Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 29th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ OKC Thunder - 6-12

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I completely agree. Ball needs to replace JJ in the starting lineup. JJ needs to stay on the bench as a 6th man and nothing else even with injuries imo. I think Zion brings a lot more out of Zions skill set and soon we will get to see

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Zion playing brings out more Zion. It checks out, the logic's impeccable.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I have a lot of hope for this team despite the record....

Lonzo, Favors, and Zion will all be back soon. I think we will be much better with this lineup:

PG: Ball
    SG: Jrue
    SF: Ingram
    PF: Zion
    C: Favors

Key Reserves: Redick, Kenrich, Moore, Hayes, Hart

Benchwarmers: Okafor, Melli, NAW, Frank....

What do y’all think about this lineup?

PG: Jrue
    SG: Ingram
    SF: Zion
    PF: Favors
    C: Hayes

Idk I’m just pumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    all i want for the new year is a healthy starting lineup of lonzo,,jrue,,ingram,,zion,,favors..make a trade and let the backups fall where they fall and see how good this team can be for the second half...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I have a lot of hope for this team despite the record....

Lonzo, Favors, and Zion will all be back soon. I think we will be much better with this lineup:

PG: Ball
    SG: Jrue
    SF: Ingram
    PF: Zion
    C: Favors

Key Reserves: Redick, Kenrich, Moore, Hayes, Hart

Benchwarmers: Okafor, Melli, NAW, Frank....

What do y’all think about this lineup?

PG: Jrue
    SG: Ingram
    SF: Zion
    PF: Favors
    C: Hayes

Idk I’m just pumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do want to see favors and hayes on the court together....favors has to be the center.....hayes can play backup PF roam the field like AD used to do and block shots and clean up the boards......

One thing I wanna check when the stats get updated is whether Ingram is getting his threes differently at the minute or something, in terms of defensive coverage or Catch+Shoot VS self-created shots, because he's 2 of his last 14 from deep which is strange given how hot he started the season.

In the span of 2 games, he's gone from basically 46% from 3 to 40.9% on the season.

It was a notable thing through the first 10 games or so that he was shooting almost 100% assisted threes. It was very rare that he was actually creating one himself off the dribble. I'd be curious to see if that's changed, given the drastic drop-off, or whether it's just a cold spot.

No players pass up on that $ at 22. Especially Ingram who just recently went through a near life changing event. He has an all around skill set and can do it all while being a 25+ ppg scorer at just 22. Not only is he scoring but he is doing it as efficiently as any player in the NBA right now. You put his exact stats on any big name on a winning team and they are in the MVP discussion. Ingram will get the max and he deserves the max.
    Lets put stats aside. He is the one consistent person i see trying to be a leader, communicate, and trying to keep people on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    This team and this season is one BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.
    I mean... Our rookies didn't nuclear bust on us. So, it's not that disappointing.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    One thing I wanna check when the stats get updated is whether Ingram is getting his threes differently at the minute or something, in terms of defensive coverage or Catch+Shoot VS self-created shots, because he's 2 of his last 14 from deep which is strange given how hot he started the season.

In the span of 2 games, he's gone from basically 46% from 3 to 40.9% on the season.

It was a notable thing through the first 10 games or so that he was shooting almost 100% assisted threes. It was very rare that he was actually creating one himself off the dribble. I'd be curious to see if that's changed, given the drastic drop-off, or whether it's just a cold spot.
    In the game before the Lakers game he took a lot of dumb 3pt shots.. That's all it is I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    In the game before the Lakers game he took a lot of dumb 3pt shots.. That's all it is I believe.
    Well it's not just that. He shot 2 for 11 on threes inthe Lakers game, and he was 0-3 tonight.

It could totally just be a cold spot, and it very probably is, but I'd be curious to see the breakdown.

Zion on this current team changes everything. You can’t tell me plugging in Zion for Kenny in the starting lineup doesn’t change everything for this team. Tell me how good the Bucks are with Kenny in place of Giannis? This team goes to a completely different level with the addition of Zion.
    That's why I'm not worried about this start.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I'm about to go watch Summer League reruns and cry into my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I'm about to go watch Summer League reruns and cry into my beer.
    Go watch the Arizona vs Penn game. Nico Mannion's playing

Wake me up when Zion returns or we have a coaching change.

Go watch the Arizona vs Penn game. Nico Mannion's playing
    I need to see Zion dunking on people in a Pels uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I need to see Zion dunking on people in a Pels uniform.
    Then try pre-season, Zion only played on Summer League game.

Well it's not just that. He shot 2 for 11 on threes inthe Lakers game, and he was 0-3 tonight.

It could totally just be a cold spot, and it very probably is, but I'd be curious to see the breakdown.
    Curious what the analytics show as well. To my eye, as Brandon’s role has grown, he’s handling the ball more and playing more iso ball. It’s tough to fault him because he gets so many favorable match ups, but I do think it’s altering the flow of the offense and the kind of shots he gets as well.

The Franchise
    The problem with this team isn't the flow of the offense..

On the bright side.. When Zion and Favors are back on the court, we'll see a significant improvement in the area that we are most deficient in at present.

Then try pre-season, Zion only played on Summer League game.
    You're right. I'll watch both.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    What's Kenrich's status?

The problem with this team isn't the flow of the offense..

On the bright side.. When Zion and Favors are back on the court, we'll see a significant improvement in the area that we are most deficient in at present.
    I mean, it is part of the problem.

We've had several games where we've been absolutely unable to generate favourable looks for 6+ minutes, in some dreadful droughts, and there have now been probably 5 or 6 games which have devolved into clumsy isoball in the final moments.

Obviously the defense is larger than the offense when it comes to problems here, but the offense is a long way from being where it should be.

The Franchise
    I mean, it is part of the problem.

We've had several games where we've been absolutely unable to generate favourable looks for 6+ minutes, in some dreadful droughts, and there have now been probably 5 or 6 games which have devolved into clumsy isoball in the final moments.

Obviously the defense is larger than the offense when it comes to problems here, but the offense is a long way from being where it should be.
    "The problem with this team isn't the flow of the offense.." Is what I said, which doesn't mean that it's perfect. In spite of a not so perfect offense, we win a lot more with Zion and Favors in the paint. We are one of the worse defensive teams in the league. Not even close to being one of the worse offenses.

"The problem with this team isn't the flow of the offense.." Is what I said, which doesn't mean that it's perfect. In spite of a not so perfect offense, we win a lot more with Zion and Favors in the paint. We are one of the worse defensive teams in the league. Not even close to being one of the worse offenses.
    Sure, the defense is worse. I'm never gonna deny that

But it's also worth noting that despite our high scoring (drawn largely from pace and out proclivity for 3pt shots), we're a very very middle of the road team in terms of offensive efficiency. We're the 13th rated offensive in the NBA right now, which is only a little above average.

Of course you're absolutely right that we win more with Zion and Favors, there's no real question about that in my eyes. But I also think that while the defense has (rightfully) taken a drubbing this season, the offense isn't nearly as good as it should be either, and given that that's apparently Gentry's calling card, there needs to be more scrutiny on that side of the ball imo.

It took us basically 7 or 8 games to work out to run Redick off screens if that doesn't tell you there's something going a little off, nothing will.

The Franchise
    Sure, the defense is worse. I'm never gonna deny that

But it's also worth noting that despite our high scoring (drawn largely from pace and out proclivity for 3pt shots), we're a very very middle of the road team in terms of offensive efficiency. We're the 13th rated offensive in the NBA right now, which is only a little above average.

Of course you're absolutely right that we win more with Zion and Favors, there's no real question about that in my eyes. But I also think that while the defense has (rightfully) taken a drubbing this season, the offense isn't nearly as good as it should be either, and given that that's apparently Gentry's calling card, there needs to be more scrutiny on that side of the ball imo.

It took us basically 7 or 8 games to work out to run Redick off screens if that doesn't tell you there's something going a little off, nothing will.
    That's a really big deal.. no denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i do want to see favors and hayes on the court together....favors has to be the center.....hayes can play backup PF roam the field like AD used to do and block shots and clean up the boards......
    Hayes can't play the 4. Favors and Hayes together is horrible spacing
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-30-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Thread Information