Pelicans Report

Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

I think the problem is LA over values those guys. Looking at their stats im not very impressed. I would take Tatum and some picks and allow us to choose the players that work for our future.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    So.....Zach Lowe is reporting the Bulls would do LaVine for the 4th pick.

Even if not reliable, just to give us new convo, how you guys feel about LaVine?
    He’s not reporting that at all. He was speculating with Howard Beck and said he thinks Chicago would LaVine for the 4th. It was very much so speculative.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I value Lakers players more than how they’re trashed here. Getting all of Kuzma/Zubac/Ingram/Lonzo plus 2 future first round picks, IMO, was ALWAYS going to be more than anyone was willing to offer, no matter how long we waited.

I’ve sold real assets before. There is always a theoretical better offer out there, but when you can get a good deal and good value, you always take it. Especially when you know you can’t hold the asset indefinitely waiting for that better offer that may or may not materialize.
    This is not real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Teams are unwilling to trade Zion for AD.

Teams are willing to not put top 1 protection (for Zion) on their pick they're giving up for AD.

Those two lines of reason simply do not add up. Either teams were unwilling, at all, under any circumstances to trade for Zion OR they were willing to trade Zion.

Your entire premise is wrong because teams have the ability put protection on what's behind the curtain to ensure they don't give away the car. They were unwilling to give up.
    You can't be serious. You realize there's opposition in these deals right? Just because a team has the ability to protect picks doesn't mean the other team has to go for it. Demps simply says unprotected or we move on. At that point if your are the Knicks (or perhaps the Suns in a Jrue trade) you either say ok and take the for sure thing in terms of the player or we'll pass and gamble on our 14%. Why are you acting as if this is some foreign concept. I'm almost certain every team wants to lotto protect all their picks in any trade. It doesn't always happens for a reason.

Lakers fans are so insufferable and entitled. I hope this is just a long con for Boston or New York to step up their offer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    This is not real estate.
    Doesn’t have to be real estate. Folks get Masters in Economics because the theories are applicable in multiple sectors.

AD is an asset. If you get what you think is a good deal, you weigh the percentage chance you can get a better deal vs the risk that you’ll get a worse deal. That’s the calculation I ran when suggested we should have taken a deal with Lakers or Knicks before the deadline.

Being discussed on First Take now.

They have Pretty much announced Davis is going to Lakers on First Take. SAS says they will win title next year.

...we get to go McDonalds
    We should have never considered trading it at the deadline because the entire point was to maximize the odds of getting as high in the draft as possible. The Knicks with AD don’t have the worst record. The Lakers with AD would have fought tooth and nail to get into playoffs. And finally, we would have had more talent on the court, minimizing our odds.

Yes, we got lucky. But it’s directly because we maximized our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Doesn’t have to be real estate. Folks get Masters in Economics because the theories are applicable in multiple sectors.

AD is an asset. If you get what you think is a good deal, you weigh the percentage chance you can get a better deal vs the risk that you’ll get a worse deal. That’s the calculation I ran when suggested we should have taken a deal with Lakers or Knicks before the deadline.
    So, you ran that calculation with zero facts? You have absolutely no clue what the Pelicans value (not to mention they have completely overhauled their front office). No executive worth anything would be railroaded into making an organizational altering decision without all the facts. That is what you expected this team to do?

Not to mention, there was never any way to know if there was even a respectable offer from the Knicks or what it would have been. You are simply assuming that.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    They have Pretty much announced Davis is going to Lakers on First Take. SAS says they will win title next year.
    Whoa...pump the brakes...they did not "announce" anything. It was a "what if" piece about teaming LeBron with AD. Comparing the learning curve to what LeBron, Bosh and Wade went through in Miami to what the Lakers will experience. No announcement was made!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Can we start a new thread for the people who want to waste their time writing about that we should've taken the deal at the deadline? The posts are a complete waste of time and have been proven multiple times to be short-sighted. Pretty annoyed wasting my time reading about it. The thread is supposed to be about AD trade scenarios, not what we could've done at the deadline. Maybe we should also go further back and talk about picking someone else instead of Austin Rivers. That seems like a good use of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If it is SAS, it must be fact.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You can't be serious. You realize there's opposition in these deals right? Just because a team has the ability to protect picks doesn't mean the other team has to go for it. Demps simply says unprotected or we move on. At that point if your are the Knicks (or perhaps the Suns in a Jrue trade) you either say ok and take the for sure thing in terms of the player or we'll pass and gamble on our 14%. Why are you acting as if this is some foreign concept. I'm almost certain every team wants to lotto protect all their picks in any trade. It doesn't always happens for a reason.
    Then this stance is in direct contradiction to teams not being willing to trade Zion for AD. You simply cannot say teams are unwilling to trade Zion in any AD trade but are willing to give up their pick (which has the best odds of getting Zion of any team) without any protection of the No. 1 pick and miss out on AD.

If NY wanted AD but flat out refused to give Zion for AD then they would ensure their pick was Top 1 protected. That is EXACTLY what Dallas did with their pick when they traded for Luka last year.

ESPN =Lakers TV

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Can we start a new thread for the people who want to waste their time writing about that we should've taken the deal at the deadline? The posts are a complete waste of time and have been proven multiple times to be short-sighted. Pretty annoyed wasting my time reading about it. The thread is supposed to be about AD trade scenarios, not what we could've done at the deadline. Maybe we should also go further back and talk about picking someone else instead of Austin Rivers. That seems like a good use of time.
    But how else will we reach page 200?!

And I know, I know. It's like Favre letting Strahan sack him. It feels cheap. But we are on the cusp of greatness. Future posters will sing our songs in the SKC!

But really. How much do you guys value Lavine? Would just the 4th get Lavine? 4th + Ball too steep?

AD for Lavine, Kuzma, Ingram, and future 1st?
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-13-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

And I know, I know. It's like Favre letting Strahan sack him. It feels cheap. But we are on the cusp of greatness. Future posters will sing our songs in the SKC!
    *breaks glass bottle on the ground*

How dare you undermine Strahan's sack on Favre!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    *breaks glass bottle on the ground*

How dare you undermine Strahan's sack on Favre!
    Lol

He gave that sack up faster than the Lakers crumbled after the last trade deadline!

It’s really not worth arguing whether we made the right move because we ended up with the ultimate piece in Zion by staying put. Whether it be by dumb luck or playing the best odds (and not allowing the Lakers to play their way out of the lottery with AD), the Lakers end up number 4 and the Knicks couldn’t even scrounge pick number 2. I’d say we made the right move whether it ended up this way by chance or not.

People are trying to be “logical” about this, but let’s not pretend we know what’s on the table now and what was on the table then. I’d wager it’s still all speculation and misinformation- particularly the Kuzma crap.

But really. How much do you guys value Lavine? Would just the 4th get Lavine? 4th + Ball too steep?

The Fire Monty thread had 400 pages if I remember right.

I actually like the idea of Trading with Chicago....They have some young guys with some real talent. I also would love to see Denver try to get in on the trade talks.

I could be sold on AD for Lavine + Ingram + 2021 and 2023 unprotected. Bulls get 4 plus Ball. Lakers get to keep Kuzma but the future picks have potential for us. We get two young quality starters that have potential to get better- maybe even significantly so. Sure, it's risky but it always was going to be anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I could be sold on AD for Lavine + Ingram + 2021 and 2023 unprotected. Bulls get 4 plus Ball. Lakers get to keep Kuzma but the future picks have potential for us. We get two young quality starters that have potential to get better- maybe even significantly so. Sure, it's risky but it always was going to be anyway.
    Eh... Lavine and Ingram aren't gonna be worth their salary.

I don't want Lavine at all, much less for the 4th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Eh... Lavine and Ingram aren't gonna be worth their salary.
    I see that side of it too...

Thread Information