Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: This is on gentry

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Please understand that a one legged landing is not, itself, the worst thing in the world. Two legged landings are preferable, sure, but for various reasons human beings are often required to land on one leg, and it's perfectly possible to do it in a pretty safe and healthy way. Which, for the most part, Zion was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    [ESPN VIDEO]
    Yes, I've watched it. That doesn't actually confirm that you understand what I'm saying.

Are you aware that it is perfectly possible to land in a controlled, managed way, on one foot?

Zion took, by my count, 8 'real' jumps in last game: this is obviously not counting little hops and spins, only legitimate leaps where both feet were off the ground by more than like, 6 inches

Of those 8 jumps, 2 had bad landings, 2 had sub-optimal landings because of things beyond Zion's control, and 4 were perfectly okay landings. This is what you expert from someone who is having their mechanics modified: you do not change perfectly all at once. You expect there to be a transition period where the old and the new clash a little and there's some inconsistency with it. This is what we saw: mostly good landings, a few questionable ones, and a couple of bad ones.

Please understand that you can land on one leg and not be committing some biomechanical sin.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yes, I've watched it. That doesn't actually confirm that you understand what I'm saying.

Are you aware that it is perfectly possible to land in a controlled, managed way, on one foot?

Zion took, by my count, 8 'real' jumps in last game: this is obviously not counting little hops and spins, only legitimate leaps where both feet were off the ground by more than like, 6 inches

Of those 8 jumps, 2 had bad landings, 2 had sub-optimal landings because of things beyond Zion's control, and 4 were perfectly okay landings. This is what you expert from someone who is having their mechanics modified: you do not change perfectly all at once. You expect there to be a transition period where the old and the new clash a little and there's some inconsistency with it. This is what we saw: mostly good landings, a few questionable ones, and a couple of bad ones.

Please understand that you can land on one leg and not be committing some biomechanical sin.

Just hold your breath when it happens. Obviously Griff. Does not like it.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 01-23-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    He was gassed. He just about pulled his shorts to his ankles grabbing on the bottoms. GASSED!
    Don't remember seeing him grabbing his shorts like that other than bending over before the FT. I was not far from him. After he spoke with Gentry he sat down and started talking to other players. By the end of the timeout he was not even breathing heavy. We may have a different definition of gassed. You mentioned he got blown by. It was White on a delay and go. Jrue had been blown by on a similar move early in the game. BTW, I understand them being cautious and talking him out, but if things were normal (i.e. no injury), I would not have thought that he was so tired that it required him to be taken out given the situation.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Don't remember seeing him grabbing his shorts like that other than bending over before the FT. I was not far from him. After he spoke with Gentry he sat down and started talking to other players. By the end of the timeout he was not even breathing heavy. We may have a different definition of gassed. You mentioned he got blown by. It was White on a delay and go. Jrue had been blown by on a similar move early in the game.
    Got blown by twice. If Semantics is your line of attack defending your opinion, that's fine. I, more than likely was as close as you were to the action. And I just disagree. If you want to you use winded, that's fine. It was the right move to pull him IMO.
    I witnessed what you witnessed, we saw it differently & neither mind will be changed. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Weight is based on numerous factors, not largely only diet. As a matter of fact, your specific metabolism, genetics, and age are probably is the largest factors. BI could have a constant diet of big macs right now and he's still not going to be 260 anytime soon. While another person can eat 2 big macs and blow up to 350.

And I'm not going to explain how people's specific body plan and especially their movement mechanics largely determines the amount of stress on their joints. Not their weight or mass. It's all in the article.

But believe what you will. I'm done.
    I sad largely not only and as with all rules you'll have some exceptions to them. But for the average person diet largely dictates how much and individual will weight.

And you are correct body plan and mechanics are important components in the impact on an individuals frame. Another is weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    As someone who played basketball all my life I've played as heavy as 205 5 years ago and now I weight 175 I know the difference in my body especially my knees now being 30lbs lighter. Zion playing weight should be sub 265.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    As someone who played basketball all my life I've played as heavy as 205 5 years ago and now I weight 175 I know the difference in my body especially my knees now being 30lbs lighter. Zion playing weight should be sub 265.
    That's your opinion. The trainers hopefully have a target weight for him.

Thread Information