Pelicans Report

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

I wished we'd taken Riller atp (and kept him) but Griff must REALLY not want another rookie on the team

At least it’s not cash considerations. Those bum me out

Riller and Killian Tillie as UDFA guys for 2 ways >>>>>>>
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    At least it’s not cash considerations. Those bum me out
    Or Eric Gordon, or that Solomon Hill

Nico Mannion, once thought to be a surefire lottery pick, has plummeted to the depths of despair. Whoever advised him, did him no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Without getting too deep into it, I buy a lot of the critiques of it made by people like Deleuze and Guattari in the post-structuralist era, but there are some useful frameworks in it for analysing the way we experience our minds even if they're not quite accurate, and as a literary theory it can be very revealing.
    It has more to do with literary pop psychology than any real world application. Cool things to muse about but doesn't see any quantifiable results when utilized.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Nico Mannion, once thought to be a surefire lottery pick, has plummeted to the depths of despair. Whoever advised him, did him no favors.
    Basketball isn’t ready for gingers

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I still don't get it, and I don't understand why he wouldn't tell us.

I wonder if they've changed their minds and bring Didi over. I know timing of his contract start matters, but I still hope so. Lets get that party started.

So do we not not own 60 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It has more to do with literary pop psychology than any real world application. Cool things to muse about but doesn't see any quantifiable results when utilized.
    Pop psychology =/= literary theory. They are two different fields.

Pop psychology is when someone believes in ''alphas'' and ''betas'' without ever finding out that this entire framework was derived from a study on wolves that was later debunked by its own author as being not even true, for wolves.

So do we not not own 60 as well?
    No, it got traded to Milwaukee in the Jrue trade.

No, it got traded to Milwaukee in the Jrue trade.
    And 42? I want the truth damnit

And 42? I want the truth damnit
    42 got traded to Utah for a future pick, iirc

Okay okay, decent landing spot for him.

Sixers killed this draft honestly

So it was never ours but it kind of was but it was traded to Utah. #draftgate2020

Sixers killed this draft honestly
    Darryl Morey is taking over

So, MM had inside info that we traded the 42nd pick way before we traded the 42nd pick and unquestionable facts that our targets were trading up for Haliburton/ Williams or choosing between Bey and Maxey at 13. Maybe his insider is not really an insider or just doesn’t want to give him accurate info.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Darryl Morey is taking over
    He's reworked the Sixers quite a bit already and in clearly positive ways. Added ballhandlers, shooters, got off huge awful contracts.

So we don’t have 60 anymore? We started the draft with 4 picks and only got one player. Damn wish we could of gotten another draft & stash guy like Didi, but oh well. I hope we don’t regret trading RJ Hampton and hope we end up getting a pick for him. Getting Kira Lewis Jr and RJ Hampton would of been an unreal draft IMO. I was so pumped when we took RJ, but then we immediately traded him away. Don’t think Lonzo is in the long term plans, but having two combo guys like NAW & RJ would as your shooting guards would of been sweet.

Basketball isn’t ready for gingers
    See Hall of Famer, Bill Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    So we don’t have 60 anymore? We started the draft with 4 picks and only got one player. Damn wish we could of gotten another draft & stash guy like Didi, but oh well. I hope we don’t regret trading RJ Hampton and hope we end up getting a pick for him. Getting Kira Lewis Jr and RJ Hampton would of been an unreal draft IMO. I was so pumped when we took RJ, but then we immediately traded him away. Don’t think Lonzo is in the long term plans, but having two combo guys like NAW & RJ would as your shooting guards would of been sweet.
    We traded 60 to Milwaukee in the Jrue trade. We have not had it since Monday.

39 got traded, not 42.

Hawks take the LSU guy

Thread Information