Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 13th January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Detroit Pistons - 14-26

After his brilliant hot stretch, Lonzo is now shooting 35% from the field (21/60) and 28.5% from 3 (8/28) in his last 4 games.

Cooling off a little.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    After his brilliant hot stretch, Lonzo is now shooting 35% from the field (21/60) and 28.5% from 3 (8/28) in his last 4 games.

Cooling off a little.
    I never understood why people thought that was anything more than Peak Lonzo.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

Cooling off a little.
    I think it’s cause he is not getting nearly as many set shots. I didn’t realize how important Redick is with Lonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's weird, it was a very good stretch of play for him, particularly on offense, but there's a reason that when the questions started going around I said that what I wanted was consistency. Following up those 5 very good games with these 4 sub-Westbrook efficiency nights is not a great look. Nor is stuff like tonight's 7 turnovers.

Anyway, you guys excited for who might be coming next game?

Yet he hit two huge shots in OT the seal the win. Controlled the entire game as well for us.

Y’all keyboard warriors can really vomit some garbage sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Yet he hit two huge shots in OT the seal the win. Controlled the entire game as well for us.

I get that you're a Lonzo fan, that's cool. But don't pretend he had a good game tonight.

You need to get out of your feelings, bruh. I want Lonzo to be good too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I get that you're a Lonzo fan, that's cool. But don't pretend he had a good game tonight.
    He shot poorly, and made some bad turnovers but the offense was terrible when he wasn't on the floor. No excuse for the 4th quarter, but he helped the team win that game.

If you call a near triple double a bad game, then sign me up.

You must be blind. All you’re able to do is look at stats. He does so much on the floor outside of the score sheet.

Even with stats... since when is one assist shy of a triple double considered... a bad night??

On a side note, Frank really looks good handling the ball in the PNR.

You need to get out of your feelings, bruh. I want Lonzo to be good too.

Reference my response to Pelicanade. I stand with what I said... bro...

Frank might actually have a place in this league?

Lonzo played 46 minutes with 2nd/3rd string players. Plus Etwaun didnt help with all the misses late.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    He shot poorly, and made some bad turnovers but the offense was terrible when he wasn't on the floor. No excuse for the 4th quarter, but he helped the team win that game.

If you call a near triple double a bad game, then sign me up.
    He shot incredibly badly, had 7 turnovers to 9 assists (not great), and while it's true the offense was terrible when he was sat, the offense was also terrible when he was on the court

We're in 2020, we've all gotten over the Westbrook phase of basketball, I think we all recognise that you can have a triple double that looks nice in a box score without actually playing well. He had some very good moments, particularly those shots in OT, but taking this game as a whole he did not have a good night.

Also, I can’t believe Jah lowered Drummonds trade value. Time to offer them Moore for Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Lonzo played 46 minutes with 2nd/3rd string players. Plus Etwaun didnt help with all the misses late.
    Not putting all of the blame on Lonzo. Not at all. Like you said, this line-up was far from optimal and E'twaun stunk up the joint too. Lonzo was not alone in having a sub-optimal night.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Tuan player horrible. He was the only starter with a net negative rating. He almost cost them the game by himself.

He shot incredibly badly, had 7 turnovers to 9 assists (not great), and while it's true the offense was terrible when he was sat, the offense was also terrible when he was on the court

We're in 2020, we've all gotten over the Westbrook phase of basketball, I think we all recognise that you can have a triple double that looks nice in a box score without actually playing well. He had some very good moments, particularly those shots in OT, but taking this game as a whole he did not have a good night.
    The vomit continues lol.

He played most of the game. He was gassed!

Did all he did with out 2nd and 3rd string players.

You need to take everything into consideration.

Advanced stats in from this game:

Best Net Rating: Nicolo Melli, +22.8
    Worst Net Rating: Zylan Cheatham, -28

REB% leader: Okafor (17.9%) followed by Jax (14%)

TS% Leader: Zylan Cheatham (100%), followed by Melli (78.4%) then Jax at 70.9%

Screen assists/points off screen assists not yet available

Reference my response to Pelicanade. I stand with what I said... bro...
    I didn't talk about Lonzo performance in this game. If I did.. I really don't have much to say. It's not like I'm calling him a Ricky Rubio clone, but the shoe would fit.

Oakfor played great... but, he completely caved under pressure. Passing up on shots he was making in the 1st half.

Would of loved the confidence to continue all the way to the end.

The vomit continues lol.

He played most of the game. He was gassed!

Did all he did with out 2nd and 3rd string players.

You need to take everything into consideration.
    I watched the same game you did. The whole thing. Overtime included

I know that he played a ton of minutes. I know who else was on the court. I understand that.

None of that justifies his ridiculous iso stepback 3s that barely graze the rim, or his weird cross-body arcing passes directly towards defenders when he has a wide open layup available. These are bad plays: these are mistakes. Did he also have some good plays? Yes, he did. Not denying that at all, he did, especially in overtime.

The fact that he had those handful of good plays does not make up for the tons of mistakes, and I promise you that the coaches are not going to watch this tape with Lonzo with the intent of patting him on the back for an excellent performance.

Nico has been impressive, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Nico has been impressive, eh?
    He had a good game, yep.

Thread Information