Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 17-24

Take Adams out. Need A FT shooter.

And it must be said, notice how we don’t completely fall apart defensively when Bledsoe does the bare minimum. When our guards do that, it isn’t a gun-show every time in the final minutes

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Man Denver announcers salty as fuuuuuudge right now!!! LMFAOO

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No he wasn't. Not in the clutch, anyway; he's been appalling bad in the clutch all season long (hell, his entire career), something that is evident from even a brief look at the stats.

It's good that he hit the shot tonight, absolutely, but let's not pretend like it's a return to form: his form is bad. Let's hope it's a positive deviation to set a new norm.
    I’m not even talking about clutch. He was hitting very difficult shots (and yes there were some in the clutch) but he was making those impossible shots. Clutch or not, BI needs to start hitting them- especially if he wants to be that guy down the stretch.

No he wasn't. Not in the clutch, anyway; he's been appalling bad in the clutch all season long (hell, his entire career), something that is evident from even a brief look at the stats.

It's good that he hit the shot tonight, absolutely, but let's not pretend like it's a return to form: his form is bad. Let's hope it's a positive deviation to set a new norm.
    Yeah... I'm not vibing someone finally playing up to par when the team is going nowhere and all it does is hurt us. Great for development... 100% of course. Does it need some sort of validation... Nah.

And I’m sorry but when you say things like this, your bias horribly shows. Cut that out

I think Lonzo's 'Hip Flexor' just got worse.

Pels big three tonight:

Zion: 30pts, 6rbds, 1ast, 1stl, 2blks. 9/13 shooting (69.2%), 1/1 from 3, 11/14 from the line (78.6%)
    Ingram: 30pts, 6rbds, 8asts, 2stl, 1blk. 11/23 shooting (47.8%), 2/7 from 3 (28.6%), 6/6 from the line (100%)
    NAW: 20pts, 3rbds, 1ast 1stl, 2blks. 8/15 shooting (53.3%), 3/9 from 3 (33.3%), 1/1 from the line (100%)
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    And I’m sorry but when you say things like this, your bias horribly shows. Cut that out
    I'm talking about in the clutch. And in the clutch his form is, and has been for his entire career, very bad.

I'm not going to pretend that Ingram has magically been a really clutch player so far in his career just to satiate your ahistorical reference. I'm sorry if you think it's bias to acknowledge the reality of his career thus far, but that's just how it's been: if you have a problem with it, take it up with him, I'm not the one who has made him shoot so poorly in clutch time.

Edit: and if you aren't talking about the clutch, what's your point? I specified that I was talking about the clutch. If your point is a general one then where's the disagreement?

dae, Ingram was just named Fox Sports New Orleans just named BI "Player of the Game". They be blind, huh?

Consider: Malone was 26 when he did his streak.

BI changed how he closes games. Used his obvious BURST to get to the rim to score, draw fouls, and create for others.

Thats where he has to be himself. Not fall for the Durant comparisons and settle for mid range contested jumpers in crunch time.

He has a real ability to create havoc in the paint. Use it.

Great game from BI.

I'm talking about in the clutch. And in the clutch his form is, and has been for his entire career, very bad.

I'm not going to pretend that Ingram has magically been a really clutch player so far in his career just to satiate your ahistorical reference. I'm sorry if you think it's bias to acknowledge the reality of his career thus far, but that's just how it's been: if you have a problem with it, take it up with him, I'm not the one who has made him shoot so poorly in clutch time.

Edit: and if you aren't talking about the clutch, what's your point? I specified that I was talking about the clutch. If your point is a general one then where's the disagreement?
    You were absolutely dying to refute my point. So in essence, why were you so quick to refute my point. Notice how I never mentioned the clutch in my first sentence. You jumped to that conclusion. I did say “If Ingram wants to be that guy he needs to consistently hit those shots.” Nothing wrong with what I said. He wants to be that guy. He has to make those shots.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    BI changed how he closes games. Used his obvious BURST to get to the rim to score, draw fouls, and create for others.

Thats where he has to be himself. Not fall for the Durant comparisons and settle for mid range contested jumpers in crunch time.

He has a real ability to create havoc in the paint. Use it.

Great game from BI.

i see what you did there with that burst thing lol.....

ingram played more in control down the stretch or clutch .....

Basketball Guru
    also zion upped his defensive game today....

See BI sit to start the fourth quarter on Bench...
    See Pelicans up by three at that point (83-80)...
    See Pelicans lose lead while BI sits...
    See BI re-enter game with game tied (92-92) at 5:28 mark....
    See BI never leave game again....
    See Pelicans end up winning by five (113-108).

and...

Someone from across the pond says BI sucks....
    Don't be like someone from across the pond and say that BI sucks.
    Be grateful Pelicans have young talent like BI.

The End

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Also based on the history of this team, I wouldn't be surprised if we won by 15. Unlikely, but I wouldn't be shocked.
    And you would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i see what you did there with that burst thing lol.....

ingram played more in control down the stretch or clutch .....
    He's usually in control. But it gets wasted on contested jumpers and indecision.

The refusal to settle and attack the paint with a purpose was the difference.

I'm fine with NAW starting the rest of the year. What they do with Lonzo/Bledsoe...who cares.

"Pels are like a box of chocolates.

You never know what you're gonna get."

F Gump
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    "Pels are like a box of chocolates.

You never know what you're gonna get."

F Gump
    Ten of the chocolate got peanuts and I got a peanut allergy

The refs have been allowing a lot of contact this year, and I think it's been wearing BI down quite a bit, which might explain why his production in the second half doesn't mirror his production in the first.

I think what needs to happen is for BI to come to the realization/acceptance that he is the second best player on this team, and cede the alpha role to Zion. If BI works on his off the ball game and improve his three point shot, I could really see BI flourish next to Zion, and probably become a much better and more effecient scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    The refs have been allowing a lot of contact this year, and I think it's been wearing BI down quite a bit, which might explain why his production in the second half doesn't mirror his production in the first.

I think what needs to happen is for BI to come to the realization/acceptance that he is the second best player on this team, and cede the alpha role to Zion. If BI works on his off the ball game and improve his three point shot, I could really see BI flourish next to Zion, and probably become a much better and more effecient scorer.
    My only problem is that style of offense gets shot down in the playoffs. Your number two guy has to be able to create his own offense. So, I get that ISO Ingram is frustrating. He has to develop that game which doesn't guarentee he ever improves. The only way he can improve is to do it in short burst at the end of games.

He's already great off ball in the catch and shoot. He has to add more to his game to be the 2nd guy. He has shown elite flashes at times with it. You just got gamble with your 2nd guy on that. You can't be successful with one star and 11 role players.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    My only problem is that style of offense gets shot down in the playoffs. Your number two guy has to be able to create his own offense. So, I get that ISO Ingram is frustrating. He has to develop that game which doesn't guarentee he ever improves. The only way he can improve is to do it in short burst at the end of games.

He's already great off ball in the catch and shoot. He has to add more to his game to be the 2nd guy. He has shown elite flashes at times with it. You just got gamble with your 2nd guy on that. You can't be successful with one star and 11 role players.
    I think that depends on what you mean by successful, honestly. I do think you can be a consistent playoff team that wins 50 games every year that way, though I do agree that it makes it very very very difficult to be a championship calibre team. Very few teams get to the finals like that (I can only think of 3 in the past 20 years) and even fewer actually win that chip.

My concern is that a lot of the time the difficult shot Ingram gets into taking isn't a shot that he's being forced to make by tough defense - though sometimes it is. Sometimes it's just him choosing to take a worse shot for very little reason.

You have to be able to create offense, and you need someone who can hit difficult shots. But you don't need someone who needs to hit difficult shots because they turn down easier ones. That's no fun at all.

I think that depends on what you mean by successful, honestly. I do think you can be a consistent playoff team that wins 50 games every year that way, though I do agree that it makes it very very very difficult to be a championship calibre team. Very few teams get to the finals like that (I can only think of 3 in the past 20 years) and even fewer actually win that chip.

My concern is that a lot of the time the difficult shot Ingram gets into taking isn't a shot that he's being forced to make by tough defense - though sometimes it is. Sometimes it's just him choosing to take a worse shot for very little reason.

You have to be able to create offense, and you need someone who can hit difficult shots. But you don't need someone who needs to hit difficult shots because they turn down easier ones. That's no fun at all.
    That’s why it's incredibly frustrating and constant feeling of growing pains, but I would say that Ingram has improved with him incorporating more facilitator in his game and let it click for him in the last game to not be a Baby KD taking low percentage jumpers as much. He got all that length to draw fouls. He needs to start using it more consistently in the clutch.

Edit: Ingram has also stepped up to calling plays this season and sometimes... He really can be in his bag when he does it.

Thread Information