Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: December 7th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Detroit Pistons - 15-8

I think it was Mac who called it, but someone said earlier this season that Zion is going to get hacked with no calls for about 10-15 games and struggle. Then the refs are going to start calling his fouls and he is going to dominate. Props for that call. Seems to be exactly what's happening. Love it!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I think it was Mac who called it, but someone said earlier this season that Zion is going to get hacked with no calls for about 10-15 games and struggle. Then the refs are going to start calling his fouls and he is going to dominate. Props for that call. Seems to be exactly what's happening. Love it!
    Pretty sure that guy constantly said Zion cant dominate on offense on account of only having 1 move

Pretty funny that in a game where CJ has continued his lack of scoring pop, where TM3 has had a number of dodgy possessions, and where Jose - a guy who scored 38 for us last game - has yet to make a shot, we're up 13 at half time.

I know it's the Pistons, I know we're at home, and I know quality play has come elsewhere for the most part (JV looked good, Nance has been good in his minutes) but the fact that we can have so much ''meh'' and still be up double digits on a bad team is just light years away from Pels teams of the past.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pretty funny that in a game where CJ has continued his lack of scoring pop, where TM3 has had a number of dodgy possessions, and where Jose - a guy who scored 38 for us last game - has yet to make a shot, we're up 13 at half time.

I know it's the Pistons, I know we're at home, and I know quality play has come elsewhere for the most part (JV looked good, Nance has been good in his minutes) but the fact that we can have so much ''meh'' and still be up double digits on a bad team is just light years away from Pels teams of the past.
    Not to mention BI being out... we are just too deep! It can come from anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Man, i actually feel empathy for the guys who have to guard Zion. what are they supposed to do
    Tackle him to the ground, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Tackle him to the ground, apparently.
    There's a 50% chance the refs won't call it, and if you don't do it there's an 80% chance he'll score, so they're playing the odds.

Is Brandon Ingram dead or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Why, you wonder?

It's called defense. Offense comes and goes; defense can be a constant (and should be),

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Is Brandon Ingram dead or something?
    it sounds like he has a rather minor injury but they are being cautious with it. We havent stopped winning while he's been out so no need to rush it

it sounds like he has a rather minor injury but they are being cautious with it. We havent stopped winning while he's been out so no need to rush it
    He's had foot issues before, particular with his toe, so if it's recurring it's probably a good idea to rest it up whenever it starts to rear it's head.

At some point, I might have to accept CJ might never be a 20 ppg player ever again

whew Dyson sure does be missing his finishes at the rim

Zion does not have handles tonight man.

8th turnover

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    At some point, I might have to accept CJ might never be a 20 ppg player ever again
    at some point you might have to relax and give the dude a little runway to get back in a groove. You're like fixated on him

Trey be shooting pretty far back from the 3 point line when its not always necessary

Is there a reason why Trey never takes normal 3's and averages more 3's from WAY behind the arc?

I'm just curious if there's a report somewhere about this

Zion does not have handles tonight man.

8th turnover
    Zion does not have handles? You're tripping.

Is there a reason why Trey never takes normal 3's and averages more 3's from WAY behind the arc?

I'm just curious if there's a report somewhere about this
    The further out you can shoot, the better. Trey actually shoots better from a few feet behind the line than he does right on the border (not sure why, I don't think it means anything significant it's just statistical trivia) so if he's comfortable doing it, why not? Means his defender has to be further away from the paint to guard him.

Zion does not have handles? You're tripping.
    I said tonight.

3 turnovers by him from dribbling the ball

wtf. Zion jumped up to get the rebound, but the ball hung on the rim too long, so he just stayed in the air waiting to clean it up with a dunk.

wtf. Zion jumped up to get the rebound, but the ball hung on the rim too long, so he just stayed in the air waiting to clean it up with a dunk.
    Gravity optional.

9th turnover

9th turnover
    I'm not sure what you're talking about because no individual player has 9 turnovers and the team has more than 9.

9th turnover
    NBA teams average between 13-14 turnovers per game you know that right.

Zion's basically hit his season averages (24/8/3) in 23 minutes of play.

Thread Information