Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: What will happen first?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • We fire our head coach

10 32.26%
  • We lose our franchise player

14 45.16%
  • Aliens contact us

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happens first?

What happens first?

What is going to happen first?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I just want it to end. This team is built the wrong way from top to bottom.

On a good note, we played clean basketball tonight and looked better than usual for a good chunk of the 2nd half. Having said that, we are facing several issues.

Our team (when fully healthy) is made for playoff basketball. Our style isn’t sustainable for an 82 game season, hence the crap we see on the court. Until Payton is back with a vengeance, we will suck unless changes are made. Gentry needs to get this team moving the ball and hitting open 3’s. Too much iso crap on the court and not enough open looks.

Defensively- Christ. Team defense is yet again poor and the help is often late. We showed that we CAN play defense, but the effort is not there. Honestly, I don’t know whether to blame Erman or the players.

Gentry and Demps just got extensions. Unless Gayle does something drastic this trend will continue. Hey at least the Saints are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Gentry and Demps just got extensions. Unless Gayle does something drastic this trend will continue. Hey at least the Saints are winning.
    Amen to that.

Last night was missing two starters against the current best record in the West, on a back to back. We played really well.

On the other hand, this team has lost some insanely winnable games.

But getting Payton back should fix most of the TO, depth, and even defensive issues.

We need a serviceable 3 in the worst way we can't keep have jrue and Moore guarding dudes 4 5 inches taller then them

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    We need a serviceable 3 in the worst way we can't keep have jrue and Moore guarding dudes 4 5 inches taller then them

This team needs plenty.
    It needs a starting 3, a back up PG, a rim protector when AD is out and a bench.
    Can't see all that being sorted by the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This team needs plenty.
    It needs a starting 3, a back up PG, a rim protector when AD is out and a bench.
    I feel like we should be starting miller while Moore and Randle can be your scoring punch off the bench. I mean I would like to atleast see miller in the starting line so we can see what's up

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This team needs plenty.
    I agree we need plenty, but what? Is okafor playable? how about williams? Tim hasn't been great, but not horrible either. Gives more D effort, although not good at D, then all starters accept Jrue. if Gentry keeps playing holiday and davis 37 mins per we won't be even in the picture near trade deadline. NO LOGICAL REASON for oak not to get 4-8 mins. NONE. The guy sucked last yr. but appears to have worked hard for a shot. We need Davis. nico, and jr ALL ON THE COURT. let diallo and oak spell them.

Gentry should have let Hill do his thing late inthe game. Worked to perfection earlier in the year.

CP3 all over again

I’m going with “we lose our franchise player first”.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I’m going with “we lose our franchise player first”.
    I honestly think that’s a foregone conclusion at this point.

The tougher question is whether this ownership cares enough to get its act together post-AD before it sells the franchise off to one of the over-bidding Seattle business groups?

Maybe he will start caring by February like last year? What happened to angry Gentry? I was liking him last year when he was calling everyone out! Give me a coach that cares!

Yup, it’s definitely going to be the coach...definitely.

#Pelslife

Yup, it’s definitely going to be the coach...definitely.

#Pelslife
    I seriously wouldn't be mad if Chris Finch became head coach. I'm expecting this actually because he will be gone after this season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I honestly think that’s a foregone conclusion at this point.

The tougher question is whether this ownership cares enough to get its act together post-AD before it sells the franchise off to one of the over-bidding Seattle business groups?
    Dell wants to keep his job to keep the team good. You'll still have Jrue and hopefully Randle and cap space. Maybe Frank develops or maybe they hit on a draft pick. It's not likely but the front office isn't going to stop trying. I don't think they'll throw their hands up and stop trying.
    Welcome to be here

If AD leaves, you have to let go of Demps. If he couldn’t do “It” with a generational talent that he was essentially handed, does he deserve a chance at trying to build it up again? I don’t think so.

If AD leaves, you have to let go of Demps. If he couldn’t do “It” with a generational talent that he was essentially handed, does he deserve a chance at trying to build it up again? I don’t think so.
    AD is a generational talent, but is he really "THE" generational talent that can bring this franchise to a championship?

I was listening to NBA radio earlier today and they were taking about AD, and pretty much everyone agreed that a team will not win a championship with AD as the best player on that team, simply because he doesnt have that "dog" mentality, and doesnt demand excellence from his teammates like a Lebron/Westbrook type.

It's sad to say it because of how good AD is, he just doesnt have the right mentality to be the best player in the NBA like he should be.

Depends what he gets back for AD. Going into this season everyone was saying this was the most talented team AD has ever had. That's Dell's work.

Now because the talent isn't working right and is injured, Dell should be fired? Gentry, for sure, I'm all for clearing out the coaching staff, but I think the last 2 years Dell has been pretty good.

That said if they wanted to fire Dell, ok. I'm not going to die on the hill for him, but I trust him a lot more than I do Gentry. I don't
    believe a new GM would suddenly make things better.

Gentry just got an extension. How much will this cost Gayle to get rid off him? Yeah not gonna happen.Since the Saints are winning Gayle is likely to ride this out the next 2 years. Gayle would much rather spend her money at Wal-Mart and that is fine with me. Now what may happen is Gentry is told to clean house. Erman, Vincents inc told to pack a bag and get out.

All indications are that the Pels were Mrs B's baby. If I remember correctly. I'm not so sure that she is just going to coast along. I believe she is far more likely to take action than Mr Benson with basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Depends what he gets back for AD. Going into this season everyone was saying this was the most talented team AD has ever had. That's Dell's work.

Now because the talent isn't working right and is injured, Dell should be fired? Gentry, for sure, I'm all for clearing out the coaching staff, but I think the last 2 years Dell has been pretty good.

That said if they wanted to fire Dell, ok. I'm not going to die on the hill for him, but I trust him a lot more than I do Gentry. I don't
    believe a new GM would suddenly make things better.
    I think I mostly agree with you. But if we really are gonna tear it all down, I would want a completely objective person looking at the roster who knows he has at least a 3 year window to get the team on track. Demps would probably be (understandably) beholden to a few current players and that tends to trip GM's up during rebuilds. If the team decides to get rid of Gentry and trade AD, I think I'd prefer Dell heading out the door with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I think I mostly agree with you. But if we really are gonna tear it all down, I would want a completely objective person looking at the roster who knows he has at least a 3 year window to get the team on track. Demps would probably be (understandably) beholden to a few current players and that tends to trip GM's up during rebuilds. If the team decides to get rid of Gentry and trade AD, I think I'd prefer Dell heading out the door with them.
    If the team thought that way I wouldn't be upset. To me though the last couple years Dell has been good. I also agree with his philosophy of using 1st round picks to get proven players. A new GM wouldn't probably do that.

Thread Information