Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zion Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    AD said all the right things too... Before he didn't. Don't read too much into it. We've got 4 years to build a contender around Zion. What he does after that will depend on how successful we are.
    That's all I ask for. Give us a real chance. Give Griff the opportunity. In 4 years time, Zion will be barely 23: I don't think we need to be a championship team by then, but we do need to be a legit playoff team with upside.
    Basketball.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Zioned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9b45gkWsAAzLZG.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	6441

It's a shame for Goga, but he shouldn't be too disheartened. He's going to be a lottery pick, well deserved, and will be a good player in this league.

I love Zion, I'm glad we're getting him, but just on a human level it's really sad to see everyone just pretend Goga's not there. There's more than one guy in the draft and they all have feelings too. 29 teams aren't getting Zion, and they want interviews for their candidates too.

I think it's because they use two different tables for interviews and switch between them. Maybe they had Goga setup and ready to go for when Zion was done.

I think it's because they use two different tables for interviews and switch between them. Maybe they had Goga setup and ready to go for when Zion was done.
    Hope that's the case. Would really suck if he was just getting Chris Bosh'd up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    https://clutchpoints.app.link/IOOKFlWQEX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can’t read it, recap?

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/0...n-the-nba.html

''“The assistant coaches at Duke and (Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski), they told me about (Gentry),” Williamson said. “He’s a great coach. Coach Gentry said he lets his players play. If I go there, I think I’ll like it.”

When Williamson finally arrives in New Orleans, he’ll become the new face of the Pelicans’ franchise after Anthony Davis was dealt away last weekend.

Is that something Williamson is ready for?

“I am ready,” Williamson said. “I think everybody has that mindset. I think if somebody doesn’t have that mindset, then I don’t know if they’re playing the right sport. Whether I’m the face or not, I’m just ready to help my team win.”

Williamson was also asked about his goals for this season and his NBA career. He mentioned rookie of the year, MVP, defensive player of the year as well as eventually becoming a Hall of Famer.''

HOW MUCH MORE HYPE CAN YOU HANDLE??? HOLY CRAP!

Popeyes is selling a 6-foot-10 box of chicken for $75 to celebrate presumed No. 1 NBA draft pick Zion Williamson https://www.businessinsider.com/pope...ferrer=twitter via @businessinsider

The world according to Zion: ‘I am ready to be the face [of a franchise]’ https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-wor...?.tsrc=fauxdal

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    HOW MUCH MORE HYPE CAN YOU HANDLE??? HOLY CRAP!

Popeyes is selling a 6-foot-10 box of chicken for $75 to celebrate presumed No. 1 NBA draft pick Zion Williamson https://www.businessinsider.com/pope...ferrer=twitter via @businessinsider
    I don't know about hype but that's a lot of chicken!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm betting i could eat that.

Just send flowers to my funeral.

I wonder if 6'10 is legitimately Zion's wingspan? I know that's what a bunch of media has run with, but ESPN ran with saying it was 6'11.5'', and since he didn't get measured at the combine it's kind of a mystery. He's clearly not super lengthy but he seems to have a decent wingspan.

My guess is that since he looks to be like 6'9'' in all recent pictures and videos, his wingspan is 6'11.5''. Possibly 7'0. No longer. Good, but not exceptional.

So I went back and looked at old articles on Zion. He measured 6'6 with a 6'10.5" wingspan at 16.

No one can convince me he hasn't grown at all in nearly 3 years.

So I went back and looked at old articles on Zion. He measured 6'6 with a 6'10.5" wingspan at 16.

No one can convince me he hasn't grown at all in nearly 3 years.
    It's just not realistic that he's the same size at 19 as he was at 16. I think I grew 2.5 inches or so during that time period, and I'm not a genetic super-man.

I've decided he's 6'9 with a 7'0 wingspan, and nothing can change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's just not realistic that he's the same size at 19 as he was at 16. I think I grew 2.5 inches or so during that time period, and I'm not a genetic super-man.

I've decided he's 6'9 with a 7'0 wingspan, and nothing can change my mind.
    Plus he has an 8' vertical

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Plus he has an 8' vertical
    Can leap clear over an African Elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Can leap clear over an African Elephant.
    I heard it was 2 African Elephants

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I heard it was 2 African Elephants
    Side by side, stacked on top of one another would be ridiculous

Shamit getting in on my Zion height conspiracy!!!

Look at that first pic. In that pic, he's clearly about RJ's height, and shorter than Reddish. That's just evident.

Then look at those pics from today. Clearly taller than both.

Zion's 6'9, minimum. Might be 6'10.

That’s a good deal for that chicken. Wash it down with some red beans.

I’m in! Which location?

Apple pies included?

I think they did something similar when Brees got the record

30 min mark

I like how he's not trying to get ahead of himself. Like he doesn't wanna say he's #1, even though everyone keeps telling him he is.

Pictured: Zion Williamson, listed at 6'6/6'7, next to Romeo Langford, who is listed at 6'6.

Zion looks much, MUCH taller

Thread Information