkenen #8yh pick is I think the best package I've seen. Chi gets lonzo and the 4th pick..

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Dont think they don't for bc AD won't stay. But Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Markkenen #8yh pick is I think the best package I've seen. Chi gets lonzo and the 4th pick..
    I mean, it's not the best package I've seen, or even probably top 4, but Markkanen is a clearly superior prospect to Ingram and Kuzma, so at least in this deal we wouldn't be asked to accept Ingram as the best thing we get in return for AD.

Serious, legit question.

Where is the spacing? Where's the FT shooting? What's your finishing 5? Literally nobody in that starting 5 is even league average from three, and 4 of the 5 are sub 70% FT shooters.

You can't roll out a starting 5 where Zion Williamson is your best three point sniper.
    Haha.

Every other trade: Don't worry about that weakness, we have several years to build things around Zion.

Lakers trade: Holes must be fixed NOW.

Yes. The shooting is a MAJOR issue. Needs improvement for sure. This is a MAJOR overhaul. There will be flaws to any team we put together be it a rim protecting big, facilitator PG, starting quality SF, or 3pt shooting.

Serious, legit question.

The sad part about that is Ingram and Okafor are so terrible on defense that team wouldn't even been above average defensively.

So you've got no shooting, poor rebounding, average defense.... It will take Zion literally being the 2nd coming of LBJ and him single handedly carrying this team for that lineup to work.

Haha.

Every other trade: Don't worry about that weakness, we have several years to build things around Zion.

Yes. The shooting is a MAJOR issue. Needs improvement for sure. This is a MAJOR overhaul. There will be flaws to any team we put together be it a rim protecting big, starting quality SF, or 3pt shooting.
    Yeah sure, yadda yadda, we're all stupid hypocrites, whatever.

The shooting isn't just a major issue. We would instantly become the single worst three point shooting team in the league.

And when someone isn't a good shooter, one place to look to see what their potential is, is their FT shooting. Since FT shooting generally stays pretty stable throughout a career. And none of them are good FT shooters either: we would instantly become the worst FT shooting team in the league as well.

Beyond that, some of those players (Looking at Ball, here) don't even PROJECT as becoming decent shooters unless they rework their entire shot. It's not that they just can't shoot, it's that their shot is fundamentally broken beyond comprehension.

You don't trade a TOP FIVE player for a bunch of guys where the best thing you can say about them is ''Oh hey, if we completely redesign their entire game, they might be playable in three to five years.'' Especially when one of them, like Ingram, will need paying in ONE YEARS TIME.

Why not just answer the question? Don't be so evasive.

Haha.

Yes. The shooting is a MAJOR issue. Needs improvement for sure. This is a MAJOR overhaul. There will be flaws to any team we put together be it a rim protecting big, facilitator PG, starting quality SF, or 3pt shooting.
    Please list the other trades and what weaknesses those players have and we can discuss them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post

I'm intrigued, but who is this guy?
    Jrue dat

The Knicks would be my favorite move if I can get Beal, RJ, Robinson, & a 2021 1st

Then I like Brooklyn if I can get DLo, LeVert, Allen, and a 2020 or 2021 1st.

Then the Celtics if I can get Tatum, Smart, Memphis’ pick, the 14th pick, & either the 20th pick, a 2020, or a 2021 Boston 1st.

Then the Lakers if I can get Beal, Ingram, and two 1sts. (Maybe Kuzma or Ball & a 1st cause I can trade either Kuzma or Ball into something later to hopefully get a center.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The sad part about that is Ingram and Okafor are so terrible on defense that team wouldn't even been above average defensively.

So you've got no shooting, poor rebounding, average defense.... It will take Zion literally being the 2nd coming of LBJ and him single handedly carrying this team for that lineup to work.
    Don't worry about it, apparently. It'll all magically work out in time, despite the broken shots and the blood clots. Everything will be alright. Just trade your superstar for garbage, shut your eyes, and hope.

If you question it, you're being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post

Just a heads up. That is a big time troll account. Just look at the pinned post.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    I'm intrigued, but who is this guy?

You gonna go to this guy for reliable info?

Also, don't be fooled by Laker haters that use stats. They will change up the stats to fit their argument. Like use a percentage just from last season for their guy because it was the highest one and then use a career average for a Laker player so that a rookie season can weigh it down. Or change up which season percentage or career percentage theh use based on which is lower.

Example. Dae takes career stats for Ingram and Ball's 3pt shooting so that their rookie seasons bring their averages down and then cherry picks Ball's worst single season FT % to make the stats seem worse.

Also, don't be fooled by Laker haters that use stats. They will change up the stats to fit their argument. Like use a. Average just from last season for their guy because it waz the highest one and then use a career average for a Laker player so that a rookie season can weigh it down.

Example. Dae takes career stats for Ingram and Ball's 3pt shooting so that their rookie seasons bring their averages down and then cherry picks Ball's worst single season FT % to make the stats seem worse.
    I wasn't using Ball or Ingram's career stats those were both their last year averages.

In the case of Ingram, his three point career average is THE SAME as this year's average. It doesn't matter which you use, this year or career, it's identical.

When I said Ball is a 41% free throw shooter, that was a stat from this year, not his rookie year. It was his career low though. I'll give you that. So let's look at his other FT stats:

His career FT average is 42%. Happier now? What about if I use his career high, we're at 43.5%. Does that thrill you? Am I being more fair now?

Pick a year, the Laker's young guys will serve you a different flavour of garbage, but it will be garbage all the same.

That’s sound logic. It worked on player A so it will obviously work on player B. Epitome of arrogance
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Haha.

I get it... You're plan for us is to trade AD for scrapes that won't be here in 3 years.

If we are gonna get a bunch of high risk players... Then, give us draft picks. I rather draft Culver, Garland, and Hunter than those mediocre bums. The only reason that they are relevant is because they are in LA. IF they where in any other city. They be mediocre nobodies that win 30 games a season.

Yes. I cherry picked those stats to make the Lakers players look as bad as possible.
    Ok.

You totally proved me wrong, because the entire narrative I outlined was obviously wrong, and I could have found that out by doing even a cursory Google. Unfortunately, I was so determined to be correct that I ignored reality, and pretended that you were being dishonest with the stats, and I apologise for strawmanning your position and arguing in such a disingenuous and dishonest manner.
    No problem man, it's fine. Just don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    That’s sound logic. It worked on player A so it will obviously work on player B. Epitome of arrogance
    And the Lakers, Lebron and Rich Paul have not been the epitome of arrogance? Let's pit two arrogant groups against each other and maybe we will benefit.

No problem man, it's fine. Just don't do it again.
    You even wrote that you used different stats (career or last season)......you then tried to excuse it in a long diatribe. But if you did it, it isn't a strawman. And I'm disingenuous and dishonest for calling you out on it. Cool. Ok.

But worst of all.....you even did it to our boy Jrue. The day after his birthday, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I get it... You're plan for us is to trade AD for scrapes that won't be here in 3 years.

If we are gonna get a bunch of high risk players... Then, give us draft picks. I rather draft Culver, Garland, and Hunter than those mediocre bums. The only reason that they are relevant is because they are in LA. IF they where in any other city. They be mediocre nobodies that win 30 games a season.
    I agree. Draft picks allow us to pick and choose the type of players we want and fact of the matter is these trades have average stats which can be found in the next crop of players which are also a tad bit younger. Why buy the used car when you can buy a brand new one.

You even wrote that you used different stats (career or last season)......you then tried to excuse it in a long diatribe. But if you did it, it isn't a strawman. And I'm disingenuous and dishonest for calling you out on it. Cool. Ok.
    Uh... no I didn't.

I said that I used last year's stats ONLY. For all players in that list I gave you. Including Ingram, Ball, Jrue, Okafor, Zion. All the stats listed were from their last year.

You claimed I was using career stats so that rookie years could drag down the averages. That's a lie, and it would have been easy for you to find out by just googling their stats. I was using last year's stats. Not career stats. 2018-19 season numbers.

Then, in that reply, I basically explained why, even if I had used career stats (which I didn't, remember, even though you claimed I did), it wouldn't have changed the argument too much because their career averages are pretty much identical to their averages from last season. Within two or three percentage points, here and there.

So basically, the argument you claimed I had made was not the argument that I actually made. Pretending that I argued something I didn't so that you could continue being evasive is disingenuous and dishonest, whether you like it or not.

Not sure why that's so difficult for you to wrap your head around, but there you go, I've made it as clear as possible.

Thread Information