Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I didn't know he turns into Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man (Wesley Snipes) in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So far this season, Redick is 8/31 from 3, good for 25.8%

In the first 6 games of last year, Redick was 15/38, good for 39.5%

In fact, through his first 15 games, he shot 47.7% from 3, on 7.3 per game. It was a pretty hot start.
    Yep. Must have been thinking of preseason...

The problem with Bledsoe is the playoffs. So if that's the problem the Pelicans have with him this year, I think that should be fine because it means the Pelicans are in the playoffs...

2019 vs Siakam (pts/rebs/asts)

Game 1: 34/18/5 (42% shooting)
    Game 2: 44/10/4 (61% shooting)

Game 1: 20/6/6 (47% shooting)
    Game 2: 10/4/1 (40% shooting)

Went from feasting on the poor Pelicans to fouling out and frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    2019 vs Siakam (pts/rebs/asts)

Game 1: 34/18/5 (42% shooting)
    Game 2: 44/10/4 (61% shooting)

Game 1: 20/6/6 (47% shooting)
    Game 2: 10/4/1 (40% shooting)

Went from feasting on the poor Pelicans to fouling out and frustrated.
    He's been struggling every since the bubble. A lot of players did, but almost all them rebounded except for him.

Yet, we are completely frustrating him and that's so enjoyable.

Nice win guys! We are 4-2 in the standings. Don't wake Me up!

Looking at our next 10 games, we play:

- Vs Indiana
    - Vs OKC
    - Vs Charlotte
    - @ Dallas
    - @ Clippers
    - @ Lakers
    - @ Sacramento
    - @ Utah
    - @ Utah
    - @ Minnesota

I genuinely feel like we could be at 7-3 (wins against OKC and Charlotte, coin flip against Indiana who are looking good) before heading out on that road trip, which would be a huge plus because that road trip is a horror show.

Dallas have struggled so far this year, but they're one of those teams with a superstar and a great coach so it's never an easy trip. Then Clippers and Lakers, who have the same records as us so far and will obviously have home court advantage and such; Lakers reigning champs. Then Sacramento has been quite good so far as well, and Utah in Utah twice in a row is no mean feat. If we went 4-6 during that 10 game stretch I'd consider that pretty decent. Which would put us at 8-8 over the first 16 games, something I'd be quite happy with. I wouldn't even be too upset if we slipped just under .500, something like 7-9 or something.

Worse than that is totally plausible for a bunch of reasons, but I'd start being grumpy if we ended up 5-11 or something like that. If we can just hover within a few games of .500 through this stretch, then we come out on the other side and get a substantial home stretch to recover. Of course, that home stretch does include a back-to-back vs Milwaukee and Houston, another game against Phoenix, and the Spurs again, so it's not like it's a cakewalk.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    good game.....FREE THROWS,,FREE THROWS....

- Vs Indiana
    - Vs OKC
    - Vs Charlotte
    - @ Dallas
    - @ Clippers
    - @ Lakers
    - @ Sacramento
    - @ Utah
    - @ Utah
    - @ Minnesota

I genuinely feel like we could be at 7-3 (wins against OKC and Charlotte, coin flip against Indiana who are looking good) before heading out on that road trip, which would be a huge plus because that road trip is a horror show.

Dallas have struggled so far this year, but they're one of those teams with a superstar and a great coach so it's never an easy trip. Then Clippers and Lakers, who have the same records as us so far and will obviously have home court advantage and such; Lakers reigning champs. Then Sacramento has been quite good so far as well, and Utah in Utah twice in a row is no mean feat. If we went 4-6 during that 10 game stretch I'd consider that pretty decent. Which would put us at 8-8 over the first 16 games, something I'd be quite happy with. I wouldn't even be too upset if we slipped just under .500, something like 7-9 or something.

Worse than that is totally plausible for a bunch of reasons, but I'd start being grumpy if we ended up 5-11 or something like that. If we can just hover within a few games of .500 through this stretch, then we come out on the other side and get a substantial home stretch to recover. Of course, that home stretch does include a back-to-back vs Milwaukee and Houston, another game against Phoenix, and the Spurs again, so it's not like it's a cakewalk.
    Most of those results depend on our backcourt and bench. If they keep showing the promise they have in the past two, we should be close in the majority of those and take several of them. If they don’t, Ingram will have to pull miracles out of his bum to steal some of those and Zion will have to play like he did last night. I do think Bled has gotten the message though so I expect him to keep producing. I think we’ll be okay

- Vs Indiana
    - Vs OKC
    - Vs Charlotte
    - @ Dallas
    - @ Clippers
    - @ Lakers
    - @ Sacramento
    - @ Utah
    - @ Utah
    - @ Minnesota

If we can hover around 500 it would be amazing. That road trip is evil though. But honestly if we can keep up the good defense and keep down the turnovers we should be in most games at the end. If we have a chance to win at the end against those teams I will be happy. I'll be going bonkers if we can win 4 out of those 7 road games though.

This season I'm looking for around 500 on the road and 2 of 3 at home. Its high expectations and I won't get bent out of shape if they don't get there yet but thats my measuring stick for a great year. Development of the young guys is paramount though.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If we can hover around 500 it would be amazing. That road trip is evil though. But honestly if we can keep up the good defense and keep down the turnovers we should be in most games at the end. If we have a chance to win at the end against those teams I will be happy. I'll be going bonkers if we can win 4 out of those 7 road games though.

This season I'm looking for around 500 on the road and 2 of 3 at home. Its high expectations and I won't get bent out of shape if they don't get there yet but thats my measuring stick for a great year. Development of the young guys is paramount though.

I agree. Nickeil and Hayes development still take priority. People will be much happier stomaching losses if we are losing the right way instead of running 8 man silly rotations. We need to think long term.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Most of those results depend on our backcourt and bench. If they keep showing the promise they have in the past two, we should be close in the majority of those and take several of them. If they don’t, Ingram will have to pull miracles out of his bum to steal some of those and Zion will have to play like he did last night. I do think Bled has gotten the message though so I expect him to keep producing. I think we’ll be okay
    For me a big X factor is Redick, as obvious as it sounds. If he can bounce back to even sort of average Redick standard where he's hitting 38 or 39% of 5 threes a game - a standard which is very pedestrian for him - then our bench suddenly looks a lot more offensively capable, and he can get more run with the main guys as well which makes things easier for guys like Zion. Right now when he's giving you absolutely nothing, he's basically unplayable and that hurts everyone else who gets so much from his spacing.

For me a big X factor is Redick, as obvious as it sounds. If he can bounce back to even sort of average Redick standard where he's hitting 38 or 39% of 5 threes a game - a standard which is very pedestrian for him - then our bench suddenly looks a lot more offensively capable, and he can get more run with the main guys as well which makes things easier for guys like Zion. Right now when he's giving you absolutely nothing, he's basically unplayable and that hurts everyone else who gets so much from his spacing.
    It hurts my heart to see him playing this poorly. He is a huge boon if he gets it together. Atm he is a huge negative and it’s getting to the point where he is stealing minutes from more deserving players. Still hold out hope he comes back around.

Since the Christmas game we seem to have fallen off the national radar and for that I am glad. This road trip will be a true test of where we are. I am practicing the mantra of this year is about the progress not our record but the early success has my heart yearning for more !

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Since the Christmas game we seem to have fallen off the national radar and for that I am glad. This road trip will be a true test of where we are. I am practicing the mantra of this year is about the progress not our record but the early success has my heart yearning for more !
    If we can come out 2-5 out of that road trip. I'll be thrilled.

3-4 is what I hope for...

I do feel like Lonzo deserves some praise, because he has been more consistent while not perfect. He hasn't hit his rock bottom lows from last year. I know it's only been 6 games, but we historically struggle so badly coming out of the gate with Gentry. He deserves praise even if has some lesd than ideal performances. The outlook is I personally hope he can keep getting better. He keeps being contributor and just doesn't become the player that causes us to lose games.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I saw an update on Gabriel... it seems he is very close to being available, but way behind on the basketball stuff....sounds like it will take some time before he will be prepared to contribute, but he is one I am looking forward to seeing on the court....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I do feel like Lonzo deserves some praise, because he has been more consistent while not perfect. He hasn't hit his rock bottom lows from last year. I know it's only been 6 games, but we historically struggle so badly coming out of the gate with Gentry. He deserves praise even if has some lesd than ideal performances. The outlook is I personally hope he can keep getting better. He keeps being contributor and just doesn't become the player that causes us to lose games.
    He's been pretty solid. I know some people are doing weird victory laps, as if he had been just on fire or something, which is frankly far from the case, but he has been far from a complete disaster as well. Six games in and he's probably close to 50/50 good and bad. On one hand, he's had a few really good games which have been great to see, and the defense has picked up from last year back to a solid level, at least on ball. Off ball, however, he's been kind of shaky with constant overhelp (that clip of Ingram pushing him back on to his man when he was completely blowing a rotation comes to mind), and despite a few good games, his overall shooting efficiency has still been pretty terrible: 39/30/55 splits for 48% TS on the season thus far.

He's shown some good play, and some terrible play, and he still has a lot to prove. But the fact is that he's had some good play, which is more than I expected this early.

I've seen a lot of people weirdly excited about Wenyen Gabriel, and I have no idea if I'm just missing something. Can someone explain to me why we think he's actually going to get appreciable playing time? Why are we anticipating him getting healthy as if he's actually going to be seeing the court with any frequency?

I could obviously be missing the point completely, that's why I'm asking for someone to give me a hand, but it just feels like a few years ago when a ton of people were getting super hyped over Blueitt.

I've seen a lot of people weirdly excited about Wenyen Gabriel, and I have no idea if I'm just missing something. Can someone explain to me why we think he's actually going to get appreciable playing time? Why are we anticipating him getting healthy as if he's actually going to be seeing the court with any frequency?

I could obviously be missing the point completely, that's why I'm asking for someone to give me a hand, but it just feels like a few years ago when a ton of people were getting super hyped over Blueitt.
    Or when we were getting really impatient about signing Dante Cunningham

I don't get it either. But like I said, this place can go into the twilight zone.

He's a long athletic defensive minded guy that you can throw a body at some of the longer wings in the league in short spurts when guys like Hart can't manage. His physical tools are going to make him useful when Melli gives you nothing. I want to see if he can play PF with Zion when he's the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I don't get it either. But like I said, this place can go into the twilight zone.
    I'm in the same boat and everytime I'm like... Whhooo?

Thread Information