Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Basketball.

Just Pelinka SCREAMING down the phone ''PLEASE TAKE BONGA, PLEASE TAKE BONGA!!!''

The Lakers plan at this point legitimately seems to be ''get AD and Lebron together, fill out the roster with G League players and 2nd round picks''.

We were told they were gonna be contenders for a decade loooooooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

The Lakers plan at this point legitimately seems to be ''get AD and Lebron together, fill out the roster with G League players and 2nd round picks''.

We were told they were gonna be contenders for a decade loooooooooooool
    And what's crazy is, right now they are expected to have $23.8 million but I heard it is really around $18 million.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    And what's crazy is, right now they are expected to have $23.8 million but I heard it is really around $18 million.
    Any idea why it would be lower than reported?

The funniest thing of all time would be if Lebron, Rich Paul, and AD all conspired to team Lebron up with the best sidekick he's ever had in AD

and then immediately stumbled at the final hurdle by giving both of them the worst supporting cast either had ever had.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Just Pelinka SCREAMING down the phone ''PLEASE TAKE BONGA, PLEASE TAKE BONGA!!!''

David Griffin has the Lakers by the NUTS.

Lakers gonna end up signing Melo on the minimum in an effort to fill out their roster

I am cackling

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    David Griffin has the Lakers by the NUTS.
    UMMM.. Id take Wagner off their hands in a HEARBEAT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    UMMM.. Id take Wagner off their hands in a HEARBEAT!!!!!!
    I wouldn't.

It would help LA. We don't want to help LA. And Wagner goes around liking racist tweets on twitter so he can go take a running jump.

AD: "I want to play for a contender and go to a well run organization."

Also AD: "I want to go to the Lakers."

Dell Demps died so AD could go join the dysfunction. I can't wait until AD is sick of it all and walks in free agency next year.

I wouldn't.

It would help LA. We don't want to help LA. And Wagner goes around liking racist tweets on twitter so he can go take a running jump.
    No idea about the racist tweet stuff. I keep sports and politics separated for my sanity.

Hes a pretty good player.

No idea about the racist tweet stuff. I keep sports and politics separated for my sanity.

Hes a pretty good player.
    Not even nearly good enough to make me consider helping the Lakers.

Lakers gonna end up signing Melo on the minimum in an effort to fill out their roster

I am cackling
    I am loving and soaking up every second of this!!!!

Not even nearly good enough to make me consider helping the Lakers.
    Ok but we could be logical about this.

Someone is going to pick up these contracts. Why not us!

Help us... help us!

Ok but we could be logical about this.

Someone is going to pick up these contracts. Why not us!

Help us... help us!
    Why not us? How about Mo Wagner isn't actually that good, doesn't fit our team needs, and it's in our best interests to try and make sure the Lakers suck as much as possible for as long as possible because we have all their picks, and therefore it doesn't help us at all to give them ANY help whatsoever in any regard?

Any idea why it would be lower than reported?
    They have to account for the cap hold of Reggie Bullock, which is $4.75 million. Wind-worst alluded to it today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLjSTfFqn8 The commentary on the Lakers' cap situation begins around the 2:52 mark.

They have to account for the cap hold of Reggie Bullock, which is $4.75 million. Wind-worst alluded to it today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLjSTfFqn8 The commentary on the Lakers' cap situation begins around the 2:52 mark.
    gotcha

Not really a free agent, but for anyone interested in Beal.

Not really a free agent, but for anyone interested in Beal.
    I almost have to wonder if this is a way to increase his trade value. Ultimately, I think Beal will remain with the Wizards. But I do think the goal of leaking this information is to gain leverage with other teams interested in trading for Beal.

I almost have to wonder if this is a way to increase his trade value. Ultimately, I think Beal will remain with the Wizards. But I do think the goal of leaking this information is to gain leverage with other teams interested in trading for Beal.
    I don't think it's a trade VALUE thing, I think it's the Wizards considering the trade.

They offer him this monster extension. If he says yes, they keep him. If he says no, he wants to test free agency when his contract is up, then they move him.

I don't think it's a trade VALUE thing, I think it's the Wizards considering the trade.

They offer him this monster extension. If he says yes, they keep him. If he says no, he wants to test free agency when his contract is up, then they move him.
    That is possible too. In fact, I think it is a good point. Of course, it would seem to me that the Wizards will want to have an answer from Beal sooner rather than later. With the draft less than 48 hours away, I'd want to know if Beal planned to be around.

In any case, whether intended or not, I still cannot help but to think it could benefit them from a trade standpoint. If there is any indication that the team is interested in keeping Beal, then it says to other teams that we won't just give him away to you. On the other hand, if everyone knows he is going to be moved no matter what it depresses his value a little.

[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah, we know. We were talking about how unless Ainge pulls something serious, he's gotta be under the spotlight right now.

Passed up on trading for Paul George for Jaylen Brown. Passed up on trading for Kawhi for Terry Rozier. Passed up trading for AD for Tatum.

Now Horford and Kyrie are walking in the same off-season. Pressure's on for Ainge.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141373531755823105

Memphis has traded guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver and Jae Crowder, the 23rd pick in Thursday's Draft and a future first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Thread Information