Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: January 21st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 5-8

This backcourt is killing us

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I was wondering where our Ingram ISO segment...
    Nah I don't even think he ISO'd that hard tonight. Just stopped taking and making shots for the most part.
    Basketball.

So... Jalen Green in the lottery ?

We need a legitimately shooter so bad. And we also need to give minutes to our actual PG, Kira, who is just sat there on the bench.

Seems like you could do both in one fell swoop, if you tried hard enough.

Lonzo or Bledsoe or Redick (or both) + picks for someone who can shoot and secondary playmake.

Doesn't have to be a star. Go out to bat for Luke Kennard or Kevin Huerter. Screw it, give Atlanta Lonzo and a Milwaukee 1st for Huerter. Please.

At this rate get your Cade Goggles on.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I can smell Cade now
    Think he goes top 3 and I think we?ll be picking between 5-8. I do think Moses Moody would fit this team really well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    At this rate get your Cade Goggles on.
    Woah woah.... We aren't at the part of the season where we claw our way to 10th seed for no good reason other than to spite ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Think he goes top 3 and I think we?ll be picking between 5-8. I do think Moses Moody would fit this team really well though.
    Cade should be top 1. He's the clear, clear, obvious best pick in this draft. There is no legitimate argument in my view, regardless of how good Mobley has been.

I do agree Moody would be great on this team.

Woah woah.... We aren't at the part of the season where we claw our way to 10th seed for no good reason other than to spite ourselves.
    Then get Corey Kispert or something and add someone who can just actually play.

Is he playing this year or is he sitting out?

Cade should be top 1. He's the clear, clear, obvious best pick in this draft. There is no legitimate argument in my view, regardless of how good Mobley has been.

I do agree Moody would be great on this team.
    I actually heard that Suggs is being projected to go 1. And yeah I really like moody

I actually heard that Suggs is being projected to go 1. And yeah I really like moody
    I mean, if people want to ''Ayton Trae'' themselves on a Luka again, they can feel free. But it's Cade all the way imo.

Lonzo should have had 16 shots in this game to lead the team if not for the foot out of bounds. Thats 16 shots and ZERO free throws. Is his fan hoard that important?

Meanwhile NAW took 7 shots and got 7 free throws. WTF is it going to take to make the most obvious move for this team in basketball history?

And BI has to take his shots. I dont care if it's 30. Every lead player has 12-31 games. Tatum had a 10-28. Donovan Mitchell has gone 6 - 23, and TWO 8 - 23 games. Kyrie had a 10 -27. Lillard had an 11 - 28 game.

It happens. But that doesn't mean you become afraid to get your shots. Both BI and Zion need to take 20 - 25 shots per game each.

And Lonzo needs to come off the bench. This is turning into a coaching failure right now.

Is he playing this year or is he sitting out?
    G League is canceled this year, right?

Man... This top 5 in the next draft is pretty amazing.

G League is canceled this year, right?
    Yup you’re right

The Franchise
    Nah I don't even think he ISO'd that hard tonight. Just stopped taking and making shots for the most part.
    He did the right thing..

Almost everything him and Zion get they have to work for out of sheer talent. Our other guys don't have the ability to do that. Which is why the offense is terrible.

No guard to generate open looks for either, or an offensive system to generate open looks, or easier looks for them.

Ingram did the right thing by not forcing anything.

Man... This top 5 in the next draft is pretty amazing.
    Yeah, good chance we’ll be picking in it lol, I’d be extremely happy if we walked away with either Green or Moody

Tell us how you really feel, Eric.

Wow that's some really nifty passing craft and vision, with good velocity and a nice delivery through the window. Wish we had someone on our team who could do that.

Wait a minute...

Say we drafted a stud SF, any we decided to play NAW as our future 6th man, could BI function at shooting guard or he wouldn’t be able to defend other shooting guards

The Franchise
    Say we drafted a stud SF, any we decided to play NAW as our future 6th man, could BI function at shooting guard or he wouldn’t be able to defend other shooting guards
    He played the 1 2 and 3 for the Lakers.. Did well defending two's.. Had a stretch where he locked up Kyrie, Doncic, J Butler, and Paul George.. He's capable when focused on defense, and coached up to do so.

He'd have some trouble against quicker shooting guards but depending on who we draft for the SF position that you envision, you could probably just switch off and hide BI at times if really necessary, depending on where the biggest threat was.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Given how hard we tried to trade up for Patrick Williams, I figure that’s the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Given how hard we tried to trade up for Patrick Williams, I figure that’s the plan.
    My thoughts exactly, man I wanted Patrick Williams bad, but I think Kira will be great. If we somehow landed jalen green BI can stay at SF lol

What makes it worse is he’s looked fantastic for Chicago

Thread Information