Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 24th January - New Orleans Pelicans vs Denver Nuggets - 17-28

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's 4 in a row. I wonder if there's something going on or if it's just a normal slump.
    He gets discombobulated whenever he has to play with another star talent (Bron/Zion)

Why? I don’t know. Youth? Insecurity? A desire to please? All I know is that he starts playing like a chicken with his head cut off

Well the good news is that the Pelicans will have their choice of available coaches at the end of year. Everyone would love to coach this talent going forward.

Hall of Famer
    The problem is griffin ,made it sound like zion is coming back

Than most of the game hes not on the court

It's time to stop with the Jaxson Hayes minutes. He's had his run. Okafor has scorched this team many times. Yet he plays 3 odd minutes.

And rebounding just isnt important. You have to get out and run run run.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    You actually watching?
    Hart was our best player tonight...

You know in the OP where I said that Denver was a really good offensive rebounding team.and we had to crash the defensive glass and prevent second chance points?

Denver has 24 offensive boards.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    He gets discombobulated whenever he has to play with another star talent (Bron/Zion)

Why? I don’t know. Youth? Insecurity? A desire to please? All I know is that he starts playing like a chicken with his head cut off
    He's been garbage as of late but your comment doesn't ring true.. He played just fine with Bron..

Games over.... Jrue and Genrtry are both killing this team!

.... and here come all the Gentry and Jrue defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He's been garbage as of late but your comment doesn't ring true.. He played just fine with Bron..
    He played better than fine as in at an All-Star level when Bron sat games

Hey at least Zion was good though. And fun. More Zion!

Whelp.

That may be in my top five Most Frustrating Games of all time.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Games over.... Jrue and Genrtry are both killing this team!

.... and here come all the Gentry and Jrue defenders.
    Not tonight. It was too obvious...especially Jrue. To a certain extent, Gentry's hands are tied, but rotations were God-awful.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    He played better than fine as in at an All-Star level when Bron sat games

Again.. not true. He averaged 18 plus for the season on high efficiency. Did Bron sit the entire season? He also average around 28PPG on high efficiency with Bron in the line-up after the all-star break.

Yes he sucks right now but get your facts straight boss.

I think this is two games in a row we are not giving enough credit to the opposing team's D. We didn't play our best, yeah, but I think both games were more due to the Spurs and Nuggets puttinfmg great games in. It's hard to go 3-0 against a great team.

You know in the OP where I said that Denver was a really good offensive rebounding team.and we had to crash the defensive glass and prevent second chance points?

Denver has 24 offensive boards.
    You think they talked about that in film session? I have my doubts.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Whelp.

That may be in my top five Most Frustrating Games of all time.
    The second chance points that they were getting was killing my soul.

Like, we didnt even TRY to get rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You think they talked about that in film session? I have my doubts.
    I mean, I'd hope so but it certainly didn't look like it.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    The second chance points that they were getting was killing my soul.

Like, we didnt even TRY to get rebounds.
    I think Alvin didn’t try to put rebounding on the floor either. He got out coached cause he went small and Denver went bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I think this is two games in a row we are not giving enough credit to the opposing team's D.
    What?! Offense wasn't the problem today. Gave up too many offensive rebounds and FT % was subpar. Pretty sure Denver didn't miss a FT also. If Jrue does anything on offense or Ingram plays like Ingram.... we win.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

I said it. Jrue Holiday 36 one game, a nice string of 15, 12 ,10, 15 incoming. With all the lazy passes and turtle slow missed layups we love so much.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Not tonight. It was too obvious...especially Jrue. To a certain extent, Gentry's hands are tied, but rotations were God-awful.
    I don’t get the hesitation. Just trade Jure already. He shows up for one game then sucks for 5. He constantly turns the ball over. He shoots like garbage most nights. He’s not a leader or vocal in any way. Just trade him.

If Gentry isn’t gone at the end of the season just fire the entire front office.

That's 4 in a row. I wonder if there's something going on or if it's just a normal slump.
    A normal slump, but our coach won't reel in his off game player. In fact, it seems like he wants them to shot more...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    A normal slump, but our coach won't reel in his off game player. In fact, it seems like he wants them to shot more...
    I hope Ingram snaps out of it soon. We all knew we'd have to make a real run to have any chance of the playoffs at all, but now that unlikely goal is starting to get even farther away. Can't afford to keep losing, especially at home.

Team looks pretty bad most of the time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I hope Ingram snaps out of it soon. We all knew we'd have to make a real run to have any chance of the playoffs at all, but now that unlikely goal is starting to get even farther away. Can't afford to keep losing, especially at home.

Team looks pretty bad most of the time.
    1st off, Chucker 'Twuan needs to be in seat to the right of Cheatam on the bench. Instant Ball Stopper, while running around guarding nobody. He forgot that there's 2 parts to 3&D.
    2) Ingram gets to be on the court w/Zion for 8 minutes per, which are warm-up minutes to start each half.
    The 4 minute Zion rule completely hinders the rhythm of the rest of the players, especially when the Z antithesis (Redick) is coming in.
    3) All teams have there best player in the game down the stretch (oh, except us)
    4) This team needs a true shooting #2. Jrue ain't it. He probably has the worst lay-up shooting % of anyone in the league.
    I like Jrue, but this FIT is non existent .
    Once this rotation is set through ZION, Jrue is square peg.

Thread Information